Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed the coroner involved in her case about DDP months ago and never heard back. I imagine her agency has known about DDP for awhile because of washoe county Jane Doe. Local Agencies talk to each other

Also according to DDP they will talk to agencies for months before actually taking on a case

I can only imagine what's going on behind closed doors that we -the public- don't know about. I hope, especially with the final confirmation of the identification of Sheep Flats Jane Doe in mind, that LE in Nevada (and elsewhere, of course) will see what the DDP is capable of doing, and will work with them on several more cases from Nevada.

Has anyone suggested Sharon Smith, Namus 36952

Missing Person Case

UID: Found Oct 5,1980, 14-26 years old, 5'2" 103 lbs., brown hair, blue eyes.

Missing: Aug 25, 1980, 25 years old, 5'2", 108 lbs, brown hair blue eyes.

Now I see, she has been suggested, I wonder if she is ruled out?

Last edited:
Has anyone suggested Sharon Smith, Namus 36952

Missing Person Case

UID: Found Oct 5,1980, 14-26 years old, 5'2" 103 lbs., brown hair, blue eyes.

Missing: Aug 25, 1980, 25 years old, 5'2", 108 lbs, brown hair blue eyes.

Now I see, she has been suggested, I wonder if she is ruled out?

Yes, both agencies were contacted, including NamUs a couple of years ago, by myself and then by someone else on here.

Is he sure he has the right teeth? Looking at her dental x rays the gap between 7-8 really doesn't look injurious but like a diastema. Could the detective have meant the fractured tooth?

If you look at the x-ray, there is an anomaly between the roots of 7 & 8, that could be injured bone.

Thanks for clarifying Carl, I see it now. It looks like her maxilla may even be broken at tooth #4 which could account for the gap.

I'm no dentist, just MOO.

It’s the 38th anniversary. Wish there was info on the isotope tests to release, would have been a good day for the local media to do a segment on her, but with nothing new since the last segment I understand why they didn’t I guess. I wonder if the detective on her case has tried GED match since they have her DNA?

I wonder if the detective on her case has tried GED match since they have her DNA?

Her case worker(s) are aware of the DNA Doe Project. CarlK spoke with them earlier this Autumn (see post #871 and #874), and leilarose68 has emailed them (post #880).
AGJD is also on DDP's suggestion list.

Last edited:
NAMUS Rule Outs as of 10/06/18
Unidentified Person Case

MP2493 - Tracy King, 07/08/1975
Adams PA

MP6391 - Angela Meeker, 07/07/1979
Pierce WA

MP31371 - Patricia Taylor, 08/01/1981
Tulsa OK

MP17932 - Debra Vowell, 01/24/1979
San Diego CA

MP17277 - Cindy Haumann, 11/03/1980
Pima AZ

MP26838 - Carol Roberts, 08/15/1976
Seminole FL

MP8253 - Deborah McCall, 11/05/1979
DuPage IL

MP34119 - Rosie Schlicker, 03/14/1978
Jackson MO

MP28701 - Marilyn Milligan, 06/17/1977
Lafayette MO

MP2345 - Carla Corley, 08/12/1980
Jefferson AL

MP5901 - Sandra Butler, 06/26/1978
Washoe NV

MP2392 - Laureen Rahn, 04/27/1980
Hillsborough NH

MP11009 - Kimberly Doss, 05/29/1979
Duval FL

MP9467 - Terry Collier, 06/17/2004
San Bernardino CA

MP1783 - Tammy Akers, 02/07/1977
Roanoke VA

MP6635 - Suzanne Schultz, 12/01/1978
Hillsborough FL

MP5308 - Melinda Creech, 09/05/1979
Madison IN

MP2362 - Rachael Garden, 03/22/1980

MP3859 - Cheryl Scherer, 04/17/1979
Scott MO

MP547 - Sandra Landrum, 09/29/1975
Fulton GA

MP5901 - Sandra Butler, 06/26/1978
Washoe NV

Last edited:
Any news on the Sherilyn Mitchell /arroyo grade DNA yet? It's been so many years since it was suggested. If it is indeed her i am wondering how she got from Australia,did she have a passport, wasn't it checked? Otherwise how did she get from A to B.
I'm finding it quite hard to locate a good amount of information on her and the case.
She looks remarkably identical and the "s" tattoo, coincidence? Maybe.

Sherilyn Mitchell wasn't Arroyo Grande. From www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/SherrlynMitchell.htm:

"They had a Jane Doe in the US they thought may have matched Sherrlynn," he said.

"From Interpol we were able to obtain a copy of the DNA profile and to compare that with the DNA we obtained from her mother."

Sherrlynn was not a match, but with her DNA now in the database, new technologies evolving and an ongoing review process, Detective Sergeant Butler says investigators always hold out hope.

It's coming up on how many years since isotopes were supposed to have been done? Two?

Yes its been nearly 2 years ...
82b46a50_s_waiting_8.gif

... and in the meantime, the DDP identifies one UID after the other within months ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh yes indeed Mrs Badcrumble, I've become a bit skeptical with isotopes.

DDP would have been a better choice however at the time the exhumation of Arroyo DDP was not in the main stream as they are now. DDP would have been money well spent
fabf9a56_msn-emotions-pig-8.gif

Oh yes indeed Mrs Badcrumble, I've become a bit skeptical with isotopes.
DDP would have been a better choice
*respectfully snipped*

Well, that's science for ya! :D

I doubt we'll see many isotope testings from now on, though. They're expensive, it takes forever to get results, and the results themselves can be pretty vague; contra the success rate of genealogy agencies like the DDP. It's been quite interesting to observe the development of different types of identifying tools throughout the years!

Well, that's science for ya! :D

I doubt we'll see many isotope testings from now on, though. They're expensive, it takes forever to get results, and the results themselves can be pretty vague; contra the success rate of genealogy agencies like the DDP. It's been quite interesting to observe the development of different types of identifying tools throughout the years!

You may be right, but isotope results may help locate Marcia King's killer by retracing her steps right before she died. Her pollen testing may help, too.

You may be right, but isotope results may help locate Marcia King's killer by retracing her steps right before she died. Her pollen testing may help, too.

As a means to gather and collect forensic evidence, yes, but as a means to identify UID's, I'd believe that LE has usually a restricted budget and will rather choose to go for a solution that is most likely to give them the full identity in return in hopes that this in turn will crack the case. JMO.

As a means to gather and collect forensic evidence, yes, but as a means to identify UID's, I'd believe that LE has usually a restricted budget and will rather choose to go for a solution that is most likely to give them the full identity in return in hopes that this in turn will crack the case. JMO.

When they took Marcia's and AGJD's isotopes, it was before DDP, so they may as well use the results since they already paid for them. But, on a go forward basis, definitely DDP would be the best way to go now.

Yes, I am aware of the fact that isotope testings are pre-DDP, and I am not rejecting the results they give. IIRC, Tammy Jo's isotopes placed her in Florida (amongst a few other states); Beth Doe's has placed her in Europe ten years prior to her death, which really helps narrowing down the search for her true identify if the isotopes turn out to be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679