NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about this.

I can buy maybe a few details of this being true, but not all the details.

My first take was that the OP was a troll or maybe just totally mistaken about identities. I just don't know.

My main issue is IF Steven was a regular at this place more than a few people would have known about it. I would imagine that SOMEONE would have come forward to talk about his being there time and time again, even if there weren't additional details revealed. This is a pretty famous case after all.

Yeah it's just a bunch of rambling but I thought it was interesting.

I am always skeptical when I see a series of statements that claim inside information but the specifics are posted on the www rather than given to LE.

Personally, I think the continued attempt to link these two cases is painful to both Steven's family and Susan's family. While I find a lot of mystery surrounding the disappearance of SK, I dont think there is any regarding Susan's with the exception of where she is buried.

JMVHO.

I am always skeptical when I see a series of statements that claim inside information but the specifics are posted on the www rather than given to LE.

Personally, I think the continued attempt to link these two cases is painful to both Steven's family and Susan's family. While I find a lot of mystery surrounding the disappearance of SK, I dont think there is any regarding Susan's with the exception of where she is buried.

JMVHO.

I never latched onto the Steven-Susan theories but Josh Powell was a VERY disturbed man who most likely killed his wife and attacked his own children with an axe and then blew them up. I would not put anything past a man like that.

Has anyone ever read this? I just found it after googling “Steven Koecher bar” and clicking on this link: http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t55884.htm

I have refrained from coming forward as I didn't trust the heads of the SGPD at the time, but I have information on the Koecher case and probably the Powell case that should positively be thoroughly investigated.

On December 7th 2009, someone matching Josh Powell's description entered a Strip Club. It was either Josh himself or his brother who were at that club. I remember a lot of things about them, and they weren't shy of drinking.

I have a photographic memory and have refrained from any discussion. In the summer of 2009, I saw Stephen Koecher alive several different times over near the official Saint George Utah bar.

They call this place "The One and Only". I knew Steven Koecher from around that area specifically Dixie State, but just never got to know him. On more than one occasion I saw a car that matched this description, parked outside of "The One and Only" official bar.
http://thesop.org/attachments/2010-002/244..._1298240411.jpg

This somewhat destroys the story that Powell has never been to St. George or been seen near Koecher's place. Later that year in December, I officially attended "The One and Only" after having an altercation earlier. I was nearly arrested for simply walking around Dixie College, so already I had been very distrusting of officers. The whole day was spent avoiding any further contact with police and those who attended this bar were there for similar reasons.

I met Steven Koecher at "The One and Only" in December of 2009 and got to know him better. He was a cool bloke, and we became first-name friends. Definitely not perfect but no one who would just run away either. Most of us in the bar were Mormon, and only use cash for payment. At approx 10 PM, a young man arrived in from New York asking where all the bars and strip clubs were.

He asked me off the bat and his friend asks me where to get drugs for official distribution. Assuming I know the police scene, he wants the lo-down on me getting drugs back to their suppliers. For a minute there I even penned him as being an informant, but wrote it off. He asked Steven and Jim similar. Young, about twenty four mentioning Powell's name. Powell, meaning Josh's brother was in the bar. I saw Powell and I swear that the younger guy was doing errands for him.

I asked Steven Koecher where he was going so late, and he said into Vegas due to "debt problems". Jim, one of the other regulars suggested they were hitting the Vegas strip clubs and he was going to get a face full of *advertiser censored*. I was speaking out loud about Swine Flu, as Steven was concerned about the connections between law enforcement and the Swine Flu. He said he was going into Las Vegas to get answers about the Flu, which greatly shocked me as days prior I had gotten deathly sick with the Swine Flu but managed to beat the disease using Colloidal Silver. Koecher believed Harry Reid had something to do with Swine Flu, and besides taking a load off in the clubs, he wanted to get into Nevada to investigate. Made no sense to me. I was asked three separate times by Powell's friend, to obtain drugs when I told him off. Most of the people in the bar were members of the Southern Utah Militia which I wanted to join. I asked Jim, outside of earshot of Powell, where I could go to get a loaded gun with a permit. He gave me the name of James over at Garts Brothers. I was fed up with law enforcement and most people there, including this Powell character, seemed to enjoy thrashing Obama especially Jim and Steve Koecher. A young woman who looked disturbingly like Susan Powell, was having a drink on the other side of the bar while the younger Powell made snide jokes near the bartender.

Something was very wrong here as Steve acted like he knew me, even though we didn't know each other that well.

One weekday not long before this incident, I had been walking near South River Road in Saint George and law enforcement stopped me and demanded my name. They asked me if I was Jay Stephens, the Jay Stephens from Dixie Campus. I said "Yes". It turns out Steven Koecher & Jay Stephens were very good friends, even going to the same branch. I look nearly just like Koecher's friend Jay Stephens. Koecher mistook me for being him, and I've wondered what truly happened ever since. One thing is for sure, my friend Koecher was concerned about Swine Flu; had a loaded shotgun and was never heard from again that same day/night. Powell the younger was at that bar, and I've wanted to know what happened ever since.

That wasn't the last time I came across Powell. Later after investigating the Militia and looking for a way to join, I attended a huge party at the Elk's Lodge in Saint George, Utah. I had heard about this place before but figured it was only rumors. I remember seeing Cody and a man matching the profile of Josh Powell, running around inside the Lodge, dancing and drinking. Elk's Lodge in Saint George is one of the biggest hot spots in Southern Utah if you want to make an impression. At this time, Koecher had disappeared so I was very upset and looking into what in the hell could have happened the night he mentioned his debt problem. I drank a Corona Extra and followed Powell and another man, Randy, around the party. The guy from the One and Only was there who had asked me about the drugs, I never forget a face. It was truly chilling to see any of these guys as I barely ever follow the news, fearing city cops are truly corrupt. I knew there was something way off with the outlandish way they were acting, especially Tyler who is interested in pot.

Has anyone ever read this? I just found it after googling “Steven Koecher bar” and clicking on this link: http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t55884.htm

Why Koecher would visit a bar where Powell also happened to show up in December of 2009, is absolutely beyond me to understand. I could tell Koech was more like my friend Greg when not in the bar, down to earth, straight, concerned for his whole city. I have no idea whatsoever what would possess Koecher to act like he did that night, nor can I explain the Susan Powell sighting being at an alcoholic bar they frequent. All I do know is it gnawed at my conscience and would not let go. "The One and Only" is only a good 30 miles away from an abandoned road in Saint George, two hours away from the Las Vegas subdivision and Henderson, Nevada.

Several men made mention of going out to Henderson Nevada to hit the clubs, specifically Jim, Collin, Matt, Steven Koecher and the odd man from New York. It was strange for me because the Powell man, the guy who had just got here from New York, rushed into me and asked me where to get the drugs. I had never seen this guy before in my life is why it was odd. He clearly was connected to the Powell brothers, as he acted like he had never been in Utah and had Henderson, Nevada as a clear-cut focus.

I don't know what brought up all the ruckus about Henderson, NV, but I also don't know what possessed me to ask to join a militia. I carry a taser gun on me at all times. Saint George Police identified me as being Jay Stephens several times, so I never would have come forward with any of this to them. They aren't well trusted inside the gated community.

I just want to know the truth about Koecher and what actually happened to him. Going by what we witnessed, I have no idea how Josh Powell could claim to have never known Steven Koecher. I also can't add up the story that shows Powell knew each and every single thing about Koecher's whereabouts, in the time-line leading up to December 20, 2009 without him personally knowing Steve Koecher beyond a reasonable doubt. I also refuse to believe Powell could come up with such a detailed story about his wife and Koecher, if he did not have personal interactions including of/and around his apartment.

I have not a single clue how Powell became obsessed with this city known as Henderson, Nevada but I want to get to the bottom of that place, because this is the city that was mentioned over & over at "The One and Only" obviously. Also the bars only accept cash for the most part, it keeps cops out because apparently credit cards just aren't used to buy drinks or talk business.

A few of the members at the bar were Militia members and nearly all of them Mormon. Powell and the drug addict are the ones who stood out the most, like loose screws possibly. The girl in question's face definitely appeared to be Susan though I'm not sure she was cognizant.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WXLFWO0XInQ/TFZv...0/st.george.jpg
She had been friends with these girls, seen posing in front of a Temple, which contradicts the story that she never had seen Saint George. I suspect there is a lot of contradictions no one has a clue about.

This is the man seen more than once at Elks Lodge. At times, people carried some type of drug like pot in order to pass it around.
http://www.ksl.com/emedia/slc/1661/166147/16614751.jpg

I suspect more and more that Steven wasn't telling me the full truth and he was in a financial crunch of some kind. I suspect that Josh Powell knew Steven Koecher directly, even to the point of knowing Steve was becoming a Militia member and taking trips to Nevada. I suspect that not only did Josh concoct the story, but Susan and Steven really were having an affair for certain. Josh found out about it and rather than snap, Josh enlisted Steven's help to get rid of her. Because he is disturbed, Josh had to create the perfect alibi. I have seen this repeatedly in three-way insurance scams. Josh hangs a financial golden carrot above Steven's head, if he will manage to get Susan out of the way and plant a story that reads like Steven and Susan ran away together. Steven could take Susan off to the tropics, before getting on a boat to Brazil using passports paid for by Josh's company. It would look official, like Steven had run off with her. Then Josh would collect half the insurance money or Steven would collect it and pretend to hand it to Josh. Only there was disagreement, so I suspect Josh had to delete all the computer records. The files on Koecher's hard drive probably reveal how Josh and Koecher were acquainted. Josh became jealous of Koecher, ordered him to a remote location and threatened his life.

Koecher, then following orders tried to make Susan disappear. When Susan reappeared, Josh threatened to kill him; but Susan then interrupted and hassled Josh about the policy money. Due to the altercation, something happened where Susan "accidentally" fell over and killed herself with the help of circumstances known only to Steven or Josh. The murder was never intentional, that is why since all this time, Josh has been acting so distraught.

Steven is hopefully, in my best guess......alive assuming a disguise somewhere. The alternative scenario with Susan is they are both alive, and Steven's father was killed due to "poisoning" just in case he didn't keep Susan kidnapped. Steven's dad was a very big Newspaper Editor for the Salt Lake Tribune, who could have blown this story wide apart....had Josh's family allowed him any chance to survive. If Steven is alive, I firmly believe he must know that his dad was poisoned. I have never known this Steven Koecher to be someone who would willingly hurt somebody, so in my observation....Josh or someone above...was dangling a carrot and forcing Steve to do back-flips in order to financially not go homeless. Then Josh would pin the kidnapping or murder on my friend Koecher who I cannot believe ever wanted anything to do with Henderson, Nevada.

I'm looking at the time lines and the facts as I know. I believe all pre-paid calls to and from Steven Koecher's phone should be subpoenaed, and any calls between Jay Stephens & Steve Koecher as they could provide a huge amount of evidence. It will tell the tale if/when Steve Koecher's friends confess he was seeing Susan, and had met them at least one time at a bar. I just want to know what Koecher was into once and for all. I know none of it adds up. Koecher was a Ron Paul advocate just like myself, he would never have traveled to Henderson, Nevada if there wasn't something big there.

Honestly, I truly don't understand how anyone reading any of this drivel could actually believe a word of it. But that's just MOHO.

Steven's phone records were investigated and there was nothing, whatsoever, that led to SCA. In addition, there has NEVER been one iota of evidence that Steven's and Susan's paths ever crossed - ever. I don't understand why this angle is still even being considered, based on what's transpired in the years since they both went missing.

Someone who was in Steven's life when he went missing is a career criminal and has been arrested multiple times. Until LE pressures him in relation to this case, I don't believe Steven's fate will ever be known - unless by chance.

The area where Steven's phone last pinged is, as swjaxon says, a large desert area. Every time I go by there, I think, "he's there." But unless the big, bad, arrogant PI hired by the family (or LE) launches a search there, he won't be found. IMO.

Incidentally, Henderson is a suburb of Las Vegas. If anyone wanted to go to "clubs" of any kind, Henderson is not the place. And certainly not in Sun City Anthem - a retirement community - at noon on a Sunday.

I also feel like Steven must be in the large desert area. His family could start a fundraising website to raise money for a search. I would be happy to donate to it. The cel pings tell a story that can't be ignored. I'm just confused as to how there is no link to SCA in Steven's cel history. It must have come up verbally, which I know was discussed earlier on the thread. I would be very interested in any career criminals that associated with Steven. Also, I would like to know why a friend of Steven's was in Las Vegas at the same time Steven was in Henderson. I believe they spoke on the day Steven went missing.

I also feel like Steven must be in the large desert area. His family could start a fundraising website to raise money for a search. I would be happy to donate to it. The cel pings tell a story that can't be ignored. I'm just confused as to how there is no link to SCA in Steven's cel history. It must have come up verbally, which I know was discussed earlier on the thread. I would be very interested in any career criminals that associated with Steven. Also, I would like to know why a friend of Steven's was in Las Vegas at the same time Steven was in Henderson. I believe they spoke on the day Steven went missing.

I'm not sure there being no plans for future searches is due to a lack of funds. IMO, the area I feel needs to be searched would require a sophisticated search team.

No link to SCA was discovered in any of Steven's communications - electronic or otherwise. No cell calls, no computer searches or correspondence. Nothing. The friend that Steven spoke to the morning he went missing had spent the weekend with friends in Vegas. He was returning to St. George as Steven was on his way to Vegas. They literally passed one another on the highway. The friend wasn't sure he would be back in St. George in time to fulfill his church duties and was calling to ask Steven if he could cover for him. Steven did say he was going to Vegas but offered to turn around and go back if the friend needed him to. That tells me whatever he was doing here wasn't really critical - to him. That call took place hours before Steven appeared on the video in SCA. What he did in the interim is anyone's guess.

I should add that the account of that conversation was given by only one of the two people on the call. As a woman, I have always found it odd that the friend didn't ask Steven why he was going to Vegas and that Steven didn't offer the information. That said, I have brothers, a husband and a son so I know guys don't share the way women generally do. Still.....it bugs me.

That said, I have brothers, a husband and a son so I know guys don't share the way women generally do.

I'm glad you wrote this. I've never had a problem with this fact, and I know some people don't understand why. My wife has given me the nickname "Strong Silent Steve" because I share so little with people. So from my personal, anecdotal experience, it doesn't strike me odd in the least. But I can see how it would for others.

Well I would assume a sophisticated search of a large area would cost a lot. I don't know LE's exact stance on searching, but swjaxon mentioned they declined to search because of the large size of the area. I just assumed it was because of the cost involved.

I'm not sure there being no plans for future searches is due to a lack of funds. IMO, the area I feel needs to be searched would require a sophisticated search team.

No link to SCA was discovered in any of Steven's communications - electronic or otherwise. No cell calls, no computer searches or correspondence. Nothing. The friend that Steven spoke to the morning he went missing had spent the weekend with friends in Vegas. He was returning to St. George as Steven was on his way to Vegas. They literally passed one another on the highway. The friend wasn't sure he would be back in St. George in time to fulfill his church duties and was calling to ask Steven if he could cover for him. Steven did say he was going to Vegas but offered to turn around and go back if the friend needed him to. That tells me whatever he was doing here wasn't really critical - to him. That call took place hours before Steven appeared on the video in SCA. What he did in the interim is anyone's guess.

So what do you think happened to Steven?

So what do you think happened to Steven?

For a long time, I believed Steven did just walk away. Who could blame him? But in the years since he went missing, I have come to believe he came to harm. I do not believe he committed suicide. I think it's possible he was sent on an "errand" by someone he knew and found himself in way over his head.

I do believe if LE ever goes down the right track, the search(es) will happen. The challenge is getting them to do their job investigating Steven's disappearance. Much easier said than done, I'm afraid.

For a long time, I believed Steven did just walk away. Who could blame him? But in the years since he went missing, I have come to believe he came to harm. I do not believe he committed suicide. I think it's possible he was sent on an "errand" by someone he knew and found himself in way over his head.

I do believe if LE ever goes down the right track, the search(es) will happen. The challenge is getting them to do their job investigating Steven's disappearance. Much easier said than done, I'm afraid.

I agree with you. Do you think it goes back to the friend that was in Vegas at the same time SK was in Henderson? Do you think it is related to all of that driving around he was doing before hand?
I wonder if the family is pushing LE or if they have just kind of resigned themselves.

Landlord or roommate?

<modsnip>

Well think about this:

a) Steven owed the landlord money
b) The landlord was calling Steven the day he went missing & was the last person to either call or receive a text/call from Steven (according to the ping map)
c) There was a rumor the landlord never tried to call/text Steven after the day he went missing. If this is true, this would indicate the landlord knew Steven wouldn't be answering his phone. How would the landlord know that?
d) <modsnip>

There is no arrow directly pointing to the landlord but all this stuff kinda makes you wonder...

Well I would assume a sophisticated search of a large area would cost a lot. I don't know LE's exact stance on searching, but swjaxon mentioned they declined to search because of the large size of the area. I just assumed it was because of the cost involved.

I don't think it's a cost thing, but rather a size issue. I think the family is happy to do searches, but pinning down an area to search seems almost impossible.

The driving all over the place still bothers me. Was he scared? Trying to make a decision? doing errands?

The driving all over the place still bothers me. Was he scared? Trying to make a decision? doing errands?

Me too. If we could find the answer to this question I believe it would help explain his disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3