GUILTY NV - Daniel Theriot, 3, Sunset Park, Las Vegas, 2 Sep 2018 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The father of Daniel, James lives in Texas received a phone call from police at 8 am
Mug shot released of woman arrested after child's body found

From the above link:

“If a child you know is being abused, you can get them help. You can reach the Division of Child & Family Services during normal business hours at 702-486-6100. Or you can call the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at anytime at 1-800-422-4453 MAHSA SAEIDI, ESQ. on Twitter

— MAHSA SAEIDI, ESQ. (@MahsaWho) September 4, 2018“

Father speaks out about death of missing boy
The father of the three-year-old boy found dead Monday morning says his son was a loving and compassionate toddler who was inseparable from his younger brother.

James Theriot told 13 Action News that he is working to get to Las Vegas from his home in Texas after getting the call about his son's death early Monday morning.

Theriot said he is hoping to get his two-year-old son from family services after their mother and her boyfriend were arrested in connection with the death of three-year-old Daniel Theriot.

Father speaks out about death of missing boy

Last edited:
Wow. This is so sad. I just read about it today and came here to read the thread. I'm caught up and I noticed from the start, WSers knew something was off with this case. You guys knew. And LE did too. Hats off to LVPD for finding little Daniel before yet another day passed.

I wonder how LE knew to search Lake Mead so quickly? Any news about that?

jmo

I have no doubt that this family is already well known to the Department of Children and Family Services in Las Vegas, a more useless organization than I have ever been acquainted with. I taught school in Las Vegas, and unless a child had a broken arm in front of me, and stated his parent had done it, they wouldn't even investigate.

Their plan of keeping families together, includes allowing meth and heroin addicts to keep their children, for years, in neglect and disgusting living conditions, but as long as the kids are not "abused", that means that the parents are making "progress".

The stories I could tell about DCFS in Las Vegas are absolutely unbelievable.

The keeping families together policy is probably everywhere. It was in MN, too. It would be a good idea if the parents had to live in a supervised house. Kids love their parents. But leaving abusers alone, no.

We need to readjust where we spend money in the US

They need to start with birth control, IMHO. And, they also need to stop rewarding women with money for every child they have who doesn't have a daddy. Something's wrong with this, and it's the little innocent children who are the ones who pay the ultimate price with their lives. MOO. Even if these little ones survive in the surroundings they are born in, it is heartbreaking to read and see what they suffer while they growing up.

I'm all for helping a mother with one child born out of wedlock. Provide free education, birth control and child care while she works to become a good parent to that one child. Don't reward her over and over again while the babies are neglected or ultimately murdered. Something has to change. We keep seeing babies murdered and neglected time and time again. Where does it stop? And, no one in office seems to want to approach the problem. You just can't keep throwing money at them. You have to encourage them to help themselves. JMO, MOO.

I've noticed that most of the meth and drug users have multiple precious children. How can we help them? There has to be a way. MOO.

Sorry for the rant. I keep following these cases of children who are murdered by their parents (and their boyfriends/girlfriends). Makes you feel so helpless.

I have not seen the smith or her boyfriend..but am watching a murder trial. ...

100,000 $ bail for both. Criminal charges to be filed by tomorrow.
Please do not watch the first video I posted at 12:25.

From the video:

Oxford has 2013 previous conviction for child abuse and neglect, battery and domestic violence. When the 3 yr-old child was found and shown to the people at the hospital, there were child abuse injuries, noticeable finger marks, burn marks, scratches and bruises on both ears, above the eyes. Hemorrhages around the eyes. OMG

Last edited:
They need to start with birth control, IMHO. And, they also need to stop rewarding women with money for every child they have who doesn't have a daddy. Something's wrong with this, and it's the little innocent children who are the ones who pay the ultimate price with their lives. MOO. Even if these little ones survive in the surroundings they are born in, it is heartbreaking to read and see what they suffer while they growing up.

I'm all for helping a mother with one child born out of wedlock. Provide free education, birth control and child care while she works to become a good parent to that one child. Don't reward her over and over again while the babies are neglected or ultimately murdered. Something has to change. We keep seeing babies murdered and neglected time and time again. Where does it stop? And, no one in office seems to want to approach the problem. You just can't keep throwing money at them. You have to encourage them to help themselves. JMO, MOO.

I've noticed that most of the meth and drug users have multiple precious children. How can we help them? There has to be a way. MOO.

Sorry for the rant. I keep following these cases of children who are murdered by their parents (and their boyfriends/girlfriends). Makes you feel so helpless.

I'm not sure exactly how you get rewarded with money for having children....here in Colorado we have TANF, but that's 240 a month per child. Section 8 has a 4 year waitlist in my area....and it keeps growing longer. Average rent for a studio here is around 1,000/mth. So I don't quite get where this "money" you speak of is coming from. I'm only aware because I am a single parent and for about 3 months had to go on welfare. You also have to "volunteer" for food stamps, which you get around $350 a month if unemployed. However, the time spent "volunteering" equates to you making 3-4 dollars per hour, if it was instead a job. Free education would have been nice...the school I worked for funded my Masters, so I was lucky.

We also have free IUD's in Colorado for poorer people...it's a program that's been around for years funded by an anon donor. In terms of how you help drug addicts? Cover the cost of treatment. The majority are actually probably not bad parents sober. Problem is treatment is around 30-50k a month. Most of the free treatment centers here shut down and we are working on getting Medicaid to cover them...that will be huge. I'm in recovery from drugs and alcohol myself, and so volunteer on a board that works with our local government. Most addicts are not bad people, and there are tons of functioning ones that you would never guess. Our local newscaster fell into opioids and heroin after surgery. She too was a parent and became "super mom" on them. Sorry so O/T. I tend to think people like this are just evil. Even the majority of addicts aren't going to kill and beat their children. It's too late for this pair and I hope they rot in prison.

Please do not watch the first video I posted at 12:25.

From the video:

Oxford has 2013 previous conviction for child abuse and neglect, battery and domestic violence. When the 3 yr-old child was found and shown to the people at the hospital, there were child abuse injuries, noticeable finger marks, burn marks, scratches and bruises on both ears, above the eyes. Hemorrhages around the eyes. OMG

Wait is this referring to Daniel? When his body was found? He was taken to the hospital?
Or was that referring to the 2 year old brother? Or the boyfriends prior child abuse charge.
Once again, like in Lucas' case. We have someone with a prior history of child abuse/neglect being allowed around a partner's children.

I'm not sure exactly how you get rewarded with money for having children....here in Colorado we have TANF, but that's 240 a month per child. Section 8 has a 4 year waitlist in my area....and it keeps growing longer. Average rent for a studio here is around 1,000/mth. So I don't quite get where this "money" you speak of is coming from. I'm only aware because I am a single parent and for about 3 months had to go on welfare. You also have to "volunteer" for food stamps, which you get around $350 a month if unemployed. However, the time spent "volunteering" equates to you making 3-4 dollars per hour, if it was instead a job. Free education would have been nice...the school I worked for funded my Masters, so I was lucky.

We also have free IUD's in Colorado for poorer people...it's a program that's been around for years funded by an anon donor. In terms of how you help drug addicts? Cover the cost of treatment. The majority are actually probably not bad parents sober. Problem is treatment is around 30-50k a month. Most of the free treatment centers here shut down and we are working on getting Medicaid to cover them...that will be huge. I'm in recovery from drugs and alcohol myself, and so volunteer on a board that works with our local government. Most addicts are not bad people, and there are tons of functioning ones that you would never guess. Our local newscaster fell into opioids and heroin after surgery. She too was a parent and became "super mom" on them. Sorry so O/T. I tend to think people like this are just evil. Even the majority of addicts aren't going to kill and beat their children. It's too late for this pair and I hope they rot in prison.
Yes! I love success stories. I'm proud of you for what you've accomplished and I'm proud the way you speak up for others. Keep going!

My heart is just broken into a million pieces.... I just can not wrap my head around a MOTHER killing or allowing someone to kill their OWN flesh & blood... their own child... as a mom who has lost a child, he was 5 1/2, I just do not understand... I am at such a loss here... Daniel was was just 3... he was curious... he was silly... he was so little.... so helpless... so innocent...

Tears just fall from my eyes...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86
Back