Not sure where to post this/long

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

daga

Reaction score
Mods...if this is in the wrong place, please move it to the appropriate forum.
I was discussing this site with my daughter, and she made a suggestion to me that I'd like to share.
Here is a little background. Back in 1981, I had a neighbor who was an older woman, near fifty, who had two grown adult daughters and two young children. If I remember correctly, the kids were about 5 & 7 years old, give or take a year with either child. The woman was a single mother, and worked nights as a waitress. I remember her name and the name of both of the younger children, but I don't remember the older daughter's names. They did not live with their mother.
Anyway, the mother would leave the two young children alone to fend for themselves. The younger child was a girl, and the older one was a boy. The girl was incredibly smart and able. She cooked, cleaned (and the house was immaculate at all times). The older child had behavior problems, a seizure disorder, and was a handful. His little sister took very good care of him, but the mother was all but out of the picture...just lived in the house, bought groceries, and paid the bills. It was really a sad situation, like the mother couldn't be bothered with actually dealing with the children.
Anyway, one day, the mother, who didn't know me beyond the fact that I lived next door and our kids played together sometimes, asked me if I'd keep the kids overnight while she went on a run with a truck driver friend of hers. I didn't have a problem with it, so I said yes. I had no way to contact this woman, and I had no idea who she took off with. Several days went by and I didn't hear from the mother, so I contacted child protective services. They were very familiar with the woman because they'd had complaints about her before. The arranged it where my husband and I would have temporary emergency custody, and when the woman came back into town and called me, I was to call the social worker who would arrange to come to my home when the mother showed up to pick up the kids, and we did that. She didn't lose the kids at that point, but was sternly warned that one more incident, and the kids would be taken away from her. Shortly afterward the woman moved a couple of miles away, and a week or so later the little girl ran away from home. She showed up on my doorstep while we were eating dinner, and she had her pillow and a blanket with her. She walked all the way to our house, crossing a couple of busy streets, asking if she could live with us. I called the social worker, and she suggested I call the mother and see what the mother says, and then I was to call the social worker right back. The mother told me to send her (walking) back home. I told her that we'd get her home, and I called the social worker, who then advised me to call the mother back and tell her that we would indeed send her (walking) back home, and to keep an eye out for her. At this point it was already getting dark, and the idea of the social worker was NOT to send this child home...to keep her for the time being in my home, and see how long it'd take the mother to notice the little girl wasn't home. I didn't hear back from the mother. Child protective services allowed us to keep the girl overnight (didn't hear from the mother until the next day by the way), and the next day the social worker came over and told us the children were going to be removed from the mother's home. They discussed with us adopting the children. We really were wringing our hands over this whole thing, but I knew that with two children in the same age range that belonged to us, and the boy having so many issues, we just couldn't do it. We found out that they both were adopted and went to seperate families. I felt so bad for both of these kids.
What I'd like to know is if any of you know if there is anyway to find these kids, especially the little girl. I'd love to hear how she is doing and if she turned out ok. Even if she doesn't remember us, that's ok. I'd just like to know that they were taken care of and are happy. They'd be in their early 30s now.
I can prove this only through my own kids (their father died several years ago) and an adult cousin who lived with us at the time), so as weird as the story is, if anyone wants confirmation, I can provide contact info for others who were there when it all happened.

I'd suggest posting all this information over on a forum located at http://www.adoption.org/

It looks like a massive site, and I think I saw something on TV, that lots of adoptees have found their biological parents by registering there, and vice versa.

Have you gone to http://www.google.com and done a search on her name?

Thanks! I'll check out the site.
Yes, I did google search her name, along with her brother's name and her bio mother's name, but nothing came up. Part of the problem is that the names are fairly common ones.

daga said:
Yes, I did google search her name, along with her brother's name and her bio mother's name, but nothing came up. Part of the problem is that the names are fairly common ones.
daga, good luck to you and I hope you are able to get some answers. There are many posters at this forum who I think can help you.
I bet the little girl/young lady will remember you. :blowkiss:

daga said:

If you haven't done so, some day when you have a spare hour, I'd try going to google search and then you really play around with the ADVANCED SEARCH.

Instead of putting her full name in the "Must Contain This Phrase," just put it in the top box, "Contains the following words."

In that phrase field, there are innumerable possibilities, like, "then I was adopted," OR "find my mother" OR "find my bio mom" OR "when I was little" OR "I once lived in _____"

Granted, most of the searches will come up null & void, but there MIGHT be some info in the oddest of places, one never knows.

Good luck.

That post brought me to complete rolling down the cheeks tears.

One of my associates daughters was molested, her mother walked in on her boyfriend as he was attempting to molest her. From the looks of things it wasn't the first time. Shortly after she left without knowledge and left her children with family. She abandoned her daughter when she needed her most. She actually seemed to hold a bit of a grudge towards her in a sense that she talked about. Luckily for the kids her aunt has taken custody of the girl, and the boy's father took him. I cannot begin to comprehend how a parent can act so carelessly about a child they brought into this world.

If you need ANY help on this let me know. They call me the Google Queen. I was able to find a few blogs and messenger Id's for Tony Luzio and handed them over to Delaware.

I would need names of children, mother, birthdates (if known or ages and est. month) and city/state they lived in and any other pertinent information that might help in locating them. I don't want to promise anything, but trust me, I have the passion and patience and can Google til my fingers bleed. :D

I spend alot of my time looking into cold cases, missing persons, and could easily put them on the back burner to see if I can come up with anything. I doubt she remembers, and may have not posted anything anywhere if she doesn't know she was adopted out, but you could cross reference the ages and possible locations from the mother. Sounds like she wouldn't be hard to find some kind of criminal anything on to find an address, unless she's in jail. From my experience people like this always run to the closest family. I graduate next week (yay!! crime scene technician) so my school + free time goes to FREE TIME.

If so let me know Dex@columbus.rr.com I tend to forget to check my threads on here for responses. So email would be the best way to contact me.

Well I went to the adoption site and didn't find anything. I'm hesitant to post information about the people involved in a public forum because I don't have their permission, so I didn't post there.
I have no idea how to link to the geneology forum, but I'm going to give it a shot in just a little while. It can't hurt to try.
I googled every which way and using every sort of angle I could, and came up with nothing, but I'll go ahead and email Dex, but this is obviously not as important as the criminal cases he/she investigates, and I'd hate to have him/her put anything on the back burner...but like I said, I'll give it a shot.
I don't know if this child will remember me and my family. It'd be cool, but it's not what's motivating me really. I'd just like to tell her that she was loved, and maybe help to fill in some information that she may be curious about and may not know.
Plus, in case she does remember, I'd like to explain to her why we didn't let her stay with us (after all these years I'm still kicking myself in the rear for not taking her permanently).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky
Back