NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is important to clarify: Z knows SK is missing and he HAS been questioned by LE..

KCN on QA-2 page:

"Q: I wonder if the police have confirmed where Steven's ex roommate was on the day he dissapeared.
A: Yes, they seem to be satisfied he was not involves. He still gives me the creeps."

ETA:
Z left the house either at the end of Oct or very early November (six weeks or so, before SK disappeared).
Since the police were able to question him, that means his whereabouts were known and he was still in St George in late December.

Thank you - I had forgotten that. Though I don't have oodles of confidence they were very aggressive.

Is sk's family or the PI or KC, asking any questions to any of you? Or saying anything about Websleuth? Do they want us to continue? Are they getting any clues? I do not know about anyone else, but hey, are we in the dark, are we leasrning anything, getting a yeah or a no on what we are doing? Just thinking outloud-frustrated I guess.

Nothing as far as I know. Though I'm quite certain they know we're still here. ;)

Is sk's family or the PI or KC, asking any questions to any of you? Or saying anything about Websleuth?

No.

Do they want us to continue? Are they getting any clues? I do not know about anyone else, but hey, are we in the dark, are we leasrning anything, getting a yeah or a no on what we are doing? Just thinking outloud-frustrated I guess.

I hadn't heard from KCN for awhile, so I sent her a chatty "how ya doin'" a couple of weeks ago -- and I heard from her last night.

It sounds to me like the PI is still on the job, and has had some good help. But he's keeping it close to the vest. I think the "no leaks" rule is in effect, because KCN doesn't even know the details.

Sunday June 13th is exactly six months from when Steven was last heard from. I think some more publicity may be planned, and I offered our help. It'd be a good time for an update in the media, obviously.

No.

I hadn't heard from KCN for awhile, so I sent her a chatty "how ya doin'" a couple of weeks ago -- and I heard from her last night.

It sounds to me like the PI is still on the job, and has had some good help. But he's keeping it close to the vest. I think the "no leaks" rule is in effect, because KCN doesn't even know the details.

Sunday June 13th is exactly six months from when Steven was last heard from. I think some more publicity may be planned, and I offered our help. It'd be a good time for an update in the media, obviously.

I hope there is something soon. It's a little difficult to believe we've gone from a "credible" tip leading to a search to absolute silence for the past 2 months.

I hope there is something soon. It's a little difficult to believe we've gone from a "credible" tip leading to a search to absolute silence for the past 2 months.

It's entirely possible that the search turned up something that no one there, realizes.

How long was the trailer parked there? All night?

It's entirely possible that the search turned up something that no one there, realizes.

How long was the trailer parked there? All night?

Don't know. You mean the night after the search?

Don't know. You mean the night after the search?

BEFORE the search. Remember, it was publicized that searchers meet "by the trailer". (Like maybe to see who went out there the night before.)

BEFORE the search. Remember, it was publicized that searchers meet "by the trailer". (Like maybe to see who went out there the night before.)

I do. I was hoping they stayed AFTER and thoroughly checked out all the flagged areas.

I do. I was hoping they stayed AFTER and thoroughly checked out all the flagged areas.

They did.

But I'm talking about something else, involving the ability to keep an eye on an area before a search. Like to see who shows up.

They did.

But I'm talking about something else, involving the ability to keep an eye on an area before a search. Like to see who shows up.

I hope they did that immediately after the search was publicly announced.

No.

I checked his FB and didn't see anything planned under events or on the wall. Is there something planned for the six month mark?

I checked his FB and didn't see anything planned under events or on the wall. Is there something planned for the six month mark?

I think KCN's working with someone, to get some "it's been six months" media coverage.

I think KCN's working with someone, to get some "it's been six months" media coverage.

I sure hope so. And i think we are a great resource, if I do not mind saying myself. We are people from all over. Many of us have talents, expertise, or know of people to help. So, I hope she reads this, and knows we want to help.

I sure hope so. And i think we are a great resource, if I do not mind saying myself. We are people from all over. Many of us have talents, expertise, or know of people to help. So, I hope she reads this, and knows we want to help.

She knows we're here to help, if asked; I reminded her of that in the email exchange.

I hope there will be some new press - at least.

I notice that the local news station I watch - KVBC (NBC affiliate) - is doing more coverage on missing persons cases lately. They showed three new cases just tonight. And interesting to note - all vehicles found, all people missing. And very different circumstances.

No I'M sorry. You expressed yourself just fine, I'm just annoyed with the whole murdered-in-Vegas-by-whoever-he-was-working-for scenario and I took it out on you. I apologize. :truce:

I have long considered that Steven had more money than we believe. Though I don't necessarily feel it was tied to anything illegal - whether he was aware or not. And if that is the case, my guess is that he was saving up to take off - otherwise, someone in his life would have known about it and he would have been paying his bills in St. George.

The thing about this scenario and the illegal deliveries/murdered scenario is that both explain the two factors that defy explanation; the driving all over for no logical reason, and the complete lack of a trail to his final destination.

****************sigh**************

No problem, no offense taken, and thanks for explaining.

I agree with you about many things about the situation. SK's financial situation is one of them. He just doesn't act like it's as dire as it seems on the surface.

If the so-called credible tip was that search of the field, then this PI needs a new line of work. Pure theater, no substance.

No problem, no offense taken, and thanks for explaining.

I agree with you about many things about the situation. SK's financial situation is one of them. He just doesn't act like it's as dire as it seems on the surface.

You know, now that you mention it, I remembered a thought I had a couple of days ago when I was not near a computer....

We've been told by more than one person who knows Steven that finding a good job was at the top of his list of priorities. Yet, IIRC, we have also been told that there were several copies of his resume and unsent job applications found in his room. And laytonian has mentioned several times that there were plenty of jobs to be had in St. George. Yet Steven was still doing his thing (???) for TH and spending time driving around. It just doesn't seem to me that he WAS trying very hard and it seems unlikely that he would have skipped church & duty for a job interview in Las Vegas on a Sunday - whatever the circumstances.

Nope. I just don't think his being here had anything to do with potential employment.

I hope there will be some new press - at least.

I notice that the local news station I watch - KVBC (NBC affiliate) - is doing more coverage on missing persons cases lately. They showed three new cases just tonight. And interesting to note - all vehicles found, all people missing. And very different circumstances.

Thanks for reminding me of that station. I just found the quote I'd been looking for here: KVBC.com.

For those who wonder why the family was so frustrated and have had to bear the burden of the investigation, why the car was never fingerprinted when it was in SCA, or why they had to bring drug dogs in themselves, later:
"Henderson police say they have absolutely no evidence of foul play."

Notice: "absolutely".
I've got that archived on the timeline now!

You know, now that you mention it, I remembered a thought I had a couple of days ago when I was not near a computer....

We've been told by more than one person who knows Steven that finding a good job was at the top of his list of priorities. Yet, IIRC, we have also been told that there were several copies of his resume and unsent job applications found in his room. And laytonian has mentioned several times that there were plenty of jobs to be had in St. George. Yet Steven was still doing his thing (???) for TH and spending time driving around. It just doesn't seem to me that he WAS trying very hard and it seems unlikely that he would have skipped church & duty for a job interview in Las Vegas on a Sunday - whatever the circumstances.

Nope. I just don't think his being here had anything to do with potential employment.

The word "potential" is important; I've never believed the "he went there for a Sunday-at-noon job interview" theory.

He may have been there for some purpose (to complete something employment-related, debt-related, personal).....but if there were job interviews being held in SCA, there's never been a mention of other interviewees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom