Norway Norway - Oslo, WhtFem 20-30, Fake Name, shot in hotel room, Jun'95

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About Camilla, apart from the looks that are close, 175 height is quite tall for a woman and 160 is on the short side. I can't understand how such an error could have been made by the coroner. 15 cm are 15 cm, we are not talking about 1 or 2.

The other thing that does not fit for me is the fact that Jennifer was wearing real leather shoes and had a leather attache case. Camilla was an adamant vegan. I don't think that she would be carrying real leather goods.

About Camilla, apart from the looks that are close, 175 height is quite tall for a woman and 160 is on the short side. I can't understand how such an error could have been made by the coroner. 15 cm are 15 cm, we are not talking about 1 or 2.

The other thing that does not fit for me is the fact that Jennifer was wearing real leather shoes and had a leather attache case. Camilla was an adamant vegan. I don't think that she would be carrying real leather goods.

Right, it sounds as though Camilla was not simply following a vegetarian diet, but she had gone really to extremes in being as alternative as possible. I read about her not wanting to cook inside her brother's apartment, and wanting to prepare food in the garden, things like that. Still....a few years, people can change?

And I wonder why Hornbaek and not Christiania?

Again, I'm not convinced they're the same. I would be more likely to believe Jennifer is someone never reported missing. I just find the resemblance a bit weird.

I found this article about her unclaimed inheritance...which has her disappearing at age 20, instead of 25. A simple error, or something else?

Ingen spor: Kvinde forsvundet på 20. år
sbm.

Fyi, the article doesn't mention her age; the "20." in the headline (and article) translates as "20th", as in number of years passed since Camilla vanished* when the article was posted, not her age at the time.

*it'actually number of years the authorities have held on to her inheritance and trying to get a hold of her so that she could claim it.
Juridical stuff.

Last edited:
Camilla also had a tattoo on her ankle, no tattoos where reported on JF. I agree that they look very alike, but age, height, country of origin and the tattoo makes it in my opinion very unlikely that they are the same person.

I've seen some discussions about the door system and when the door had been opened... I have a copy from the logserver of the door system, analyzed and reordered it. Please note that the timestamps obviously do not match with the reported times on www.vg.no I had them to get this checked and they found out that the door system had not been changed to summer time (daylight savings). Therefore you have to add 1 hour!

*** Card ID Date Time Action
03 E18D0 31/05 21:44 Arrived at the hotel and entered the room 1st time, left the room.
02 E18D0 31/05 23:21 Jennifer entered the room again. Unknown at what time she left the room.

01 E1580 01/06 07:34 Jennifer (?) entered the room with secondary(!) keycard.
30 55190 01/06 11:44 Room Service, Jennifer was away.
29 55190 01/06 11:45 Room Service
28 bECE0 01/06 11:50 Room Service
27 08273 02/06 07:50 Room has been entered with different card! Jennifer had been seen at the room door. (verified - she received 2 new cards right before when extended stay)
26 08273 02/06 10:03 Room has been entered.

>>> Food had been delivered to Jennifer at 02/06 20:06. She was in the room and alive <<<

25 E0F60 03/06 19:04 Door has been opened with a different card! - Identified as Head of Security
24 E0F60 03/06 19:55 Head of Security/Police
23 E0F60 03/06 20:35 Head of Security/Police
22 E0F60 03/06 20:57 Head of Security/Police
21 E1580 03/06 21:48 Door has been opened with Jennifers new primary card!
OK... This is good info, but I was having trouble visualizing things... So I made my own version 3.0 with color to bring out the patterns of usage. Also used a "6" instead of a "b" for the first character of one of the card IDs.

**NOTE**
Card ID #s and "User Types" are grouped by color. The more "off" an entry seems to me MOO - The darker the shade of that color.

ETA:
Not sure why the uploaded version won't go full-size. Ima try to post it inline.

I just noticed I messed up the date on the Saturday entries. It should read 06-03-95 on all the ones that say 06-06-95. SMH bc I flattened the image and saved it as a .jpg... so there's no quick n' easy way to edit that ATM.
0fHZbUh.jpg

Attachments

• OsloMysteryTable.jpg
    OsloMysteryTable.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The multiple Housekeeping entries may be different members of staff entering. There is usually a supervisor entering last to inspect the rooms.

What I find strange is that no one entered the room for Housekeeping for two consecutive days (Friday-Saturday) in a 5 star hotel. I understand that the Do not disturb notice was outside the door, but still... Unless Jennifer let them in while being in the room at some point and we have no log on that because no card was used. I guess Housekeeping would have kept a log with which rooms were cleaned on those dates.

The other thing that we have no real proof on is which times Jennifer exited the room and if at all as the log only kept entries to the room, not exits. For all we know, there could have been 2 occupants of that room as was originally requested and we could not have such a specific idea of the comings and goings as the occupants may have used either card.

I read it as STEHOU, like Rue de la STEHOU.
We must assume the adress is fake regardless. I’m thinking she just used the ‘rue de la’ as street/boulevard and added a proper noun. May be random or it might not be.
Like ‘something’ strasse (german) or ‘something’ vegen (norwegian) and so on...
Actually there is a Stehou some 100 km from Verlaine, a little south of Brussel.

OK... This is good info, but I was having trouble visualizing things... So I made my own version 3.0 with color to bring out the patterns of usage. Also used a "6" instead of a "b" for the first character of one of the card IDs.

**NOTE**
Card ID #s and "User Types" are grouped by color. The more "off" an entry seems to me MOO - The darker the shade of that color.

ETA:
Not sure why the uploaded version won't go full-size. Ima try to post it inline.

I just noticed I messed up the date on the Saturday entries. It should read 06-03-95 on all the ones that say 06-06-95. SMH bc I flattened the image and saved it as a .jpg... so there's no quick n' easy way to edit that ATM.
0fHZbUh.jpg
Good research. Only one thing catches my eye: room service usually knocks on doors, do not just enter the room (they may even leave food outside if no answer). Not sure was was customary in Normay in the mid 90’s.

Not sure what the rules are like in this hotel, but I worked in housekeeping for a 5 star in the US in the 90's and we were not allowed to even knock on a guests door if they had the Do Not Disturb sign out. We were instructed to just note it on our room list.

What if the word she wrote is actually "Statiae"?

I say this because, to me, it seems that the letter everyone is taking for an "h" or an "n" may actually be a "ti". I say this because above the loop that we think is the 'h' or the 'n', there is a dot as if she were dotting an 'i'. The second mark is a comma that is following her "148" in the address just as a comma follows this word in question.

Perhaps what were are seeing as the loop of the 'n' or 'h' is actually her quickly crossing the 't' and continuing into a downstroke to form the bottom of an 'i'. That would explain the otherwise random "dot" above the letter.

If the following two letters are indeed and "ae", there indeed exists a hit for a place on Wikipedia when searching "Statiae".

Statiae - Vicipaedia

Italy; weren't her shoes from Italy? Could this be a hint as to her origin?

1420UFNOR

This is a more basic question but something I've been wondering for awhile. I know that Jennifer was a super popular name for girls born in the US during the early-mid seventies. Are/were there as many Jennifers in Germany, Norway, or other nations with which this woman might have been associated? Or was the name more of an outlier during that time? I could look it up but am more interested in hearing about the "feel" of the name from those not in the US.

Another thing I noticed: The name Belgium is spelled in Englisch instead of Dutch (belgië) or France (Belgique) or Norwegian (Belgia).

The numbers' formations are certainly a flowing and natural European though.

"Jennifer Fairgate" ... North American sounding. Many, many US military and other Allied service members serving in Germany and in SHAPE, Belgium in those days. Perhaps a name lifted from there? "Fergate" is more European though. Perhaps the clerk who typed the card actually spelled it wrong due to her accent and her signature is the more practiced "Fergate".

The spying didn't stop with the cease of the Cold War, so I lean in that direction. It's about an hour drive from Verlaine to S.H.A.P.E - a prime spying target.

Last edited:
This is a more basic question but something I've been wondering for awhile. I know that Jennifer was a super popular name for girls born in the US during the early-mid seventies. Are/were there as many Jennifers in Germany, Norway, or other nations with which this woman might have been associated? Or was the name more of an outlier during that time? I could look it up but am more interested in hearing about the "feel" of the name from those not in the US.

I'm American, but have a European parent. Jennifer is not a common name for people born in the early 1970s in Europe. I'm 50. I have more American friends named Jennifer than I can count, and no European friends with the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow