NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay,GW calls S K, telling him that he's in Vegas and asks Steven to attend the 11:00am PEC meeting at the ward. Steven says he's in Vegas, but would attend if needed. GW says he's enroute to St George himself, so will cover it himself. Call lasts about two minutes.

What was the point of the call if he was going to do it himself and was already enroute.

They need to have cadaver dogs go thru the search area. They should have done that Saturday---since they were looking for "remains".

I agree HB. And it is NOT true that cadaver dogs cannot hit on skeletal remains. I'm too tired to look it up - but it's on Wikipedia - and several other sites.

Okay,GW calls S K, telling him that he's in Vegas and asks Steven to attend the 11:00am PEC meeting at the ward. Steven says he's in Vegas, but would attend if needed. GW says he's enroute to St George himself, so will cover it himself. Call lasts about two minutes.

What was the point of the call if he was going to do it himself and was already enroute.

Oh RR, we have asked this question so many times, it's really not even funny. I don't expect EVER to get an answer to that, but I hope LE has!

Since we're kind of in limbo here right now, it might be a good time for each of us to go back and read through Steven's previous threads and look again at the timeline so we don't wind up rehashing everything. A lot of questions have already been addressed/answered. They can all be found on the timeline. And I can't think of a single theory that hasn't been tossed around - but I'm sure there is at least one 'cause here we still are! :crazy:

We need to find a way to move forward!

I agree. We have a slew of new people here who understandably are asking the same questions we posted months ago. However, we have been told not to tell them to read the old thread so this is what we are getting right now.

very frustrating.

This is a little OT, but I'm having a double's day. In SP's case, there was a pic of a man, who's last name is also Powell, also lived in the same area of Spokane in his prior years, as did the Powells..... And he looks just like Josh's dad in the face...Uncanny, remarkable and dumbfounded likeness. He's over the forensics unit of the Id. State Police. We were all absolutely certain it was Josh's uncle.
We were told by Josh's brother in law yesterday that there was no connection that he or Josh's sister knew of. Bizarre to say the least. I'm beginning to believe aliens are among us and cloning----some of them turn out bad and other's ok.

'cos he knows he's cutting it short and will probably be late?

Steven in the EQ, and according to GW, had always told him before if he wouldn't be at PEC.

I agree. We have a slew of new people here who understandably are asking the same questions we posted months ago. However, we have been told not to tell them to read the old thread so this is what we are getting right now.

very frustrating.

Told by whom? Why would someone dive into a case about which they know little or nothing?

I've been here since the beginning and I'm having trouble keeping all of the facts straight!

Per Hoppyfrog post #1 of this 10th thread. Edited and underlined by me:

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

1) Be a decent human being;

Some specifics about being “a decent human being”:

Being rude to our new posters or any poster for that matter, is against our TOS. If they ask a question you think has already been discussed, just pass on by it. Do not tell them to get up to speed before posting. That is rude and against our TOS.

so according to Hoppyfrog, we can't tell the newbies to read past posts so we either have to ignore them (not very friendly) or answer the same questions for the billionth time.

Oh RR, we have asked this question so many times, it's really not even funny. I don't expect EVER to get an answer to that, but I hope LE has!

They just proved on NG tonight with the HC case, that a cadaver dog can pick up a skeletal scent 40 years old.

If he thought Steven was right there in SG, then he would be closer....because he didn't know SK was in Vegas.

so according to Hoppyfrog, we can't tell the newbies to read past posts so we either have to ignore them (not very friendly) or answer the same questions for the billionth time.

Thanks. But I suggested we ALL refresh our memories. It's been months and, frankly, I'm having trouble keeping it all straight in my own mind.

Though, WR - I do believe your theory is the same today as it has been since day one. Kudos to you for sticking to your guns!

If he thought Steven was right there in SG, then he would be closer....because he didn't know SK was in Vegas.

Yes. Or did he? We know the call occurred. What cannot be verified is what was SAID in that call. Obviously, one of the participants is missing.

Thanks. But I suggested we ALL refresh our memories. It's been months and, frankly, I'm having trouble keeping it all straight in my own mind.

Though, WR - I do believe your theory is the same today as it has been since day one. Kudos to you for sticking to your guns!

I agree---it starts to get jumbled after a bit. I'm sticking to my (unmentionable) theory too.

Yes. Or did he? We know the call occurred. What cannot be verified is what was SAID in that call. Obviously, one of the participants is missing.

That's the scambling that we need to unscamble.

They just proved on NG tonight with the HC case, that a cadaver dog can pick up a skeletal scent 40 years old.

I thought it was interesting that the SP search last Saturday used cadaver dogs, while SK's search did not. They've both been gone nearly the same length of time.:waitasec:

I agree---it starts to get jumbled after a bit. I'm sticking to my (unmentionable) theory too.

Throw it out there holly - don't be shy! It can't be any crazier than things we've already discussed!

To be honest, I'm still working on the theory that Steven is alive. It dang near killed ME to go out searching for his remains last Saturday. But I did it.

I respect all opinions and theories, as should everyone, until the real answer comes. It's what we're here for.

'cos he knows he's cutting it short and will probably be late?

Steven in the EQ, and according to GW, had always told him before if he wouldn't be at PEC.

So that tells me...if Steven always told him, than GW already knew, and the phone call was about something else. :-) Just saying...

Well it just is as a matter of practicality. laytonian handles it very well by both adding a bit of comment but also posting links to relevant summaries. Some also provide a link to a past post as well. It's just a matter of impression to someone asking. In my software world the slighted TOS in question is known as replying to newbie questions with Read The Fine Manual/Article. :)

rd

With all our questions regarding GW, and the fact that GW was one of the last people to speak with SK...wouldn't LE and the PI have had all the same thoughts we have had? GW has to know this, if he's following these threads. IMO if I were the person being questioned I would offer a polygraph to clear my name, so that we all could get on to what really matters....finding SK.

Throw it out there holly - don't be shy! It can't be any crazier than things we've already discussed!

To be honest, I'm still working on the theory that Steven is alive. It dang near killed ME to go out searching for his remains last Saturday. But I did it.

I respect all opinions and theories, as should everyone, until the real answer comes. It's what we're here for.

As they should, but it doesn't always turn out that way Fairy1. I'm not shy about it...I think you know that. I feel I can't because of some people reading here. Like I said before, if either one of the cases is cracked...then I will tell you my theory. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris