NV NV - Irma Mkrtchyan, 45, Las Vegas Valley, 19 Jan 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Irma's son was on the news not too long ago. He has refused to provide a DNA sample to LVMPD. The ex-husband is David. Father and son were pictured on the news together. I do not have a good feeling about Irma. Son's rationale was that fingerprints are unique but DNA is not foolproof. Huh?

David is her brother. The ex-husband is Ara who has spoken to the media and acknowledges that he is a suspect but denies having anything to do with it. He failed a lie detector test and authorities took over $70,000 that he had in his home.

It's now a homicide investigation and it appears Ara is the chief suspect although there have been no arrests and her body has not been found.

Perhaps it is cultural, perhaps not - - the behavior of the children is extremely surprising because it is so low key.

Sheila Linke's was strangled to death by a person she rented to, her body was found in the desert in Mohave County, Ariz. Didn't see any one post this yet. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-charged-in-strangling-death-of-las-vegas-landlady/

Well the wording on this is...unique.

He wanted to make a statement? Seems like they should have said he wanted to confess!

On Feb. 18, While detectives were still investigating Linke's disappearance, Kopp's attorney called police, telling them his client wanted to make a statement.

Interesting he did it while it was still being investigated. I'm a little surprised he wasn't advised to wait until they came and basically said they knew he did it, or found another way to detain him, and them him use it as a plea "chip" and confess and tell them where her body was in exchange for something.

Am I missing why someone would do it in this particular order? Especially since he also had an attorney at that point. It's not like he was just doing it with no legal counsel.

Man is this odd...

I think he reminds me of Remy!

He also comes close to confessing it seems....

Fingers himself as the PoI (as someone else said) Then says he was told how to answer the question (?)

He also outright volunteers that he HAS hurt people. They ask if he's gone to jail for killing someone in the past, not whether or not he killed anybody.

Admits to lying - except for personal gain.

And then gets spoon fed an answer.

Plus, what in the world does "everything was controlled mean?"

Marutyan said detectives now think that he had something to do with the disappearance. In mid-February, he said, he failed a polygraph test, though he insists he didn’t lie when asked whether he ever hurt anybody or whether he ever lied for personal gain.

“I told them the truth, that I’ve hurt people, and that I’ve lied,” he said. “I told them I hurt people when I was in the Army, that I hurt people enough that they bled; and I told them that I’ve lied all the time, like everybody else, to get a job or to keep a job.

“But then they said, ‘No, no, no, did you ever kill anybody or lie to the point where you went to jail?’ And then they told me to say, ‘No.’ Everything was controlled.”

I want to know who ratted out the hidden money spot. It doesn't sound like he volunteered that...

They seized his laptop, his cellphone and $74,600 in cash he kept in “a secret compartment” known only to his family.

Heck of a lot of money to have in the house, even if it's hidden. (And reminds me of the shoe boxes w/ Remy also)

All kinds of crazy going on here!

Is he saying the aunt said she was there and then took it back the next day? Is he saying he called the aunt, but not necessarily saying that the aunt herself said his mother had been at the funeral? And if the aunt changed her story, what he heck is going on with that?!

He said that he called his aunt in Los Angeles to see if his mother was at a funeral there and was told she was.

But the aunt called back the following day and said she hadn’t seen Mkrtchyan at all.

And what is up with this"

Mkrtchyan’s older brother, David Mkrtchyan, 50, said he believes his former brother-in-law has something to do with his sister’s disappearance, and he even went as far as sending a letter to Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., to ask for help. The Senate majority leader’s office responded that the matter would best be handled by police.

Surprised he didn't decide he'd try to "trump" Reid and get Obama to handle it...

Curious he'd even pass along that bit of info, and curious he'd even think to do that, especially considering it's relatively early on and they clearly are still investigating it!

I thought the son was away at school? And even per his own statement that he came home specifically to be with his dad at this time. I wonder which is true?
Her brother said Irma Mkrtchyan lives with her son and ex-husband, who said she was last seen at the Allanza apartment complex meeting with a client

Even all the being sure she's gone and reiterating that over and over, and saying he's got no hope, and pressuring LE to just make it homicide for any reason. It's all just very...different.

"They're trying to find some signs of criminal [activity] to transfer to the homicide department," he said. "I have no hope anymore. I hope we can find the body. I know that she's gone. I know."

While I agree she's very likely not alive, I guess I can't imagine that being my family member and not still trying to hold out hope.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/24710871/brother-of-missing-woman-i-have-no-hope-anymore

I wish we'd get confirmation of whether or not she actually met with the clients she was supposedly meeting. Have I totally missed LE addressing that?

As several said, those texts could have been from anyone and the car could have been planted

Though then why they'd hide the new storyline that she was going to Mexico w/ a secret love and her special non-family phone makes little sense. You'd almost think they'd WANT the diversion if she was actually relatively nearby in the Vegas area somewhere.

Convenient...

There are few clues. Irma’s ex-husband, with whom she continued to live, said he found Irma’s car parked at Allanza Apartments on the day of her disappearance. There was nothing suspicious about the car.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/feb/12/brother-travels-new-york-lead-search-his-45-year-o/

Husband and son (and to a lesser extent the brother) are reminding me of Remy, too, in how much they seem to like to be speaking out.

"I think maybe she got kidnapped and maybe someone's holding her hostage. I can't even tell you at this point. There's so many things running through my mind," said Arthur Marutyany.
So now we've got kidnapped or being held hostage (next probably "for ransom"...maybe that's actually why they had all that money...keep the story going?) - if others didn't know about the $, curious what the son would say is the reason someone would want to kidnap and hold her.

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Son-of-missing-woman-speaks-out-about-her-disappearance-246388761.html

Throw in the ripoff report about the brother and we've got quite the 3-ring circus going on.

Odd that this is the second case (the other also involving multiple family members) where ripoff reports are coming into play (the other was the parents and youngest son being killed by a college age son in San Juan Capistrano about a month ago)

Looks like the house was put into her name in 2009: http://lasvegas.blockshopper.com/property/16308313033/8928_coast_walk_circle/

I created a map with some known points on it.

16bh3xz.jpg

http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/eQLcbofo7s/

I hope the perpetrator doesn't get away with murder. That seems to happen all too frequently. Standing back and looking at the situation, to me it seems clear who might be behind it. The question is, how does one secret a body away so well that LE can't locate it after all this time. Frustrating.

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Family...rate-for-answers-raises-reward-275868781.html

Las Vegas police said they have no new leads in the disappearance of Irma Mkrtchyan, but her family believes there are people in the valley who know something about the crime.

The family is hoping by increasing the reward to $12,000, one of those people may finally talk.

"Please help us with any clues," said Irma's brother, Davit Mkrtchyan. "There is a dangerous offender in your town and we must stop him."

Family torn apart as woman's disappearance one year ago noted
Published: 1/18 2:22 pm
http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...disappearance-one/5_7mD8ehTkWxtav8jXxSOg.cspx
Ex-husband Ara Marutyan denies any involvement as do her children.
They have been very vocal in past interviews about being viewed as suspects.
Metro seized some of their personal property -- identification, credit cards, computers, titles and $70,000 in cash -- and has not returned it.
Davit would like to get the FBI involved in the investigation. He says he won't rest.
"I'm gonna search for her all my life," he said.

more at link.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926