NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been a fan of his reporting for years. And I always wondered how risky it would be to be an investigative journalist in Vegas. That has to have a high risk factor. His coverage of Ted Binion was excellent.
I’m local and I wouldn’t think it would be risky at all these days, but I guess I was very, very wrong. The mob is long gone, but we still have plenty of corrupt elected officials.

I am shocked at how angry and unhinged this murderer was. He lost an election because of Mr. German, so he resorts to murder? Just unbelievable. I have been reading the articles about Telles’s corruption for months, but no one could have predicted this outcome.

It’s so sad. I am very grateful for all of the reporting Mr. German has done to enlighten me over many years.

I’m local and I wouldn’t think it would be risky at all these days, but I guess I was very, very wrong. The mob is long gone, but we still have plenty of corrupt elected officials.

I am shocked at how angry and unhinged this murderer was. He lost an election because of Mr. German, so he resorts to murder? Just unbelievable. I have been reading the articles about Telles’s corruption for months, but no one could have predicted this outcome.

It’s so sad. I am very grateful for all of the reporting Mr. German has done to enlighten me over many years.
It’s very sad. So he blamed German completely for the loss? No insight obviously as to what he did. I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life. He is totally unhinged.

I found the perpetrator's choice of outfit quite odd. He wore an orange coat with a hat. The average temperature in Las Vegas has been around 110 lately. Perhaps, he is going to go for an insanity defense.
I find many people commenting on his choice of outfit, but many landscapers who must step out into roadways (using leaf blowers, etc.) dress like this in Vegas. They do cover every inch of skin because it’s cooler. My son worked outside in +\- 110-degree weather all summer last year dressed very similarly (and drank about 2.5 gallons of water per day).

The gloves are the wrong type and the weird duffel bag stands out, but I think he was trying to hide in plain sight as a landscaper. They are universal in all types of neighborhoods and he only got a few small details wrong, imo.

It’s very sad. So he blamed German completely for the loss? No insight obviously as to what he did. I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life. He is totally unhinged.
Yes, it seems pretty clear that without German’s reporting, the incumbent (Telles) would be favored to win. I personally did NOT vote for him 100% because of Mr. German’s investigative reporting. In these small elections, the slightest whiff of impropriety would be enough to lose.

Yes, it seems pretty clear that without German’s reporting, the incumbent (Telles) would be favored to win. I personally did NOT vote for him 100% because of Mr. German’s investigative reporting. In these small elections, the slightest whiff of impropriety would be enough to lose.
Ah ok. Even though he did the things German reported. Lol. Wow. RIP Mr. German.

I find many people commenting on his choice of outfit, but many landscapers who must step out into roadways (using leaf blowers, etc.) dress like this in Vegas. They do cover every inch of skin because it’s cooler. My son worked outside in +\- 110-degree weather all summer last year dressed very similarly (and drank about 2.5 gallons of water per day).

The gloves are the wrong type and the weird duffel bag stands out, but I think he was trying to hide in plain sight as a landscaper. They are universal in all types of neighborhoods and he only got a few small details wrong, imo.
He was clearly disguising himself as an immigrant to throw off the scent. I was thinking he was after 'asian lady concerned with uv exposure' look but your landscaper scenario is probably better. (except for the shoes) I'm assuming he was wearing a covid mask but i'm not sure...

I agree and I think that blaming his abusive behavior toward his wife and kids on alcohol is total B.S. I am also struggling with why he granted an interview. Narcissist?

It definitely won't play well in court. If this guy has an attorney, I doubt any attorney would have wanted a client to have an interview from jail with a reporter.

At least, this reporter, was safely behind plexiglass.

It seemed to me that Telles was setting up some sort of defense, that when he drinks, he blacks out, and doesn't remember anything he does or says. Pathetic.

Las Vegas official accused of fatally stabbing journalist who exposed his marital affair is charged with murder as the country makes moves to strip him of $130k salary​

The Las Vegas Review-Journal is demanding that authorities don’t review a slain reporter’s electronic devices and reporting materials, which were seized by authorities after his death.

Jeff German’s cellphone, four computers and external hard drive could be used in the prosecution and defense of German’s alleged killer. But they contain confidential sources and unpublished materials that are protected by federal and state law, the newspaper argued.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back