NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Also, when you call in room service they ask you how many guests. He could have said two but it was only him. Or there could have been someone else. I wouldn’t give much weight to the number of guests on the receipt JMO
Less interested in the number of guests, just wondered if by ordering food for 2, it would ensure he got a service cart.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/161114-le...ly-rifles-ammo-cameras-in-vegas-shooters-room
attachment.php

To the right of the doors was a room service cart, covered with empty plates. Paddock set up another camera on the cart to watch the hall. A third camera in the room filmed the shooter. All footage is being examined by the FBI. Photo: Bild/Polaris

Attachments

• 161114_3889912_updates.jpg
    161114_3889912_updates.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 263
Yes.

Also, when you call in room service they ask you how many guests. He could have said two but it was only him. Or there could have been someone else. I wouldn’t give much weight to the number of guests on the receipt JMO

-My error. I only saw the $6 figure, not the $10-which was the tax not the gratuity. My apologies for the confusion.
-Do we know if the server entered the room with the cart? Or did SP make a request to leave it outside after knocking? Ive done that many times.

What does breach mean I thought it meant blow up the door looks fine??

Oh CARIS...You are making giggle....THAT DOOR DOES NOT LOOK FINE....it has 20 bullet holes in it! There are many ways to "breach" (ie get through a door) : there are several other methods of door breaching. These methods may be divided up into mechanical breaching, ballistic breaching, explosive breaching, and thermal breaching. and of course MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITES...
[video=youtube;p-iR2qXq9Rw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-iR2qXq9Rw[/video]

-The two bottles of $3 wine MD purchased at the gas station with SP, I can’t recall if that was daily or frequently, but again if I had that much cash I would not be moved to buy $3 wine from the gas station at all. I don’t have anything close to a million and I still wouldnt. College comes to mine.

Yes. Going to a gas station every morning for donuts and 2 bottles of $3 wine? What the heck?

If I was independently wealthy and had nothing but time on my hands, I'd have a nice brunch every morning, and buy nice wine and enjoy the taste. Three dollar wine has got to be kind of harsh tasting.

Haven't researched whether Nevada considers autopsies public record but while the investigation is still in the early stages I'm sure the coroner will hold them back even if the media tries to sue for them, which happens.

Nevada autopsies ARE public record, a ruling by a judge on 9/28/17 where a L.V. newspaper had to sue to get records from July 2017. The county may still appeal that ruling and hold up release of records.

But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this one as the coroner's office will have all kinds of reason to not release.

Yes. Going to a gas station every morning for donuts and 2 bottles of $3 wine? What the heck?

If I was independently wealthy and had nothing but time on my hands, I'd have a nice brunch every morning, and buy nice wine and enjoy the taste. Three dollar wine has got to be kind of harsh tasting.

But he was quite thrifty in his spending. Tonight's TV news showed the $14,0000 check to the car dealer for her
Suburu. The salesman said she wanted a Lexus which was $10,000 more and SP nixed it.

It would be interesting to know if the hotel rooms in the other cities that he previously booked, showed damage of any kind to the windows.
Maybe they could not be smashed out the same way as they were broken at the Mandalay, or they made too much noise, or fell in a place that would attract attention?
speculation.

Good thought. I hope LE does check his previous rooms for damage like you mention.

The thing about the windows that I have always wondered about is couldnt he just shoot them out no matter where he was planning this?

And even at MB why didnt he just shoot them out?

Much discussion from LE about using some kind of hammer or tool to knock them out and I have wondered why it was such a big deal since I keep thinking a few good rounds from his gun and then he could likely just kick out the rest of the glass after bullet penetration.

Hairdresser who cut his hair three times in the past year interviewed on CNN just now. Others who worked in the salon confirmed that he was there and she cut his hair.

Notes:

1. He came in three times in past year and a half

2. Most recent visit two months ago

3. He came in for cuts between 8am and 9am in the morning

4. He smelled like alcohol at each visit

5. At most recent visit, two months ago, he said he had been up all night gambling. He said his girlfriend was going to the Philippines at some undetermined time in future and he would be home alone by himself. This did not sound strange to hairdresser in terms of how he said it.

6. Girlfriend accompanied him to appointments but hairdresser said they did not seem close like you would expect a couple to be.

Speculation alert!

I am having more problems with the amount of arms in the hotel room

He knew the capacity of the ones he turned into machine guns.

Just in terms of time and noise there would have to be an awareness he was on a time limit before there was someone at his door.

Lets go depression

Financial problems escalating

Arms sale - gonna get him out of his hole for a bit

something went wrong with sale

now he is back to financial ruin depressed , ready to die , and decides he willl impact the city that (from his worldview) destroyed how he defined himself most (possibly)

At some level Los Vegas will be scarred by this forever .

moo

Its ok to take note that officials did what they train and are paid for -- while at the same time imo we cant really lose sight of the reality that close to 600 people were shot in peacetime on our land.

He stopped shooting and killed himself - so in truth there is no real proof that intervention (breaching the room) reduced carnage - it had ended already.

In terms of folks hit -- first responders might have actually had more impact in reducing fatalities as a result of transport -- but the sad truth is 600 people shot is not a success really moo

-Thanks Katy! I was hesitant on my memory for mentioning the Krispy-Dream donuts purchased daily along with. WTHeck?! That just turns my stomach thinking about it for breakfast or at any time. It makes no sense but in this case, it could be a ‘normal’ peculiarity for an antisocial profile.

Woman whose daughter was killed in Aurora shooting was on talking about their charity which gives 100% of donation to victims of mass shootings. (apparently only charity that can claim this). She was talking about the long term effects this shooting will have on victims and their families.

"The National Compassion Fund collects money for victims of mass casualty crimes and distributes that money directly to the victims and their families. We have no other agenda or purpose.

The Fund does not build memorials, set up scholarships, or fund community projects – however worthy these aims are. Established charities and other community groups can, and do, fund those things."

I don't think I am allowed to post a link- you can google them.

Hairdresser who cut his hair three times in the past year interviewed on CNN just now. Others who worked in the salon confirmed that he was there and she cut his hair.

Notes:

1. He came in three times in past year and a half

2. Most recent visit two months ago

3. He came in for cuts between 8am and 9am in the morning

4. He smelled like alcohol at each visit

5. At most recent visit, two months ago, he said he had been up all night gambling. He said his girlfriend was going to the Philippines at some undetermined time in future and he would be home alone by himself. This did not sound strange to hairdresser in terms of how he said it.

6. Girlfriend accompanied him to appointments but hairdresser said they did not seem close like you would expect a couple to be.

How does one expect a couple to be? Especially a couple over 60.

Maybe he just got the taste for a certain cheap brand and stuck with it.

Kind of like you still see many people having a $2.00 domestic Budweiser or Bud Long Neck at the bar even though a good German Import draw beer would be better tasting in my opinion and a little more costly of course.

RSBM

Good question !

Some food for thought : Wouldn't they have established how many people were in that room through sec. cams, by now ?
They should know exactly who went in/out of that room.
And wouldn't the MB hotel have to give up their footage ?

All kinds of rumors floating around... which is why I come HERE to read a more accurate description. :tongue:
I think they do know by now, who was in and out of the room.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes.

If he wasn't sure he would be alive much longer, I can certainly see why he'd order more than one meal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;916046939350806528]https://twitter.com/AP/status/916046939350806528[/video]

[video=twitter;916053953376264192]https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/916053953376264192[/video]

[video=twitter;916053593337106432]https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/916053593337106432[/video]

If there is any truth to lifestyle it could just be his reported love and attendance at concerts

moo

If there is any truth to lifestyle it could just be his reported love and attendance at concerts

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member