Found Deceased NV - Scott Madden, 38, Washoe County, 13 July 2019 *car found at Galena Creek Park*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Scott Madden, 38, was last seen near his Rough Rock Road home at 9:45 p.m. on Saturday.

Madden is white, 6 feet, 4 inches tall, with brown hair and blue eyes. He is believed to be driving a silver 2011 Toyota 4Runner with Air Force veteran license plate VF 2081. It has damage to the driver’s side rear door and has no trim over the rear tire on the driver’s side.

Sheriff's office asks for help finding missing Hidden Valley man

SCOTT+madden.jpg

The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office says the vehicle belonging to a missing Hidden Valley man has been found at Galena Creek Park.

According to Bob Harmon with the sheriff's office, a Washoe County Parks Ranger contacted deputies Wednesday night, July 17, 2019, notifying them of a vehicle matching the description of Scott Madden's vehicle at the park.

Deputies responded and searched the park but could not find him. Search and rescue crews and RAVEN are continuing the search Thursday morning. Harmon says it is too early to tell if foul play is involved.

Currently, the south entrance to the park is closed.

Missing Hidden Valley man's vehicle found at Galena Creek Park

His mom is speaking on HLN now, I will try and find a link to post the interview. He told his family he was going for a swim and left in swim trunks. His bank account hasn’t been touched and his phone is off. His mom said he lived with his parents and his daughter. Very sad and mysterious.

Is there a pond at Galena Creek ? Is the creek a destination to swim ? Just seemed off to me, but haven't been up there . It looks like awesome for hiking ! It is very troubling. Prayers for Scott to be found soon, and for his family to have strength and faith to get through this trying time. TIA MOO

Last edited:
Is there a pond at Galena Creek ? Is the creek a destination to swim ? Just seemed off to me, but haven't been up there . It looks like awesome for hiking ! It is very troubling. Prayers for Scott to be found soon, and for his family to have strength and faith to get through this trying time. TIA MOO

There is Church's Pond. I'm not very familiar with that area but it doesn't seem like it would be somewhere you would go swimming at 9:45 at night. Just my opinion.

Park Info

So looks like : change of plans didn't call home to let them know or met someone up there ... Or vehicle was dumped up there as a diversion. Anyone see other possible reasons vehicle was up there TIA JMO

His mom is speaking on HLN now, I will try and find a link to post the interview. He told his family he was going for a swim and left in swim trunks. His bank account hasn’t been touched and his phone is off. His mom said he lived with his parents and his daughter. Very sad and mysterious.

I can't find the link. We're you able to?

I still am not able to. I did find this article which includes everything I heard his mom say yesterday though.

Redirect Notice
TY for posting the link, @MFH. The update link is now Nevada parents frantic for answers after son Scott Madden disappeared one month ago

. . .Public Information Officer Bob Harmon told Dateline there was no evidence of Scott being at the park. . . .

ETA The article also mentions that the only evidence in the park was the vehicle and Scott's wallet that was in the vehicle.

Cynthia said when they arrived home after going out to pick up dinner, Scott announced he was going for a swim with a friend. He left wearing swim trunks and a t-shirt and said he’d return in a few hours.

Nevada parents frantic for answers after son Scott Madden disappeared one month ago

I wonder who the friend was and have they talked publicly?

Indeed. So, hopefully LE is obtaining warrants or permissions to access his cell phone records, assuming that there is electronic evidence of a meeting and this friend, including a text or a call around the relevant time. That would provide a significant investigative lead. If, on the other hand, there is no record of such a friend or plans, it would lead one to believe that self-harm was a possibility.

9:45pm is a little late for a swim, even at a pool, unless it was a romantic friend, let alone at a pond or creek.

I have a friend named Scott Madden so this caught my eye, but he's not from this area at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back