NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Criss Angel Show last Wednesday. Incredibly moving tribute at the end to all victims of recent fire, hurricane and of course this horrific massacre.

Sheriff says he expects to deliver update on Las Vegas shooting soon

Updated January 13, 2018 - 3:57 pm

Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said Saturday that he expects to have a news conference “probably in a week” to discuss the state of the investigation into the Oct. 1 mass shooting on the Strip. However, he added that he does not expect the update to include a “keystone piece” on gunman Stephen Paddock’s motive.

“The frustrating thing for me as head of the law enforcement has been the ‘keyboard bandits,’ you know, the guys who sit on their couches at their home and Monday morning quarterback everything you do.”

He's got to be joking right?
THAT has been the frustrating thing for him?
Seriously?!
:scared::facepalm::shame:

What about the 58 PEOPLE you were unable to save?
Or the 500+ injuries that you were unable to prevent?
Or the untold number of PTSD and anxiety cases, thanks to a visit to your city?

What about the lack of an explanation for WHY this happened?
The possibility that there is another person involved still loose out there?
I would be losing sleep at night over ALL of these things.

Despite all those things, the frustrating thing for him is armchair detectives?
People who question the job you are doing? YOU ARE AN ELECTED OFFICIAL!
They have every right to question the job you are doing, it comes with the job.

I have not even once said anything negative about this Sheriff.
I have given him the benefit of the doubt because I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.
However, THAT was an absurd statement to make on so many levels.
It really pisses me off. (If that wasn't already obvious.)

That is a method folks in organized crime use to hide their identity. Multiple people have access to the same accounts so that they can communicate without authorities knowing who is using the account even if a warrant is obtained.

That had not even occurred to me actually. Interesting.
So wouldn't they be able to tell that there were people logging in from all over?
For example if I log into my gmail account from another location it notifies me.
Wouldn't there be a record of that, which when cross checked with his travel could prove if others had access to the account? Especially if access was from outside the country.

THIS!!! same source.. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/1...ok-account-soon-after-shooting-data-show.html

The girlfriend of Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock deleted her Facebook account less than an hour before police released Paddock’s name, according to reports.
and

The documents suggest Danley acted quickly after the shooting to conceal her relationship with Paddock, the New York Post reported.
strange
The documents show that Danley’s Facebook account was set to private at 12:30 a.m. Oct. 2 – about two-and-a-half hours after the rampage began – and was deleted at 2:46 a.m., less than an hour before authorities released Paddock’s name to the public at 3:30 a.m., the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

I can understand the deletion, because the authorities would have surely talked to her by then. The going private I'm struggling with unless it was just a HUGE coincidence.

I might call and check on my significant other upon hearing of the shooting. It would NEVER occur to me that he was the shooter (though, he has no guns.)

I wonder if she was woken up by a phone call from law enforcement and then saw a text from him? Maybe he sent her a farewell text that we just haven't heard about?

I'm trying really hard to find innocent explanations for her behavior. I don't want her to be crucified just because he's dead and unable to be. I'm starting to wonder though.

He's got to be joking right?
THAT has been the frustrating thing for him?
Seriously?!
:scared::facepalm::shame:

What about the 58 PEOPLE you were unable to save?
Or the 500+ injuries that you were unable to prevent?
Or the untold number of PTSD and anxiety cases, thanks to a visit to your city?

What about the lack of an explanation for WHY this happened?
The possibility that there is another person involved still loose out there?
I would be losing sleep at night over ALL of these things.

Despite all those things, the frustrating thing for him is armchair detectives?
People who question the job you are doing? YOU ARE AN ELECTED OFFICIAL!
They have every right to question the job you are doing, it comes with the job.

I have not even once said anything negative about this Sheriff.
I have given him the benefit of the doubt because I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.
However, THAT was an absurd statement to make on so many levels.
It really pisses me off. (If that wasn't already obvious.)

That had not even occurred to me actually. Interesting.
So wouldn't they be able to tell that there were people logging in from all over?
For example if I log into my gmail account from another location it notifies me.
Wouldn't there be a record of that, which when cross checked with his travel could prove if others had access to the account? Especially if access was from outside the country.

I can understand the deletion, because the authorities would have surely talked to her by then. The going private I'm struggling with unless it was just a HUGE coincidence.

I might call and check on my significant other upon hearing of the shooting. It would NEVER occur to me that he was the shooter (though, he has no guns.)

I wonder if she was woken up by a phone call from law enforcement and then saw a text from him? Maybe he sent her a farewell text that we just haven't heard about?

I'm trying really hard to find innocent explanations for her behavior. I don't want her to be crucified just because he's dead and unable to be. I'm starting to wonder though.

If this was the case, they would not have been concerned she deleted her FB.

from Doug Poppa
http://baltimorepostexaminer.com/fb...mmo-magazines/2018/01/14#sthash.7eBzwk3r.uxfs

MD helped load.. this makes me wonder whether he had carried pre-loaded weapons to the hotel???
What did she think she was doing when/if she helped him load so many weapons??

What possible excuse could she have for that?
Why would he have needed someone to assist him load at any point at all??
Even for target practice?
There was nothing wrong with his hands as far as we know that gloves would not have protected.

from Doug Poppa
http://baltimorepostexaminer.com/fb...mmo-magazines/2018/01/14#sthash.7eBzwk3r.uxfs

MD helped load.. this makes me wonder whether he had carried pre-loaded weapons to the hotel???
What did she think she was doing when/if she helped him load so many weapons??

What possible excuse could she have for that?
Why would he have needed someone to assist him load at any point at all??
Even for target practice?
There was nothing wrong with his hands as far as we know that gloves would not have protected.

Iirc she helped load magazines not weapons.

Eta loaded magazines ahead of going to the range is normal, it’s time consuming.

For Doug Poppa's latest column click HERE

If this was the case, they would not have been concerned she deleted her FB.

Were they "concerned" about it, or just noting it? I'm not seeing how deleting it after is very incriminating. I would too if my boyfriend had just committed 58 murders. There were pictures of her family on there and it linked to their profiles as well. I would be worried about my families safety.

It's also possible she had already started to get messages or strange friend requests. People thought her ex husband was the shooter for a while before the name was released. People thought that she was a likely accomplice to whoever the shooter was.

So a lot of people were looking at her facebook long before we found out her boyfriend was the shooter. I know I looked at her facebook before the name was released. I just don't remember the exact timeline anymore.

I'm sure they have more than just the facebook deletion. That by itself just isn't that strange to me. Most people associated with high profile suspects delete their facebooks. It's kind of a logical thing to do. Retreat, hide and try to downplay your relationship with the monster.

This is becoming like a hashtag, 'her prints were on the ammo'... in almost every media source.

Now, need to ask, in light of the savage history of this case since it happened and so many arguments here..

We can conclude information has been withheld and continues to be withheld.

We can see the public relations antics that in this massacre has utterly departed from previous mass killings aftermath.

Paths have been obscured, paths to information that is congruent and necessary to protect the general public, who were the victims here.

There is a possibility that MD is being pushed to the front line, unwittingly.. this may be a sinister issue if the police have, by now, thoroughly investigated all available electronic material.
Several pages were redacted, and 10 pages withheld.. pending court decision on Tuesday.

But MD's pages were not withheld and she has not been charged with a crime.

The other question I have and cannot find answers for is the question of what specific ammo did she allegedly handle and when did she handle it.

She cannot plead innocence if she did his entire armory at the hotel, on the night he massacred as many innocent humans as he could.

Too many questions, again..

This is becoming like a hashtag, 'her prints were on the ammo'... in almost every media source.

Now, need to ask, in light of the savage history of this case since it happened and so many arguments here..

We can conclude information has been withheld and continues to be withheld.

We can see the public relations antics that in this massacre has utterly departed from previous mass killings aftermath.

Paths have been obscured, paths to information that is congruent and necessary to protect the general public, who were the victims here.

There is a possibility that MD is being pushed to the front line, unwittingly.. this may be a sinister issue if the police have, by now, thoroughly investigated all available electronic material.
Several pages were redacted, and 10 pages withheld.. pending court decision on Tuesday.

But MD's pages were not withheld and she has not been charged with a crime.

The other question I have and cannot find answers for is the question of what specific ammo did she allegedly handle and when did she handle it.

She cannot plead innocence if she did his entire armory at the hotel, on the night he massacred as many innocent humans as he could.

Too many questions, again..

If I were her I would say I helped him load them so he would clean up the mess and get them off the table, this is a possibility which would be an innocent act.

As for which ones, I would not be able to tell one from the other, I wonder if she is like me and has no clue which bullets fit which gun etc etc

In discussing the locked door to the second bedroom from SP suite, the locked door still raises a big question in my mind.

Has anyone stayed at the Mandolay recently and knows what type key system they use? Were you in a room that connected to another room? if so, what type lock was on the door between rooms?

For years the connecting room doors in hotels was a deadbolt lock that each person controlled from their own room. If this was the type used at the Mandolay, then how did the door lock on the connecting room get locked? Only one of two ways —. SP ran out of the room after shooting, having locked that dead bolt, into the hall and into his suite. This sounds ridiculous and can be eliminated immediately IMO. The only other option, as I see it, is there was a second person in that second bedroom. However, the question then arises as how did that person get out of the room with Campos sitting in the hall?

I just stayed in a very modern hotel and their connecting rooms used the key card that is used for the main room. If this was the case, then all SP had to do was pull the door behind him and it would lock.

Any other ideas?

I am flabbergasted that SP had a phone that was locked and the FBI cannot get it open!

Wouldn’t the maker of the phone be able to help? I realize it is probably a foreign company. This is a dangerous fact to be known by all the fugitives.

If I were her I would say I helped him load them so he would clean up the mess and get them off the table, this is a possibility which would be an innocent act.

As for which ones, I would not be able to tell one from the other, I wonder if she is like me and has no clue which bullets fit which gun etc etc
I have no clue either about guns, bullets cartridges bump stock or magazines..but I reckon they will have been able to trace where he purchased each by now and at least form a timeline of when she could have done it.

Other big question is, if she was his assistant, though we know she was not there while the massacre took place, whether she assisted as in the way you suggested, get them off the table- or instigator..
My hackles are well up on this one.. her prints on the bullets could well be more crazy thinking on the part of the authorities, being those with the information, deciding the public needs a scapegoat to take heat of Mr Lombardo and co or whether they have real reason to suspect she had a higher involvement than we know.

If she is innocent, I think its questionable ethics releasing the information that her prints were on the bullets, some bullets, unspecified bullets from an unspecified time..
I wish a proper journalist would interview her.

In discussing the locked door to the second bedroom from SP suite, the locked door still raises a big question in my mind.

Has anyone stayed at the Mandolay recently and knows what type key system they use? Were you in a room that connected to another room? if so, what type lock was on the door between rooms?

For years the connecting room doors in hotels was a deadbolt lock that each person controlled from their own room. If this was the type used at the Mandolay, then how did the door lock on the connecting room get locked? Only one of two ways —. SP ran out of the room after shooting, having locked that dead bolt, into the hall and into his suite. This sounds ridiculous and can be eliminated immediately IMO. The only other option, as I see it, is there was a second person in that second bedroom. However, the question then arises as how did that person get out of the room with Campos sitting in the hall?

I just stayed in a very modern hotel and their connecting rooms used the key card that is used for the main room. If this was the case, then all SP had to do was pull the door behind him and it would lock.

Any other ideas?
yeah, I'm not sure whether it was locked or boarded up, drilled closed from Paddock's side..

I worry about her safety with this information out there.
Worried that someone will take justice into their own hands because it's taking too long and they believe she's guilty from what was released.
I really wish they had clarified whether they intend to charge her or believe she's innocent.
Or just objected to the released since it's still an active investigation.

Sheriff says he expects to deliver update on Las Vegas shooting soon

Updated January 13, 2018 - 3:57 pm

Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said Saturday that he expects to have a news conference “probably in a week” to discuss the state of the investigation into the Oct. 1 mass shooting on the Strip. However, he added that he does not expect the update to include a “keystone piece” on gunman Stephen Paddock’s motive.

“The frustrating thing for me as head of the law enforcement has been the ‘keyboard bandits,’ you know, the guys who sit on their couches at their home and Monday morning quarterback everything you do.”

The frustrating thing for us (WS) is that ‘he’ is the head of anything, much more so, the head of law enforcement pertaining to this historic mass shooting!

Normally we do not allow conspiracy theories on Websleuths.

However, due to the fact that there are conflicting statements given by law enforcement you have to ask yourself why? Also, there are several very strange things that the Sheriff brought up but no one has asked him to elaborate.

Yes, I am getting a list with the back up from a media source. Or a recording of the Sherrif himself.

We will allow the discussion (in this case only) to explore reasons why the all the departments involved seem to have conflicting stories.

Please feel free to post the documents released by the FBI today.

As almost everything on Websleuths this is a grey area.

Please do not go overboard. I don't want this discussion to turn into a crazy nutcase thread where the Taliban, the Bush family, and the Pope are all in this together and Stephen Paddock was an agent of the devil developed in a lab in West Germany.

No.

The things that need to be examined are:

Was Paddock alone?
Did someone from the hotel help him get his guns in the room? Did that person know there were guns in his luggage?
Why is the Sheriff giving conflicting statements?
Why did it take over an hour for the swat team to get to the hotel? Where were they?
What about the security guard Campos? Where is he? Did he give conflicting statements? If so what were they?

Do not accuse anyone by name of being an accomplice.The only one we know to be guilty right now is Stephen Paddock.

I hope I am being clear and not confusing anyone.

Common sense. That's what we need to use here.

Please, no name calling of anyone at all. Name calling does no good.

Thank you for reopening this Tricia. There are many unanswered peculiarities from this historic event that simply could not be overlooked for many of us.

I'm not done reading the documents yet, but I will say that she is included just as much as he is. I'm thinking they are pretty sure she is involved somehow.

Oh. And I didn't know facebook owned instagram!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member