GUILTY NV - Esmeralda Gonzalez, 24, found deceased, Las Vegas, 31 May 2019 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The arrest report for 40-year-old Casandra Garrett brings with it new details about the incidents that led up to the death of 24-year-old Esmeralda Gonzalez.

Garrett is the third suspect arrested in the Gonzalez case after her body was found encased in concrete in a desert area in Las Vegas earlier this year.

Garrett is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Dec. 2.

details: Arrest report reveals grim details in death of missing Vegas woman

The arrest report for 40-year-old Casandra Garrett brings with it new details about the incidents that led up to the death of 24-year-old Esmeralda Gonzalez.

Garrett is the third suspect arrested in the Gonzalez case after her body was found encased in concrete in a desert area in Las Vegas earlier this year.

Garrett is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Dec. 2.

details: Arrest report reveals grim details in death of missing Vegas woman
Wow, what stunning information in this article, I’m at a loss for words.
Death penalty, in my opinion.

But on that September visit, Casandra Garrett, 40, denied knowing the whereabouts of Esmeralda Gonzalez, a UNLV graduate with a social media presence of hundreds of thousands of followers, according to court documents.

It would be exactly three weeks later — on Oct. 8 — when Garrett, described as “defensive” and “argumentative,” was back in Las Vegas, leading detectives to a gruesome discovery, police said.

In the Mojave Desert, near the Nevada-California border, investigators found a wooden structure filled with hardened concrete and the remains of the missing woman, according to police. Gonzalez was 24.

Garrett was later arrested in Milwaukee. She and Christopher Prestipino, 46, have since been charged on counts of murder, kidnapping and conspiracy to commit murder.

Garrett — who also uses the last name Bascones, among other aliases — is now locked up at the Clark County Detention Center.

Prestipino posted a $500,000 bond on Nov. 6, but his release was delayed and he remained in shackles as he appeared in front of Las Vegas Justice Court Judge Douglas Herndon Wednesday.
Police: Suspect in death of woman found in concrete led cops to body

According to police, an anonymous person reported Christopher Prestipino and Casandra Garrett hired Esmeralda Gonzalez, an adult entertainer and while at the residence, Gonzalez was left tied up to a bedpost for a long period of time. Gonzalez started yelling and threatened to call the police.
upload_2019-11-19_7-38-22-jpeg.216124

Casandra Garrett, 39, is facing charges of murder, conspiracy to commit murder and first degree kidnapping the death of 24-year-old Gonzalez who was first reported missing in May 31, 2019. Her decomposing body was found by police on Oct. 8 in a structure made of wood and concrete in a desert

A court document said Prestipino and Garrett were fearful Gonzalez would report them to police. Gonzalez was strangled and injected with pool cleaner.

Prestipino then rented a U-Haul and used it to transport Gonzalez’s body which was later dumped in the desert.
Woman extradited, charged in the murder of Esmeralda Gonzalez

Prosecutors have accused Christopher Prestipino and his roommate, 43-year-old Casandra Garrett, of taking extensive measures to hide the body of 24-year-old Esmeralda Gonzalez after killing her “with a poisonous substance and/or by strangulation.”

On Monday, Prestipino pleaded guilty to first-degree kidnapping and second-degree murder by entering what is known as an Alford plea, meaning he admitted only that prosecutors had enough evidence to prove he is guilty.

In February 2020, Mort cut a deal with prosecutorsand pleaded guilty to accessory to murder in exchange for prosecutors dropping the drug charges against her. She was sentenced in 2020 to between two and five years in prison.

Like Prestipino, Garrett was indicted in 2019 on murder, kidnapping and conspiracy charges. Prosecutors filed an amended indictment in February 2021 charging Garrett with voluntary manslaughter, a day after documents in the case were filed under seal, court records show.

A sentencing hearing for Garrett has been scheduled for May 2, court records show.

Prestipino is set to be sentenced on April 25

1682628358007.jpeg
A 49-year-old man has been sentenced to between 10 and 25 years behind bars for the gruesome killing of a 24-year-old Las Vegas model whose body was encased in a concrete box and dumped in the desert after she was strangled and injected with pool cleaner.

Christopher Prestipino was sentenced on Tuesday in the killing of Esmeralda Gonzalez, who was reported missing in May 2019 before an anonymous tip led police to her body months later. A second defendant, Prestipino’s ex-roommate Casandra Garrett, also pleaded guilty and is set to be sentenced next month.

The victim’s brother said he was crushed over the death of his sister, who dreamed of going to law school.

“Learning that my sister was deceased deeply bruised my heart but learning how she died shattered my heart forever,” the victim’s brother Juan Gonzalez-Medera read in court, according to CBS Las Vegas affiliate 8 News Now. “I now live in a world where I only get to see my sister alive when I dream at night and relive the nightmare of her death when I wake up in the morning.”

“My sister is and continues to be the light that shines within me,” he added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy
Back