NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're assuming the crime began in Las Vegas-Henderson.

I'm assuming there's a good possibility it began in St George OR another place where he had face-to-face contact.

I agree totally. I'm just trying to find some logical thread we can use to move forward.

I also believe that Steven's travels prior to going missing are connected to his disappearance in some way.

He may have thought he was doing something for the Elders Q.- a project. Or a good opporunity, to visit another singles ward, to meet some single women,just some thoughts.

Wouldn't the EQ know about it...especially since he missed his own EQ meeting? (Not sure about a singles ward within walking distance of where that car was left....and if so, why wouldn't he just have driven there and parked?)

Maybe the person meeting Steven said, I will meet you in front of my grammas, aunt, friend, etc. Maybe he said I spent the night here, and they are gone, so I will just meet you out front, an d we will take my car.....a thought.

I agree totally. I'm just trying to find some logical thread we can use to move forward.

I also believe that Steven's travels prior to going missing are connected to his disappearance in some way.

I do, too.

On the Ruby Valley trip:
If he'd left soon after the temple ceremonies, he'd have about four hours to spare. AND...the Ruby Valley trip would have given him "cover" for his travels. But there's no time for a stop in Sacramento. At all.

Although it's also logical that Ruby Valley was his destination, the OTHER drives (Dec 12th at least as far as Overton) and Dec 13th to Vegas, arouse suspicion.

Earning morning.....or working off a debt?

Who might have called the VM on Steven's phone on the 14th.And why ?

Maybe the person meeting Steven said, I will meet you in front of my grammas, aunt, friend, etc. Maybe he said I spent the night here, and they are gone, so I will just meet you out front, an d we will take my car.....a thought.

That's pretty much the scenario for "an appointment and the other person drove"....but that's a shifty EQ or singles ward member -- and what happened next?

I'm always game for a good "what if"...if there's more than the "if" ;)

Who might have called the VM on Steven's phone on the 14th.And why ?

Steven?
Checking his voicemail?

Some stranger/elderly patrol member, who found the phone on the ground, and checked to see if the owner had called their own phone because they'd lost it somewhere? Then it went dead, so they just discarded it?

Obviously, LE knows how long the call was, and how many messages (if any) were checked. There may not have been any new messages.

Ya know, I've been sitting here for almost two months with a scenario, I practically shout it out every time we post scenarios....and everyone else is on the GW bus. ;)

I do, too.

On the Ruby Valley trip:
If he'd left soon after the temple ceremonies, he'd have about four hours to spare. AND...the Ruby Valley trip would have given him "cover" for his travels. But there's no time for a stop in Sacramento. At all.

Although it's also logical that Ruby Valley was his destination, the OTHER drives (Dec 12th at least as far as Overton) and Dec 13th to Vegas, arouse suspicion.

Earning morning.....or working off a debt?

Yeah - but why so secretive? And why even attend the temple ceremonies at all?

I've always believed the Sacramento mention was just an off-the-cuff comment. Or an attempt to explain his being there. A feeble attempt.

Yeah - but why so secretive?

Secretive, or just didn't feel it was anyone else's business. His parents only talked to him about once a week. He hadn't told them he was three months behind on his rent, either.

And why even attend the temple ceremonies at all?

Likely obligated in advanced. There's a certain number of names to be "sealed", and there should be a certain number of people to do that. Some of the names may have been a result of his own family research, others would be submitted for temple work by family researchers.

There's an interesting and kinda humorous official LDS forum page about "ward temple night" here: LINK Scroll down a bit and read Valjean's comment.

I've always believed the Sacramento mention was just an off-the-cuff comment. Or an attempt to explain his being there. A feeble attempt.

Yup. Dual purpose. The visit to the ranch may also give him "an alibi" for that particular trip.

Yeah - but why so secretive? And why even attend the temple ceremonies at all?

bbm Sometimes , though there can be a little bit of truth in what is said. So maybe it wasn't Sacramento, but elsewhere in Ca.

bbm Sometimes , though there can be a little bit of truth in what is said. So maybe it wasn't Sacramento, but elsewhere in Ca.

True - and this is one direction we haven't really explored simply because there is absolutely nothing to lead us there, but for that one comment.

I believe it was someone Steven knew. He was meeting someone he knew, and there was something the person told him they were going to do that he was excited about. Maybe the other person said, "let's visit a singles ward down here, or do a volunteer project, etc. But that person who got Steven to believe they were going to do something,knew how naive (sp?) Steven was, and for some reason he needed to cover something up(Steven knew about) or wanted to hurt Steven, or knew was easy to prey upon. Maybe they had a plan to do some things, because they were friends(or Steven thought they were) and the "friend" led him astray.

There has been alot of mention of this on Steven. This could happen to any of us, just not someone naive. There are predators out there for every reason you could think of, and more. Some people don't follow the golden rule. Some people are just evil, mean, or not running on all cylinders. It could be a close friend, relative or just someone he knew casually. Maybe, someone he did not know at all personally, that set him up...just because.
Steven wouldn't have to have even a glimpse of dark side in his being, and this could have happened.
Not wanting to seem paranoid or make anyone paranoid, but these things do exist and happen everyday. Seems like more and more. Look at the bucko who crashed his plane into the IRS building awhile back. The people effected by that were not naive, just victims of someone they didn't know. Perception is in the eyes of the beholder.

Laytonian :
Or someone deleting a voicemail ? Maybe the travelling around/ cause of his disappearance, and the GW scenarios aren't mutually exclusive at all... Just a thought.

Laytonian :
Or someone deleting a voicemail ? Maybe the travelling around/ cause of his disappearance, and the GW scenarios aren't mutually exclusive at all... Just a thought.

JMO, but if someone is smart enough to pull off SK's disappearance, they may be smart enough not to leave a vm at all. The fewer ties, the better.

Can you give us a rough outline of how that would have worked?

Laytonian :

There'd still be a record of the voicemail, in his account records. Deleting it just removes it from your phone.

Can you give us a rough outline of how that would have worked?

We know it didn't happen that day. And it would be silly to drive south to Las Vegas if your destination was northern California.

We know it didn't happen that day. And it would be silly to drive south to Las Vegas if your destination was northern California.

I agree. First of all, there's no other receipts or bank records.

Even IF he left right after ward temple night and went somewhere else before arriving in Ruby Valley at 11am, that's 4-5 hours of additional driving. More gas, at least one more food receipt......and even more need to pull over and sleep in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member