NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gun owners I know have continued to buy. I know several who own more than this guy. He can only shoot one gun at a time. Its not the quantity that's an indicator. Its something else that is missing from our knowledge of the events....and probably the same missing piece that LE continues to search for.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
I'm not a big fan of guns, but you make a great point!

I'm very interested in what caused him to start buying so many last October, though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm not a big fan of guns, but you make a great point!

I'm very interested in what caused him to start buying so many last October, though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What would be most telling is a timeline of when the guns were actually bought. A bunch bought in October would point to one thing. A bunch bought after November would point to another...

During there was some misleading info by sheriff - could just be confusion at the time

but he eagerly announced to the world that his folks "engaged" the subject

how do you engage a dead subject.

It would stand to reason based on his behavior with the security guard that he had been dead for some time in that there was no response when a bunch of cops approached

There’s a difference between buying to expand a collection, and panic buying because you think guns will be banned under a certain president. The latter does not seem to be the case, especially given he would have bought the vast majority after the election.
Not really....at least from the people I know who own a lot of guns. Once you convince yourself that you are going to lose the privilege of buying guns, you buy as many as you want. Speaking from personal experience. IMO. And I don't really like guns, but I bought them.

Ahh Cnn clip I just saw a drunk dude standing up beer in hand shooting the killer a bird !!

oh my

During there was some misleading info by sheriff - could just be confusion at the time

but he eagerly announced to the world that his folks "engaged" the subject

how do you engage a dead subject.

It would stand to reason based on his behavior with the security guard that he had been dead for some time in that there was no response when a bunch of cops approached

Not to be too candid, but it’s not out of reason that they did shoot him, already dead or not. It’s not an uncommon tactic, just to be sure there are no surprises...

This reporter covers ISIS for the NYT. Tweet one of 20 is the latest newsletter from ISIS which pictures the Mandalay Bay Hotel covered in blood. Just going to post one tweet--if interested, click over to her twitter feed

Rukmini Callimachi‏Verified account @rcallimachi 9h9 hours ago
More
1. After ISIS claimed Vegas, I was waiting for them to release Naba, their weekly newsletter, to see if anything new emerged. Naba is out:

[video=twitter;915998590153129984]https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/915998590153129984[/video]

A couple quotes from the link I posted before

Employees at the car dealership tell CBS News Mary Lou was "extremely complimentary" of her boyfriend, adding that he "saved her" from an abusive relationship with her former husband. One employee at the car dealership called Danley kind and caring, an "extremely nice customer."

The car was undoubtedly for Mary Lou, the employee confirms.

http://www.ktvn.com/story/36533966/stephen-paddock-bought-hyundai-from-dealership-near-atlantis

If true, that’s a very awkward convo to have with your car salesman

This reporter covers ISIS for the NYT. Tweet one of 20. Just going to post one--if interested, click over to her twitter feed

Rukmini Callimachi‏Verified account @rcallimachi 9h9 hours ago
More
1. After ISIS claimed Vegas, I was waiting for them to release Naba, their weekly newsletter, to see if anything new emerged. Naba is out:

[video=twitter;915998590153129984]https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/915998590153129984[/video]

Very interesting read; thanks!

-Yes, I get it. Like anything above the basics just seems more narcissistic for some reason. And he chose not to drink an alcoholic beverage as far as the receipt shows. I believe that was a calculated decision for being sharp and on his toes.

"...chose not to drink..."

^ Maybe so.^ Or maybe he was a BYO kinda guy, who planned to drink his usual $3/bottle of wine???

Hi Hurricane Henry!!

I dont know when the 4 states he was in changed there gun laws it would be interesting to see if any of his moves were related to gun law changes!!

Kinda like weed addicts relocating ! HA!
Hey Cariis---we are starting up again reporting on the tropical storm Nate thread. Join us when you can.

I found this info:

Some of Paddock’s gun purchases date back more than 20 years, but authorities have determined that more than 30 of the firearms were acquired in the past 12 months, the official said.*

The official who is not authorized to comment publicly said that most of the recent purchases were rifles.

Records of Paddock's*weapons purchases have been drawn from Nevada, Utah, California and Texas,*

Investigators also have tracked a bulk ammunition purchase to Arizona.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...oter-bought-33-guns-last-12-months/730634001/

Paddock had devices attached to 12 weapons that enable semiautomatic rifles to mimic fully automatic gunfire, ATF special agent in charge Jill Snyder confirmed. The little-known devices, called "bump stocks," have been around for less than a decade, and Snyder said officials had determined they were legal.*

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/victims-of-las-vegas-shooting-list-names-latest-update/

In thinking about this -- gun running gone bust is striking me more and more

we can't forget for a long time he had a safe about the size of fridge in his garage per neighbors

perfect for machine gun storage

wondering if his real vocation was selling machine guns at gun shows and stuff

he did his gun stuff in 4 states IIRC and if he is involved in black market stuff maybe that became dangerous and income fell

it makes much more sense to have that many guns in his hotel room for a sale -- not the assault

how much would 2000 rounds of ammunition weight

what about the machine guns and all the toys that accompany them the tripods etc

the brother is on again he is totally not accurate about his brothers relationship with guns -- apparently it was enduring

what little I have learned you really can not pick up a machine gun and start firing if you are fond of both of shoulders - apparently there is a skill set in firing assault right in your neighborhood!!

Humm I guess that is why the military provides training for their people before they go to war zones. moo

BBM

Gun safes for rifles/long guns can be quite large.

I don't understand why anyone is discussing "machine guns", when every presser by Sherriff Lombardo has talked about the bump-stocks.

None of the LE officials have talked about "machine guns".

Why is anyone here talking about "machine guns"?

AFAIK, the shooter didn't kill anyone with a "machine gun", nor did he possess any "machine guns".

How come there have been zero pics of bullets all over the place in the this large area days after

I would think media would take picures I have not seen one pic of a bullet lying anywhere in the concert area -- anyone seen any

I dont know what I am implying but it is strang

214 bullets in a pile on the middle of a Los Vegas road I would think would be a pic media would take

I actually have not seen video of crime scene investigators crawling all over the huge areas like ants

I have not seen big crime scene units throughout the area the day after

There was no lockdown ever done

single shooter accepted pretty quick

in all have seen about 8 total people being carried

400 transported to hospitals there was more video of people being carried and transported at Pulse than this

just saying

sibling holding chat fests ??

there were 5 journalists with the brother second interview

why would the shooter put a camera in his room according to reports ??

possibly more for a drug deal or gun deal as opposed to a mass shooting ?

It is getting weirder by the minute

speculating questions have I missed stuff?

Hi Hurricane Henry!!

I dont know when the 4 states he was in changed there gun laws it would be interesting to see if any of his moves were related to gun law changes!!

Kinda like weed addicts relocating ! HA!
Also found this.....from my experience, they know their customers who come around a lot. He sounds like a VIP kinda customer. IMO

Owners of at least three gun stores in Nevada and Utah said they legally sold a total of six firearms to Paddock, including a reported handgun, two shotguns and three rifles, CBS News justice and homeland security correspondent Jeff Pegues reports.

"He was visiting all the local firearm shops, is what he told everybody," said Chris Michel, owner of Dixie GunWorx in St. George, Utah.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/victims-of-las-vegas-shooting-list-names-latest-update/

A gun shop owner in Mesquite confirmed for ABC News that he sold guns to Paddock, but he did not specify how many or whether they were the ones used in the shooting.

"We mourn for this tragedy, and our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the lost and injured," said Christopher M. Sullivan, the general manager of Guns & Guitars Inc.

"Mr. Paddock was a customer and purchased firearms from our store; however, all necessary background checks and procedures were followed, as required by local, state and federal law. He never gave any indication or reason to believe he was unstable or unfit at any time. We are currently cooperating with the ongoing investigation by local and federal law enforcement in any way we can," Sullivan said.

Guns & Guitars sells semiautomatic weapons but not fully automatic weapons.

Another gun store owner confirmed for ABC News that he sold a shotgun to Paddock in February.

Chris Michel, the owner of Dixie Gunworx, told ABC News that Paddock visited his store three times. "He was an average everyday Joe Blow guy," said Michel. "I remember his face, his name, him coming in."

The purchase was "legal in every way," Michel said, adding that he is in touch with law enforcement.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/guns-loaded-high-capacity-magazines-found-vegas-shooters/story?id=50228093

How come there have been zero pics of bullets all over the place in the this large area days after

I would think media would take picures I have not seen one pic of a bullet lying anywhere in the concert area -- anyone seen any

214 bullets in a pile on the middle of a Los Vegas road I would think would be a pic media would take

The concert venue scene where people were murdered is still a crime scene.

Why would anyone expect the media to be allowed in there to take photos at this stage of the investigation?

It happens all the time though.

No one knew Ariel Castro was holding three young women hostage in his home for years on end. Neighbors described him as nice and helpful neighbor. His own family members who visited the home regularly knew nothing. Yet, those girls were there the entire time.

I could quote many, many cases of those who seem so "normal" and "harmless" but have hidden secrets. We know nothing of his travels overseas or if he has committed crimes and simply hasn't been caught. Did anyone even REALLY know him at all? Or simply what he presented to them?

Exactly. So many go under the radar. Dennis Rader and Jerry Sandusky come to mind.

Than again, they raised red flags. I suspect Stephen Paddock has plenty of red flags.

God, that's not a photo I want to see.

I don't know how big the field was but whatever is left might be spread out and anything they have been found is probably considered evidence.

The casings would be in the hotel room. The bullets would probably explode on impact depending on what they hit. IMO.
Media has been cornered off. Probably not much to see once they are allowed in.

IMO, it seems as though some folks are attempting to create a conspiracy theory, just because they may not understand ballistics and/or how crime scenes are processed.

Me too

but after 600 folks get shot I am thinking about visiting Toy R US and buying a play gun and appear to be packing heat!!

I know not to get boy blue-- to be convincing it has to black !

I am in Fl we are like the wild west here in terms of laws ( I think) but thank god I have not seen people at the grocery store with AK47s in the part of the cart that 20 years were for infant and have been transformed
into mini arsenals!

I Pondered a swat uniform while grocery shopping but would be much too hot!!

OT Better visit ToyRUs soon CARIIS, they may not be around much longer (bankrupt). If you go through with it, and wear the swat uni while grocery shopping, give us a heads up, so I can watch for you on the evening news. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member