NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WaPo article at link above also has more information about Paddock's life growing up as a child

Relatives say the roots of Paddock’s loner lifestyle may have been planted July 28, 1960. On that day, when Paddock was 7, a neighbor from across the street took him swimming. The neighbor at the time told a local newspaper that she knew authorities were coming for his father, a bank robber, and she wanted to spare the boy the trauma of seeing his father hauled away by authorities.

His brother Eric was a partner in his real estate business

Even with Eric, he never talked much. They created a lucrative real estate investment business together, but Stephen would only text Eric now and then.

“We didn’t talk much. We talked when there was something to talk about,” said Eric Paddock. “Steve had no help. Steve did not take help. He was a stand-alone guy.”

Apparently, Paddock wasn't close to his two other brothers.

BBM I think because it was the quickest way to get her thru the airport. I am guessing she couldn't walk/keep up at the pace they were moving thru there and they wanted to avoid any media, delays or attention. jmo

That makes sense, thanks!

Can anyone please explain the FOX bumper on the bottom here at the beginning??

WTH??

TIA

[video=youtube;yhIT348Sy4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhIT348Sy4A[/video]

Have no clue. But it is so insensitive and awful. Classy? Nah.

ETA: I see that it was lines from the Lt. Governor's speech. But, the statements are out of context. So, it is still insensitive and awful and lacks class.

I also wonder if the brother inflated things a bit. Maybe to try to give the killer some dignity or praise, idk. But something is still off to me about how this family apparently has so much money.

Agree, Bears, plus this brother Eric talks too much. Way too much and too animated. Usually if someone is not telling
the whole truth, they offer way too much information- motor mouth.

Wonder what Eric does for a living??

I happen to watch one of his interviews and with no audio and this guy's eye contortions and quick change bug eye
twitching make me wonder about him. He seems a little strange to me also. Anyone else see this?

If our country banned semi-automatic or the attachments to make a gun automatic I would be fine with that. Why does anyone other than the military need a machine gun ? And to top this off I just see the stocks for gun companies are going up so I guess even more freaks are buying these type weapons, God Help Us!

Most people buying guns aren't freaks for the record. Name calling and stereotyping really don't help this thread in anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people buying guns aren't freaks for the record. Name calling and stereotyping really don't help this thread in anyway.

well for the record for whatever reason the stocks of gun companies that sell these devices is soaring up over 5% today so whatever that means, it is what it is

well for the record for whatever reason the stocks of gun companies that sell these devices is soaring up over 5% today so whatever that means, it is what it is

Probably not the place to discuss this but it's typical after events like this because people start buying them due to fear of the government taking them/banning them.

I am so anxious to hear what the gf has to say, I honestly hate how they are posting her picture everywhere without knowing if she is involved or clueless to it all. I know I certainly wouldn't want my face/name associated with this if I didn't have an idea about what was going to happen.

Nothing of me either --I cant remember when the last time I took a pic

most are boring posed a good pic is capturing a moment imo without the person knowing its being taken!!

a laugh a glance upwards etc
Yeah, my parents are about 10 years older than this and you would not find any photos of my dad online with his name linked to the photo. Only if you could see my private profile pictures could you find one, but even then they would only be labeled "dad" and not with his name. He doesn't do social media.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wonder if hIS DNA has been run through CODIS yet. No way he hasn't committed any crimes before. IMO
He has lived in hotels and stayed off the grid for a reason.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Within minutes of the attack ending they ran it... only minor incidents traffic tickets and such

I found it odd, too, but he doesn't have children - who might post pictures of family on SM - and he doesn't have SM himself. So who would take photos of him that we could access?

That picture of him with his eyes closed is odd, though. Why not take another photo when you snap one that didn't turn out?

I'm thinking we'll be seeing security video/photos of him soon.

jmopinion
He probably wasn't the subject of the photo. Whoever took that photo was concentrating on the woman he was with and it was a good photo of her. My husband ends up blinking in just about every photo taken. If we deleted all the photos that this screwed up because it was a bad photo we would have very few decent photos of me as well.

Agree, Bears, plus this brother Eric talks too much. Way too much and too animated. Usually if someone is not telling
the whole truth, they offer way too much information- motor mouth.

Wonder what Eric does for a living??

I happen to watch one of his interviews and with no audio and this guy's eye contortions and quick change bug eye
twitching make me wonder about him. He seems a little strange to me also. Anyone else see this?

He said he is retired, thanks to his brother. He said he had a job he hated and then his brother gave him the opportunity to make enough money to retire. I’m paraphrasing but it was along those lines. They were in real estate together.

His mannerisms did seem off to me as well in the video I watched. He was all over the place verbally too. Not sure if it’s because he is in shock and processing everything in his own way, or if there is a different reason. JMO

He probably wasn't the subject of the photo. Whoever took that photo was concentrating on the woman he was with and it was a good photo of her. My husband ends up blinking in just about every photo taken. If we deleted all the photos that this screwed up because it was a bad photo we would have very few decent photos of me as well.

I wonder if he was watching the local TV station to find out the coverage, what the cops knew, etc. Maybe he stopped shooting to watch TV.
I also wonder about the security guard who was shot in the hallway. What time was he shot, did he get medical attention right away, was he instrumental in telling the LE what room the shooter was in?

Yes, and I agree. I saw, in the photos that he had gloves. Ya'll are hung up on the gloves, maybe it was one of the other things, I mentioned, or maybe he tried to grow a conscientious all of a sudden, or, maybe we'll never know. Why do you think he stopped?

Yea, he grew a consistence all of the sudden, that's the ticket- I don't think so.
As far as I can tell,security was outside his door, I presume he thought they were going to burst in any second. He didn't know police was going to stay outside waiting for SWAT. So he killed himself.

Metro Detroiter: Brother slain in Las Vegas a ‘hero’

For months, Terone Hartfield eagerly awaited the day he and his five siblings would meet for the first time.

The Pontiac man only learned about his brothers and sisters, who share the same father, in the last few years, but the entire group had never been together all at once. So after many calls and conferences on Skype, they finally had synchronized their schedules enough to meet up next month in Las Vegas, where the youngest of the clan, Charleston Hartfield, lived.

“That was our goal,” Terone Hartfield, 53, said. “We were so close to making that happen.”

In an instant this week, those dreams, and all of their newly reconnected lives, were upended...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...hero-brother-metro-detroit-officer/106289470/

Probably not the place to discuss this but it's typical after events like this because people start buying them due to fear of the government taking them/banning them.

that's what I was wondering

Stock prices going up doesn't automatically mean sales are up. Sales data probably won't be compiled and available for months. Yes, some people are probably buying guns/accessories now in fear that the government will ban certain types of guns or accessories but for the majority of people, buying a gun right now is probably the *last* thing on their minds.

Stock prices going up doesn't automatically mean sales are up. Sales data probably won't be compiled and available for months. Yes, some people are probably buying guns/accessories now in fear that the government will ban certain types of guns or accessories but for the majority of people, buying a gun right now is probably the *last* thing on their minds.

The ones that ran to the gun store to buy bump fire stocks and drum magazines are exactly the people we should be worried about.

How do you know no one is asking?

You do know that this was a HUGE incident, with massive problems stemming from the tragedy. There are many issues that need to be dealt with.

There are still 150+ cars left in the lot that have to be towed to police impound, and picked up by registered owners. That in itself takes a lot of manpower. Wouldn't it be best to relieve the local officers from that job and let fresh officers, from out of town, handle that time consuming job?

The local officers are exhausted, shocked, and in full grief. Why wouldn't they want their brethren to come and help shoulder their burden.

It is insulting to accuse the officers of offering help just so they get a 'paid vacation.' Do you really believe it would feel like a fun time to go help other officers with tasks involving the deaths of 59 innocents?

How would you know if the local authorities wanted any help or not?

I know personally that the Bakersfield PD did ask for help when they had a similar tragedy at the Health Department Christmas party. LAPD sent several officers to help with the paperwork nightmare and help guard crime scenes around town. I don't think any of the officers felt it was a 'holiday.'

I am sure they need all the help they can get. Some mostly likely havent slept in days.

Plus the Sheriff said they also have to answer other calls not pertaining to this case. He said they answer over 3.5 million calls every year. That is mind numbing to me that they have that many calls for one county.

Do you know the total amount of Deputies in the county of Las Vegas? It has to be a workforce in the thousands to be able to assist and investigate 3.5 million calls a year.

An aside:
I see that MDs family said she was very much in love with SP so I dont think they broke up but he was getting her out of the country so she wouldn't be here when he committed his massacre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably