DNA Solves
Latest statistics for NC:
Lab-confirmed cases: 129,288
Percent of tests positive: 9%
Currently hospitalized: 1,167
Total deaths: 2,050
NC DHHS COVID-19

I posted this in the main thread and decided to put it here too:

I just learned that an assisted living facility near me (in NC) has had a COVID outbreak among staff and residents, and 4 residents have died. I sure hope there won't be more.

Also, there is a long-term nursing care facility in a retirement community in my county that has had a recent outbreak among staff and residents. Contract tracing has been done, and no deaths have been reported, thank goodness.

It's terrible when this happens to such vulnerable groups.

I just learned that an assisted living facility near me (in NC) has had a COVID outbreak among staff and residents, and 4 residents have died. I sure hope there won't be more.

Also, there is a long-term nursing care facility in a retirement community in my county that has had a recent outbreak among staff and residents. Contract tracing has been done, and no deaths have been reported, thank goodness.

Oh no. :(
What part of the state?

My gf's father contracted it in his nursing home and died within 48 hrs of being admitted to the ICU. I'm in Charlotte, btw.

DHHS official: 25 NC children have developed rare, mysterious illness after COVID-19
BY ADAM WAGNER
AUGUST 31, 2020

North Carolina has reported 25 cases of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children, a severe condition that some children develop as much as a month after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

(SNIP)

Abdominal pain and vomiting were the most frequent symptoms of multisystem inflammatory syndrome, followed closely by skin rash and diarrhea, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

More at link; may be paywall (?).

NC has reported more than 190,000 COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic
By Lynn Bonner
September 18, 2020 12:45 PM
This article should be accessible to anyone.

To summarize:
Total cases in NC: 191,019 (as of Friday)
Total deaths: 3,207 (as of Friday)
Patients hospitalized: 904 (as of Thursday)
Percent positive tests: 5.1% (as of Wednesday)

Excerpt:
"Gov. Roy Cooper announced Thursday that key metrics were stable enough to allow public schools to start full-time, in-person learning for children in grades K-5, The News & Observer reported.... Elementary schools can open under the “minimal social distancing plan” beginning Oct. 5, also known as Plan A.

Middle and high school will continue to follow Plan B, with “moderate social distancing” requirements that limit how many people can be on campus, or Plan C, which is virtual instruction.

Friday, after getting pressure from parents of UNC and NC State football players, the mass gathering limit is being relaxed so NC State parents can attend the home game against Wake Forest on Saturday, and UNC parents can attend the Tar Heels’ next home game, The N&O reported."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back