NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like people are desperately hoping it IS connected to ISIS because then it's easier to distance ourselves from the mild manner white older gentleman who committed this act.

Why do people seem want Isis to be involved? There are clearly evil Americans. Look at the mass shootings like Sandy Hook. Every mass shooting at a school that I can remember, was done by a middle class American. It happens, and it's despicable.

I'm heartbroken for the many thousands of people who will hear of lost and injured loved ones today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

"Injustice Collector" for the win.

I'm not quite there yet with the Injustice Collector label. It's still early, though.

I think there is going to be something else about his motive - though it will, of course, be cruel and inhumane whatever it is. It will be irrational, whatever it is.

I'm just not seeing the "injustice collector" in him just yet, but perhaps people will start coming forward with some examples of him holding grudges and over-reacting because he felt slighted.

jmo

Being a little snarky here, but is the same FBI that has taken months and still hasn't determined that there's a Trump/Russia collusion but in 12 hours they can conclude that ISIS is not connected? I think it's a little early for them to make that statement. There's no way to know who is involved at this stage of the game. They just started going through his computer a few hours before that FBI statement.

Just sharing the news topics as they are reported ... feel free to discuss, disagree, digest.

"Injustice Collector" for the win.

Just another thought- I wonder if he was a heavy drinker or perhaps a drug user and is there a possiblity that his brain
at 64, was showing the effects of long term degeneration from this or even early dementia. ??? It's also a common age when serious health problems start to show up.
He obviously had some simmering anger over something.

I think this was the real motivation for this horrendous crime. Long simmering anger and hatred over the treatment of his father. JMO

Not too difficult to understand how one might have been ashamed and embarrassed to grow up with this hanging over your head, damaging your reputation even though you're not responsible for your parent's behavior. Perhaps there was a recent reminder of his father's predicament that drove the shooter to this end.

Vegas Shooter’s Father Was Armed Robber on FBI’s Most Wanted List

After expressing shock that his brother, “just a guy” who liked to go to Vegas and gamble and see some shows and “eat burritos,” had gone on a murder spree from the window of his room at Mandalay Bay hotel, Eric Paddock disclosed something else about Stephen Paddock’s background. It is disturbing...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/10/vegas-shooters-father-was-on-fbi-most-wanted-list.html

A strain of something nasty. Must feel horriblefor his innocent brother. Like, "is there something inside me too?" Poor guy.

OKay, thank you. That was what I had originally read. That it was affiliated with that Christian event that takes place in Riverside area. That article was incorrect.

Simple mistake, sorry.

Honest mistake to make. No problem.

Why is it so difficult to believe he did this? What's suspicious?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think some people just expect mass murderers like this to look a certain way.

Or even simply conflicted connection to his father....might not have a simple explanation - just a life-time of a troubling connection to a father from the most-wanted list. It might not be anger directed to LE or anger directed at his father - just childhood confusion that never matured to acceptance.

Back in my armchair, ready to analyze....I charge nothing and perhaps my opinion is worth the same.

jmo

I'm almost sort of relieved in a way that it's coming out about his father. At least it starts to form some sort of reason for all of this madness. it just seems worse when you can't assign a particular catalyst for it even.

I'm going to guess he probably inherited certain things from his father combined with mental illness that probably got worse with age.. as the body and brain naturally degenerate. Maybe some odd combination of dementia coupled with mental illness and traumatic childhood ?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/2-canadians-killed-2-wounded-in-las-vegas-mass-shooting-1.3615220
CTV News has learned that two Canadians have been killed in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Jordan McIldoon of Maple Ridge, B.C. died in Las Vegas, CTV Vancouver reported. He was 23.
A 28-year-old Alberta woman was also killed in Sunday’s attack, CTV News has learned.

Two Manitoba women were also wounded. Jan Lambourne’s family told CTV News that she had surgery and her procedure “seemed to go okay,” but could not confirm the extent of her injuries. The condition of the second woman, who has yet to be identified, is unknown.

Being a little snarky here, but is the same FBI that has taken months and still hasn't determined that there's a Trump/Russia collusion but in 12 hours they can conclude that ISIS is not connected? I think it's a little early for them to make that statement. There's no way to know who is involved at this stage of the game. They just started going through his computer a few hours before that FBI statement.

Quotes I've heard from FBI on CNN have said they're continuing to investigate. They say there are no connections to ISIS, etc., but they're not going to stop investigating, just to be sure.

JMO, it's highly unlikely he's associated with foreign terrorists, but I trust FBI will follow due diligence.

Actually the FBI didn't say that. People just believe the slop fed to them by the MSM propagandists without doing any digging.

I agree. People can live in the same house and hot have a hot clue that there is something off. I work in LE and it still surprises me that people will deny that their family member has any mental health concerns. It's not that they are in denial per se but that they have lived with people all their lives and just don't notice stuff right in front of their face.

I've noticed how often substance abuse (alcohol or drugs or both) can play into this denial also. remove the substance abuse and these perps might seem quite normal.

Quotes I've heard from FBI on CNN have said they're continuing to investigate. They say there are no connections to ISIS, etc., but they're not going to stop investigating, just to be sure.

JMO, it's highly unlikely he's associated with foreign terrorists, but I trust FBI will follow due diligence.

Candidly, I hope there is no ISIS connection. I'm just sorry that this has happened because it's going to give other crackpots ideas.

or long simmering anger that he had to grow up without a father. again Injustice Collector might fit. Wonder what the other 3 siblings grew up to become? Also wonder what his mother or ex-wife might say?

great description "injustice collector"

Well his father was listed as armed and dangerous. Maybe a combo of early childhood trauma, covering up secrets, and approval seeking hero worship? Whatever it is, this person no doubt had complex issues from an early age. He would have been under ten years old when father was robbing banks.

What caused the kettle to blow?

His brother sounds enormously defensive of protecting some kind of normalcy.

This is all, so so, tragic.

I feel like people are desperately hoping it IS connected to ISIS because then it's easier to distance ourselves from the mild manner white older gentleman who committed this act.

Yup. The jihadi jihadists are out in full force. Can't just be an angry old white guy. JMO

Urgent need for blood. If you are in Vegas and healthy, please try to donate.

(Paraphrased from live plea on MSM)

Yup. The jihadi jihadists are out in full force. Can't just be an angry old white guy. JMO

ISIS claiming responsibility is why it's being discussed. I don't think questioning their involvement makes anyone a "jihadi jihadists". All my opinion.

Just another thought- I wonder if he was a heavy drinker or perhaps a drug user and is there a possiblity that his brain
at 64, was showing the effects of long term degeneration from this or even early dementia. ??? It's also a common age when serious health problems start to show up.
He obviously had some simmering anger over something.

Did anyone see his tattoo on his neck?? # 13?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41472462

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member