NV NV- Las Vegas, BlkFem, 18-55, skeletal remains in desert, UP396, September 1972

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cheemsg

Reaction score
I'm surprised this doesn't have a thread, but I couldn't find one so I'm making this.
Her remains were in a desert area 2 miles east of the US93. She had been dead for two or three months. All parts recovered.
She was black, 5'4, 110 pounds. Confusion on age because NamUS says adult pre-20, but has her age range is 20-55. So I guess I'll put the age range as 18-55 just to be more broad.
No clothing or accessories listed.

NAMUS

She's mentioned in this news page but nothing we don't already know from the NamUS page, other than that she was found by campers. The article is quite dismissive and calls her a 'negro' and kind of gives me the vibe not a lot of care went into the investigation.
Reno Gazette-Journal from Reno, Nevada on September 25, 1972 · Page 18
8874A8EF-A184-4D97-87CC-FB3207C8EED8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Link for those who don't have a Newspapers.com subscription: 989UFNV - Newspapers.com

989UFNV

DoeNetwork has a little more information:

Cause of Death: Homicide

Dentals: Available. Caries present in teeth 4 and 12. Teeth 19 and 30 were missing.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Cheers. Homicide? Any more details on this being a homicide? Where does Doe Network get their info? The two teeth missing thing is interesting and might place her on the older side. Mind you, I'm 21 and missing one tooth.

If anyone's interested I submitted Katrina Ashford as a possible match. This JD has 0 exclusions so why not? The contact is apparently on Holiday until the 21st so we'll see what happens then.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurkeyDinosaur
Back