NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
60 days is the max for cadaver dogs in that climate.

The PI and family are on top of things. I talked to the PI and he was careful with every detail. They definitely don't know all his personal contacts though.

They will solve the case. Our job is to help them.

Get the word out in St. George. Who or what talked Steve into going to Vegas? Tell St George there is a 10 grand reward.

Someone in Utah knows why he went to Vegas.

Sorry Gsmith, I have to disagree on the 60 days and cadaver dogs. They had a woman on NG tonight with her dog explaining. Bones can be detected for 40 years. Actually she is just coming on again now---atleast in my area. Watch it if you can.

Someone (?) posted recently that it is believed that Steven was harmed by a "group." What type of group would that be? A gang?

I don't understand where such a connection would have been made???

I've thought about what type of group it could be since a "group" was mentioned. The one that comes to my mind is drug dealers. If SK was unknowingly delivering and didn't know it and lost or threw away the "goods" because he didn't know what he had........ I know, I know, drug dogs sniffed the car. There are ways to beat the drug dogs. Hiding drugs in diapers are just one way that I've seen done.

Gang-doubt it
cult-doubt it
FLDS- highly doubt it
Aliens-possible :crazy:

Okay,GW calls S K, telling him that he's in Vegas and asks Steven to attend the 11:00am PEC meeting at the ward. Steven says he's in Vegas, but would attend if needed. GW says he's enroute to St George himself, so will cover it himself. Call lasts about two minutes.

What was the point of the call if he was going to do it himself and was already enroute.

So...If we only include "GW calls SK. He's in Vegas. Steven's in Vegas."

It establishes GW & SK were in Vegas at the same time.

So...If we only include "GW calls SK. He's in Vegas. Steven's in Vegas."

It establishes GW & SK were in Vegas at the same time.

Yes. We've known that for a long time. What we don't (really) know is IF there was any connection to them both being here or if GW knows more than what he's told.

We've been told to leave the GW angle alone. On my part, NO CAN DO. Until I know LE has cleared him, I feel there may be more there.

I've thought about what type of group it could be since a "group" was mentioned. The one that comes to my mind is drug dealers. If SK was unknowingly delivering and didn't know it and lost or threw away the "goods" because he didn't know what he had........ I know, I know, drug dogs sniffed the car. There are ways to beat the drug dogs. Hiding drugs in diapers are just one way that I've seen done.

Gang-doubt it
cult-doubt it
FLDS- highly doubt it
Aliens-possible :crazy:

I've gone over this in my head for a day, and the only thing I can come up with is along the same ideas as you.

gangs
mafia
drug cartel
young mob style attack
small group doing home invasion

another WS mentioned: job scam...like those posters placed on light poles

Us newbies look at things differently. Everyone in the victims arena is up to be sleuthed. We have no sacred cows.

I butted in because I was interested. Like on the playground when the kids don't let you play, you push in till you're accepted.

Lot of Rabbis, Ministers, Priests, Presidents, etc. have committed murder. Lots of people that portray themselves as "good christians that wouldn't hurt a fly" are convicted of the most heinous crimes.

(sometimes if you go back and read every post in every thread, you lose your objectivity & start buying into theories that have the regulars theories.)

Us newbies look at things differently. Everyone in the victims arena is up to be sleuthed. We have no sacred cows.

I butted in because I was interested. Like on the playground when the kids don't let you play, you push in till you're accepted.

Lot of Rabbis, Ministers, Priests, Presidents, etc. have committed murder. Lots of people that portray themselves as "good christians that wouldn't hurt a fly" are convicted of the most heinous crimes.

(sometimes if you go back and read every post in every thread, you lose your objectivity & start buying into theories that have the regulars theories.)

Welcome Paulette, I am glad you are here! You did not butt in, every one is welcome, and should feel welcome . Two heads are better then one, and everyone brings new life.

I have to mull (is that a word?) things around, here it over and over again.

And you are right, there are all kind of people who commit crimes, and we are always in shock . People will say "Oh he was such a good person". Or "she was so quiet." etc. But you never know....

gsmith yesterday, april 12, 12:51am #588

snipped: Steve's dad's theory was more a private thing because he doesn't want to hurt the investigation. He thinks it was a criminal act by a particular group and he thinks the police are investigating. I can tell you privately if you message me.

gsmith, must have made quite an impression upon Mr. Koecher. First time he's ever talked or met him, but Rolf told him his theory. If he told Naegle, she never said a word to us.

He stood by GW, and sat by both GW and the girl who works in the venetian blind shop (who he'd made the hometeaching appointment with).

He had a hometeaching appointment with that girl; could there have been a fall-out there? He never cancelled it. She just figured "something had come up".

ETA:
Thanks for the reminder. That makes TWO Church "callings" that he blew off on Dec 13th: his Elder's Quorum responsibilities and the later hometeaching appointment.

I don't know if it's a calling, but he also told SA that he would not be there on Wed for the basketball game when ask. So for all intent and purposes.....the church was aware that SK would be "unavailable" at least until the next Thursday.

I like your spunk. I think it is great that you newbies...sbakker, sin city, etc. are interested and care about Steven to help us try and figure this out. New visions and thoughts are welcome. I don't think you need to read all the threads, but if you only go back to read the first thread, it will give you a basis to see what we were given (details) and how we applied them (big pic). I really hope you do not lose your objectivity and your individual thoughts when doing this. I think you might see how we processed them and then you will get a big hmmmmmmmmm? It's easy to get caught up in something at the time it is taking place. That's why it's good for us to :waitasec: and go back ourselves. The timeline is a very good reference also. Naegle use to post here on line, but is now going through Laytonian to pass on info; plus the FB page of Steven. Anyway, just my :twocents: and welcome aboard to you all. Now let's do some sleuthing.

Were there any dogs at the search site at all?

Nope. The PI apparently said a dog could not pick up a scent after about 60 days. So I guess he was talking about scent dogs. They were looking for remains, so why no cadaver dogs?

I like your spunk. I think it is great that you newbies...sbakker, sin city, etc. are interested and care about Steven to help us try and figure this out. New visions and thoughts are welcome. I don't think you need to read all the threads, but if you only go back to read the first thread, it will give you a basis to see what we were given (details) and how we applied them (big pic). I really hope you do not lose your objectivity and your individual thoughts when doing this. I think you might see how we processed them and then you will get a big hmmmmmmmmm? It's easy to get caught up in something at the time it is taking place. That's why it's good for us to :waitasec: and go back ourselves. The timeline is a very good reference also. Naegle use to post here on line, but is now going through Laytonian to pass on info; plus the FB page of Steven. Anyway, just my :twocents: and welcome aboard to you all. Now let's do some sleuthing.

I think that's an excellent idea.

I think you should start with your own version of the timeline, that fits the scenario you have in mind.

Were there any dogs at the search site at all?
Yes, there were three dogs at the search but none of them were cadaver dogs...I made it a point to ask each of the owners if they were specifically cadaver dogs.

gsmith, must have made quite an impression upon Mr. Koecher. First time he's ever talked or met him, but Rolf told him his theory. If he told Naegle, she never said a word to us.

This is gsmith's first post, and as you can see, he made a big impression on
many people here on this thread. If I were Steven's father, I would want to talk to him for hours also. He is a friend of SK and SK was a member of
gsmith's wedding party. I think gsmith accepts SK as the person he is.

gsmith
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2010

friend of steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a friend of Steven. I met him while working a graveyard shift at FedEx ground a few years ago. I just wanted to share a few things about him. I talked to him last before he moved to St. George.

He is the nicest guy I know. He really couldn't hurt a soul. In fact my mom recently reminded me that when I first met him that I was concerned for his safety because he seemed a bit naive to the evils of the world. He just finds the good in people and I felt someone could take advantage of him.

He was one of my groomsmen. In fact he arrived an hour late to the events even after I reminded him a number of times of the correct place and time. He is very smart but needs time to gather his thoughts. Sometimes he would be in the middle of a story and all of a sudden pause for up to 20 seconds.

I usually hung out with him one on one so we talked about deep subjects. We had similar situations since we both had degrees and worked crappy jobs. He seemed concerned in our conversations that he wouldn't be able to support a family even if he could find the right girl to marry. A year ago I encouraged him to go back to school even if he had to live with his parents to afford it. He didn't like the idea at all. He seemed to not want to live with his parents nor go through the difficulty of school again.

He is very tuned to spiritual matters. Within a year before he moved to St. George he broke up with a girl because he felt god didn't want him to be with her. He was very troubled by it since she was just so perfect for him. During that time he told me he thought he had already missed the chance to be with god's chosen girl for him. He had had the chance but didn't go for her when she was available.

When he moved it was sudden. I didn't get a chance to really say goodbye in person. While down in St. George I called and texted him a few times but never heard from him. I just figured he never got my texts because he complained once how his phone didn't get my texts.

Here are a few other things about him:

He is a great tenis player. I never beat him. He could hit a ball incredibly hard.

He liked to play guitar and sing but I think he realized he wasn't good enough to make a career out of it. I am big into music and recording and he was a bit embarrassed to record.

When we ate out he'd get meals of only a few bucks to save money. He once "splurged" and got an 8 dollar meal at a fastfood place.

Once we met at a restaurant and he parked his car down the block. I thought it was so strange. He said he had missed the turn. I couldn't understand why he didn't just make a U turn since the street wasn't that busy.

During a few conversations with him he expressed the conflict in his mind. He said at times he felt uneasy and anxious with his day to day activities. I remember him saying he was trying a medication to help. It might have been a one time experiment though.

We'd always talk on the phone with a Russian accent. It was silly but it was fun. Steve is such an easy going guy.
He loved going to sporting games. He loved to do group activities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by gsmith; 03-03-2010 at 03:42 AM.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to gsmith For This Useful Post: Remove Your Thanks
Alcina, Canyon1, dizzylou, gogrannypop, grayjay, jbirddinky, Lato, laytonian, liz b., Malini2001, marcyjoy, Mia, ms_writer, pudd, renn3434, RubyRed, Sin City, webrocket

I think that's an excellent idea.

I think you should start with your own version of the timeline, that fits the scenario you have in mind.

Whoa.....this is a loss that all the information is no longer available. Anyone wanting to start from scratch could have just ignored the timeline already developed. I have been here from very early on and often used the timeline to test out a new theory.

Laytonian - I hope you have this information saved elsewhere....

So yes or no, there were dogs, lol??

Scent dogs but not cadaver...interesting given the amount of time that has passed since Steven disappeared. Cadaver would have made more sense if they were looking for a body, but I am a civilian who does not handle dogs, so. Hmm.

I have been pondering with the rest of you the statements attributed to Steven's dad about a group being responsible for his disappearance. They are an organized one for sure, or very, very lucky. If someone directed Steven to park in the cul de sac, then I am certain (jmo) they knew of the cameras on the house and their intention was to have his image captured on the video.

I suppose he could have had a disposable/prepaid phone he was using-is there such a thing for a computer as well? What if someone gave him a mini laptop and a wireless card to use??

Maybe you-all have covered all of this already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris