Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perplexing. How was his state of mind and mental health?

On the positive:
He was looking forward to his holiday in Norway and to get away from the heatwave in the Netherlands.
He made plans to meet with friends after his holidays.
He had plans for work, and he had made various appointments for the week in which he planned to return.

Question marks:
He bought a hi-tec foldable kayak, and his friends say they never heard him about kayaking before. He had had a knee operation, so perhaps the kayak was an alternative to walking.
He said he was going to Svalbard/ Spitsbergen but he changed his plans and went to Bodø instead, his friends first searched for him in Spitsbergen.
One friend who spoke with him on the phone before his holidays remarked he sounded burned-out.

My impression of his mental state: he needed that holiday and he did not tell his friends everything. Sounds ordinary, IMHO.

Here is a contact for (Red Cross) Bodø area when you have questions about the training and skills of the dogs..so that you know for certain.
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&sl=no&tl=en&u=https://www.nrh.no/om-norske-redningshunder/organisasjon/
And another link is here:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&sl=no&tl=en&u=https://www.nrh.no/vaart-arbeid/redningsarbeid/

Both are in English
"
rescue operations
Norwegian rescue dogs work to find missing dogs. The organization has around 1600 members. Of these, approximately 300 approved dogmasters. A dog breach may be approved within one or more of these disciplines:

• after Increase
  • Lavine
  • Katastrofesøk
In 2015, Norwegian Rescue Dogs participated in close to 500 rescue operations.

The Chief Rescue Centers and the police summon dog leaders when they need dog care assistance."

I would like to think that someone dies,due to an accident,the dog is able to find a dead person and has several trainings to track that.
If you look at the side of NRO.no,they have all kind of dogs..

But to be honest..I am not sure..what you want to know.
Zazara wants a good bloodhound to track from Station Rognan and Chiatos,you are talking about cadaver dogs..so I suggest to give them a mail,if the use of the dogs,during the search was tracked in the most satisfying way.

@worldwatcher; thnx for the links. They might prove to be helpful.

I trust that Ancilla / Family of Arjen / Cave / Friends of Arjen read here now and then. By now they should know to what extent dogs* have been used in the searches for Arjen, or how to expand the searches. The Dutch RHWW dogs may also come in handy.

* on Sep. 5th police searched with dogs in the Linken area, see page 2

I have the impression that police has a hunch that Arjen did not drown in that fjord.

In a press release Tuesday (Published: 12.SEP.2018 ), police inspector Bjarte Walla writes that most tips are from Stavanger and Vikeså: Sim-kortet til den savnede nederlenderen kan spores til Vikeså So why are the investigation focusing in the north only or is the southern investigation just more secret? Why are there no information about more witnesses in Stavanger area if most tips are from that area ? As far as I have found, there are only two persons that claim to have seen him in the Stavanger area, one that spoke to VG; Arjen Kamphuis (47) skal ha blitt observert sammen med to personer i Vikeså and another strange twitter account I have understood it is not possible to link to in this forum because people here wouldn't be able to understand it as rumours (even if its written as rumours) or something, please correct if wrong

Last edited:
In a press release Tuesday (Published: 12.SEP.2018 ), police inspector Bjarte Walla writes that most tips are from Stavanger and Vikeså: Sim-kortet til den savnede nederlenderen kan spores til Vikeså So why are the investigation focusing in the north only or is the southern investigation just more secret? Why are there no information about more witnesses in Stavanger area if most tips are from that area ? As far as I have found, there are only two persons that claim to have seen him in the Stavanger area, one that spoke to VG; Arjen Kamphuis (47) skal ha blitt observert sammen med to personer i Vikeså and another strange twitter account I have understood it is not possible to link to in this forum because people here wouldn't be able to understand it as rumours (even if its written as rumours) or something, please correct if wrong

Hi eeqaz, about Twitter as a source. Nothing stops me, or you for that matter, to open an account on Twitter and send whatever message we like into the virtual world.

So let me think up a name .... Rusty Viking Maiden...

Rusty Viking Maiden @RustyVikingMaiden13
Jeg møtte tre vandrere den andre dagen. En tysk, to nederlandsk. Den høye nederlandskeren med langt krøllete røde hår fortalte meg at navnet hans var Arjen. Han var på vei til Berlin.

That's a google translation from English to Norwegian, I have no idea if it is correct.

I met three hikers the other day. One German, two Dutch. The tall Dutchman with long, curly red hair told me his name was Arjen. He was on his way to Berlin.

This isn't even a rumour. I made it all up, but the next person who reads this has no way of knowing. Next, we're all rushing to Berlin.

Hope this helps. It has nothing to do with people here being unable to understand, but everything with you not being able to vouch for your source - who is this person? what makes this person a reliable source? can he / she be verified? are there other sources that confirm this news?

There is a great place to discuss rumours on Twitter, and that place is Twitter. No need to take them here.

Hi eeqaz, about Twitter as a source. Nothing stops me, or you for that matter, to open an account on Twitter and send whatever message we like into the virtual world.

Jeg møtte tre vandrere den andre dagen. En tysk, to nederlandsk. Den høye nederlandskeren med langt krøllete røde hår fortalte meg at navnet hans var Arjen. Han var på vei til Berlin.

That's a google translation from English to Norwegian, I have no idea if it is correct.

I met three hikers the other day. One German, two Dutch. The tall Dutchman with long, curly red hair told me his name was Arjen. He was on his way to Berlin.

This isn't even a rumour. I made it all up, but the next person who reads this has no way of knowing. Next, we're all rushing to Berlin.

Hope this helps. It has nothing to do with people here being unable to understand, but everything with you not being able to vouch for your source - who is this person? what makes this person a reliable source? can he / she be verified? are there other sources that confirm this news?

There is a great place to discuss rumours on Twitter, and that place is Twitter. No need to take them here.
Twitter is a twillightzone...in this case, I think...
But there has been postings here before that did not match the MSM & LE so I guess as long as it does not come from a reporter/journalist on twitter,it is better not to be discussed or post here..

Not trying to knockdown this twitter topic/discussion but the push I saw so far on twitter for more information is disrespectful (imo)

Now you just made a ruomur yourself for someone scrolling your post. Posts with referents to social forums was not deleted before accusations and deleted accounts etc appeared, I just find that strange somehow, and those social forums works with nicks etc. just as in this forum: most here doesn't now if people here are what they say they are, and therefore posts without any links ref. to media, or the Shibtvedt here in Norway, shouldnt be posted.We all know thats the only reliable source, thats why they own the most. All other theories, questions or possible information should not been brought on board. OK. I got it.

I guess you have a valid point,eeqaz
Ancilla is on WS a not verified insider so seems off limits too..?!

I guess you have a valid point,eeqaz
Ancilla is on WS a not verified insider so seems off limits too..?!
what abput: i went to Bodø and Rognan and talked with some locals but I cant tell you what they said because it has not been in the media. Whats good about some forums is that with whats written in media, plus for example rumours in this case, from locals Rognan, will give a larger picture. But its OK Websleuths not working like this, there are other forums.

Some things may be repeated in private conversations, or if there is not msm support, one could always make suggestions or share your theory in a post, but add that it is just your opinion,( imo ) or that it is a rumour or speculation ect.

tumblr_ljbg44QOab1qcfba3o1_500.gif

twitter rumour gif - Google Search:

what abput: i went to Bodø and Rognan and talked with some locals but I cant tell you what they said because it has not been in the media. Whats good about some forums is that with whats written in media, plus for example rumours in this case, from locals Rognan, will give a larger picture. But its OK Websleuths not working like this, there are other forums.

If you went to Bodø and talked to the locals, and you can back that up, you can tell that here as a personal experience.

Ancilla is / was the spokesperson for the family and friends, and she has been interviewed by various MSM about the disappearance of Arjen, this makes her a reliable source.

BTW a profile here on WS with the name Ancilla would need verification to confirm that she is who she is. On Twitter, @ncilla is a verified account.

If you went to Bodø and talked to the locals, and you can back that up, you can tell that here as a personal experience.

Ancilla is / was the spokesperson for the family and friends, and she has been interviewed by various MSM about the disappearance of Arjen, this makes her a reliable source.

BTW a profile here on WS with the name Ancilla would need verification to confirm that she is who she is. On Twitter, @ncilla is a verified account.
True,correct but here is what has been explained here ..a few pages back.

Hi all, please make sure you are linking to MSM or LE type sources only. Individuals' posts on Twitter or any other social media forum are not allowed unless posted by an MSM journalist page. Information from personal friends or acquaintances is also considered rumor and not to be discussed. Thank you.

And I did see other post from twitter here from LK (not a spokesperson for the family,not a journalist) about the paddle,search etc...so that is not allowed here,either!

But I did look it up again...just to be sure!

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.
All you need to do is change the words a bit and add it into your own words,so you wont get reported or get flagged! ;)

Reliable tweets are for instance those of:
Ancilla (@ncilla) on Twitter
Politiet i Nordland (@politinordland) on Twitter
other ?

For the rest: I consider the WS FamilyofArjen (FoA) to be reliable and according to me no verification would have been needed, but I understand that there are rules.

The news/posts by FoA were often placed *before* that same news was published in media, indicating that FoA was also present at the police meetings that were preannounced by FoA.
(But my opinion doesn't count.)

Yes idd.Kinda tricky,isn't it? ( getting caught up in the rules)

BTW I did wanted to respond to your @Chiatos post earlier the NP site (before this twitter discussion was brought up...)
I did looked and read again, the updates from the NP :
" The observations are made mostly nearby Stavanger and Vikeså and a couple of observations are made in the Bodø area."
Status i savnetsaken - Arjen Kampuis

No mentions of Phone records,but observations..guess that got mixed up ,somehow..
And this seems also valid (imo) :
"During transport, Arjen Kamphuis might have brought the kayak with him in a dark bag. When checking out from the hotel in Bodø on August 20th, he was in posession of two dark bags."
Funn av sammenleggbar kajakk knyttet til savnet person Arjen Kamphuis
If you take this in account:
" The Police has started an investigation to find the latest whereabouts of the missing man and his itinerary, in the search to find him. We are gathering information from hotels, alternative travel routs and wiev data. We interrogate those who might have been in contact with Kamphuis."
Funn av sammenleggbar kajakk knyttet til savnet person Arjen Kamphuis

Last edited:
If we could forget about AK's work and think of him as just an average guy living a regular sort of life, how or would that change what we think happened to Arjen?

Noorwegen beperkt zoekactie naar Arjen Kamphuis
Google Translate
"Arjen was last seen in the north of Norway, on August 20 at Bodø. Some 50 kilometers away, his belongings were found on 12 September. His telephone made contact with a radio tower in the south on 30 August."

"Three scenarios are assumed for the missing of the 46-year-old Kamphuis, none of which are excluded by the police. Account is taken of an accident, a crime and the possibility that he deliberately hides".

For example, it is still unclear how and why his mobile phone made contact with transmitter masts in the south of Norway, near Vikesa, for 30 minutes on 30 August - ten days after his disappearance.

Sim cards removed
After this, the SIM cards were removed and a German SIM card was placed in his device. The police have mainly dealt with this track in recent weeks, but have not yet been able to draw any conclusions.

If we could forget about AK's work and think of him as just an average guy living a regular sort of life, how or would that change what we think happened to Arjen?

Google Translate
"Arjen was last seen in the north of Norway, on August 20 at Bodø. Some 50 kilometers away, his belongings were found on 12 September. His telephone made contact with a radio tower in the south on 30 August."

"Three scenarios are assumed for the missing of the 46-year-old Kamphuis, none of which are excluded by the police. Account is taken of an accident, a crime and the possibility that he deliberately hides".

For example, it is still unclear how and why his mobile phone made contact with transmitter masts in the south of Norway, near Vikesa, for 30 minutes on 30 August - ten days after his disappearance.

Sim cards removed
After this, the SIM cards were removed and a German SIM card was placed in his device. The police have mainly dealt with this track in recent weeks, but have not yet been able to draw any conclusions.
I would think,.. he was robbed or his phones were taken,found (in/from the kayak) if I stripp his knowledge about devices,security etc...

Reliable tweets are for instance those of:
Ancilla (@ncilla) on Twitter
Politiet i Nordland (@politinordland) on Twitter
other ?

For the rest: I consider the WS FamilyofArjen (FoA) to be reliable and according to me no verification would have been needed, but I understand that there are rules.

The news/posts by FoA were often placed *before* that same news was published in media, indicating that FoA was also present at the police meetings that were preannounced by FoA.
(But my opinion doesn't count.)

I hope @Family of Arjen comes back to WS. I hope they are OK, as far as that is possible under the circumstances. It must be tough. Courage!

Verification is also a form of protection. It also protects the real life family of Arjen from impostors who pretend to know it all.
At the same time, verification does not mean that you have to tell everything or answer all questions.

@Family of Arjen, let's find Arjen!

Google Translate

Sim cards removed
This is an interesting question. To think is one thing, to investigate is another.
If he would have been an ordinary person, I would have pushed for the use of cadaver dogs in Nordland, to verify or to exclude his decease in that area. At the same time of course, investigate all available digital data etc., DNA on his belongings that were found, DNA in his hotel room, questioning the room maids, hotel personnel, etc. And also of course, investigate in the Stavanger/Vikesa area.

But since it is Arjen Kamphuis that we are talking about -search on internet and you will find much info on his beliefs (speeches, interviews). Some of his opinions can be quite radical to some parties to say the least. It's not impossible for him to have gone into hiding or perhaps to have been captured by a secret service or whatever.
While capturing him, the secret service agent(s) might have found ONE phone and perhaps disabled it. The other phone remained hidden on Arjen and he let it ping down south as a sign of life. That was discovered too and taken and disabled. This is all speculation and who knows what ever happened to Arjen. Will we ever get to know? He might even be on a secret assignment. In either case, his decease in Nordland has neither been verified nor excluded.

The statement by Ancilla on TV, other media and in Le Monde that Arjen was working "light" lately, doesn't seem to match his idea's. Arjen was still very much involucrated by espionage.
Here is 1 example, a recent one of March 2018:
Arjen mentions all kind of things and at 33:00 he says that he has first hand information from M15. (And we know what his link was to M15.)

Google Translate

Sim cards removed

Treating the disappearance of Arjen as the disappearance of any other so-called normal person is my preferred scenario.
Only if you can exclude that this normal scenario applies, then his alleged desire to disappear, and his work and connections can be taken into consideration.

So, what I think happened to Arjen is that something happened to him. That something may have been as simple as heart failure. He has left his kayak with luggage on a shore, he goes for a walk or a hike and collapses. The water level rises, the kayak floats away.

I would like to know where he went when he left the hotel and before he boarded the train. I would also like to know where he went when he got off the train in Rognan. Since CCTV is no longer available, the search should be done with dogs .... did I mention dogs before?

Forget about the phones, start from the last confirmed sighting of Arjen, and take it from there.

Since CCTV is no longer available, the search should be done with dogs .... did I mention dogs before?

Yes,you did several times,actually!
I would like to point out or refer to other Dutch persons missing,where they brought in Dutch sniffing dogs?
Here is an example..... "Fifteen Dutch rescue dogs go to Panama to help with the search for Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon"
https://www.hartvannederland.nl/top-nieuws/2014/15-speurhonden-naar-panama/
They came back with nothing..locals found some remains..
So maybe...just maybe..it is because,these dogs are trained in another climate,weather or trainers with lack of experience in the middle of nowhere..!

With CCTV...I do think you mean the security camera's that are erased,after 7 days?
Guess that is equivalent to the Dutch privacy law that is effective since 28-5-2018 in the whole EU.

Also,please let's not forget the ping of August 20,the day,Arjen was last seen!
I do believe that has something with what-ever happend to him...and I wonder,what kind of ping that was on his phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879