NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give us a rough outline of how that would have worked?

-He didn't like weather , preferred something warmer.
- Jobs were not working out for him.
- social life aside from church wasn't much.
-perhaps was interested in pursuing another lifestyle, that wouldn't be accepted.
-could have answered a ride share ad on Craig list, through other means than his cell. I posted earlier that on Craig list you could get a ride to just about anyplace, some just wanted company on the trip . So money would not be needed.
-maybe he did go with someone , but expected to return. Some ads the trips are supposedly there and back.
Maybe there was a plan to go to Sac and that is why he mentioned it. Could be an indirect connection through someone he had talked to.
He had mentioned he loved the beach.
Maybe he hooked up with an OTR truck driver, no need to get a place to sleep and fuel is taken care of. There are women truckers. I am one of them. There are many male truckers who will take someone for company, Anything is possible

That is the best I can come up with, there still are so many unanswered questions. I mean did he not share any of his hopes and dreams with anyone? If GW did not ask him what he was doing in Vegas, than it is because GW did not give a s**t. My opinion he was no friend.
-

-He didn't like weather , preferred something warmer.
- Jobs were not working out for him.
- social life aside from church wasn't much.
-perhaps was interested in pursuing another lifestyle, that wouldn't be accepted.
-could have answered a ride share ad on Craig list, through other means than his cell. I posted earlier that on Craig list you could get a ride to just about anyplace, some just wanted company on the trip . So money would not be needed.
-maybe he did go with someone , but expected to return. Some ads the trips are supposedly there and back.
Maybe there was a plan to go to Sac and that is why he mentioned it. Could be an indirect connection through someone he had talked to.
He had mentioned he loved the beach.
Maybe he hooked up with an OTR truck driver, no need to get a place to sleep and fuel is taken care of. There are women truckers. I am one of them. There are many male truckers who will take someone for company, Anything is possible

That is the best I can come up with, there still are so many unanswered questions. I mean did he not share any of his hopes and dreams with anyone? If GW did not ask him what he was doing in Vegas, than it is because GW did not give a s**t. My opinion he was no friend.
-

Without using his computer or cellphone, I think he'd be reduced to face-to-face, a 3x5 card on a bulletin board, or an alternate TracFone thing.

Problem is: if you're leaving for another life, there's no reason to leave your computer behind. All that would show up, is if you used a known email address on a known website, and an ISP IP....which he didn't have, anyway.
And no clean underwear?

I'm pretty much down to two theories: (1) He didn't plan to be gone long, or (2) He didn't plan to return and knew he wouldn't need any of his possessions.

Naegle's told us about his hopes and dreams. A simple life, a life partner, kids. Pretty basic stuff. If he told someone else, they haven't come forward. THEN AGAIN....look how long it took for anyone to mention that he'd been at ward temple night on Dec 9th?

Without using his computer or cellphone, I think he'd be reduced to face-to-face, a 3x5 card on a bulletin board, or an alternate TracFone thing.

Problem is: if you're leaving for another life, there's no reason to leave your computer behind. All that would show up, is if you used a known email address on a known website, and an ISP IP....which he didn't have, anyway.
And no clean underwear?

I'm pretty much down to two theories: (1) He didn't plan to be gone long, or (2) He didn't plan to return and knew he wouldn't need any of his possessions.

Naegle's told us about his hopes and dreams. A simple life, a life partner, kids. Pretty basic stuff. If he told someone else, they haven't come forward. THEN AGAIN....look how long it took for anyone to mention that he'd been at ward temple night on Dec 9th?

This is interesting. The mother in the presser said he was in northern Utah on the 9th and 10th. No mention of the lately discovered finding of the ward temple night. Nor confirmation from Naegle. This seems like something he would have discussed with family during their phone conversations--being a formal event. How could he be in two places at one time?

Steven may not have a dark side. But there apparently is a secret side to him that no one was aware of. No clue to someone who was so involved in the church, that he took the day "off" to be in a place that no one knows why or has any connection to.

[/B]

This is interesting. The mother in the presser said he was in northern Utah on the 9th and 10th. No mention of the lately discovered finding of the ward temple night. Nor confirmation from Naegle. This seems like something he would have discussed with family during their phone conversations--being a formal event. How could he be in two places at one time?

He obviously wasn't -- which is why I shifted the date of the Ruby Valley trip.

I don't get the idea that the family pays attention to WS, and even if they did, it's entirely possible that he was in "Northern Utah" late on Dec 9th.

OK. Since you're obviously saying someone is lying, who is it?
And where's your evidence of that?

The evidence is in the mother's statement at presser. Steven was in northern Utah on the 9th and 10th.

The Koecher family is offering money in hopes of enticing someone who knows something, to come forward to help police find and arrest the person responsible for Steven's abduction.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...e-resident-Steven/SnTsyuXY3U2tIVuiONxXAw.cspx

If this is the thought , why is it that LE did not speak on it at the presser?

It's stated wrongly by Ch 4 there. It's based on lots more than that. (Basically, everything but a body recovery due to suicide.)

The Koecher family is offering money in hopes of enticing someone who knows something, to come forward to help police find and arrest the person responsible for Steven's abduction.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...e-resident-Steven/SnTsyuXY3U2tIVuiONxXAw.cspx

If this is the thought , why is it that LE did not speak on it at the presser?

I too find it unusual that LE did not speak at all. I would like to hear the whole PC, if we had it. Never know what said just might get someone thinking on.
We now have been informed that the flying out has been
eliminated by the family, but the Exec. Airport has a rental car agency there. Wonder if they could check on who might have rented a car? It could have been someone he was to meet up with.
Maybe thinking the car parked away from the airport/car rental agency would be close, but hopefully, not connected.

And how is that a discrepancy that makes him "in two places at once"?

If he was in N. Utah on the 9th, how did he get back to St.George that night and back to N Utah the next day, then back again. The receipt info does not show this back and forth data. And that would be more gas than we have knowledge of. We know he didn't fly.

He obviously wasn't -- which is why I shifted the date of the Ruby Valley trip.

I don't get the idea that the family pays attention to WS, and even if they did, it's entirely possible that he was in "Northern Utah" late on Dec 9th.

Nice edit. I don't see what the family (besides Naegle) having viewed WS has anything to do with where Steven was. He was in N. Utah that morning according to her descrpition of his whereabouts. If he was in N. Utah late on the 9th..he wouldn't have had time to get back for ward temple night. Besides, like I said in my previous post, there are no receipts of gas purchase to verify the back and forth trips.

If he was in N. Utah on the 9th, how did he get back to St.George that night and back to N Utah the next day, then back again. The receipt info does not show this back and forth data. And that would be more gas than we have knowledge of. We know he didn't fly.

Yup.....but it's easy. .

If Steven started driving after the temple ceremonies ended on Dec 9th, he could easily have been in "Northern Utah" that same night.

He'd then continue driving (hopefully stopping somewhere to sleep awhile!) and arrive at the Ruby Valley ranch about 11am PST.

That's why, when I made the timeline shift (to arrive in Northern NEVADA on Dec 10th), I put a caveat in there that we didn't know when he started driving. The ETD shown is merely the "last possible time" he could have started driving, to arrive about 11am.

NOW....if Mrs Koecher had said "Northern Nevada", that would be a conflict.

Nice edit. I don't see what the family (besides Naegle) having viewed WS has anything to do with where Steven was. He was in N. Utah that morning according to her descrpition of his whereabouts. If he was in N. Utah late on the 9th..he wouldn't have had time to get back for ward temple night. Besides, like I said in my previous post, there are no receipts of gas purchase to verify the back and forth trips.

I edited, because it sounded curt and I didn't mean it to.

If you align the receipts like I did last week, with one big gas purchase in Wendover, and another on the way back in Nephi, it all fits perfectly....and since he could have arrived in Northern Utah on the 9th, there's no conflict.

Like I said, if Mrs Koecher had said "Northern Nevada on the 9th and 10th", my hair would have stood on end. But she didn't. She said Utah. I actually think that supports what we've got plotted out, right now. Because that's when he logically could have been there.

I edited, because it sounded curt and I didn't mean it to.

If you align the receipts like I did last week, with one big gas purchase in Wendover, and another on the way back in Nephi, it all fits perfectly....and since he could have arrived in Northern Utah on the 9th, there's no conflict.

Like I said, if Mrs Koecher had said "Northern Nevada on the 9th and 10th", my hair would have stood on end. But she didn't. She said Utah. I actually think that supports what we've got plotted out, right now. Because that's when he logically could have been there.

She stated "central Nevada, Ruby Valley" then north thru the valley back to Utah and proceeding down thru Nephi to St George on Friday.

According to the way you aligned receipts, there in none for the trip of the 9th. If you can align these receipts to coincide with the 9th and 10th, it's doable.

She stated "central Nevada, Ruby Valley" then north thru the valley back to Utah and proceeding down thru Nephi to
St George on Friday.

According to the way you aligned receipts, there in none for the trip of the 9th. If you can align these receipts to coincide with the 9th and 10th, it's doable.

The timeline already states that he could have left on the 9th. But I'm not going to move Ruby Valley itself to the 9th....because there's NO WAY he could have arrived back for ward temple night.

The ward temple night can't be moved (not with three witnesses)....so he has to have left afterwards.

Just to make you happy: I put a BIG RED ASTERISK in there, to highlight the statement (that's always been there) that he could have left on Dec 9th.

Always aiming to please..... ;)

The timeline already states that he could have left on the 9th. But I'm not going to move Ruby Valley itself to the 9th....because there's NO WAY he could have arrived back for ward temple night.

The ward temple night can't be moved (not with three witnesses)....so he has to have left afterwards.

Just to make you happy: I put a BIG RED ASTERISK in there, to highlight the statement (that's always been there) that he could have left on Dec 9th.

Always aiming to please..... ;)

Thanks, Lay, but I just want the facts to work out. We have a conflict of facts......namely the gas receipts. They don't show a trip back to St. George to the temple and back up state, and then back again.

As far as I can see, the receipts add up to appox. $79-$86.
Calculation for a one way trip from St. George to Ruby Valley is around 360 miles @ 30/mpg is calculated to $33
for that trip in fuel. (mapquest) That X4 for the back and forth trips would be approx. $132. The receipts aren't there. Mom stated he got back to SG on Friday. Granted that could be at 12:01 am.

I agree that there are 3 witness to the temple, but the gas receipts do not show that.
Don't you think she would have mentioned the ward temple night; especially since it was in the middle of the trip ----and would raise more flags as to why he felt he had to drive back north again. For what? NOW--if someone else could have been driving in their car or using their cr/dr card then I could understand; but then you have who?

This is good debate, not throwing each other to the mat here. ;) I'm no rocket scientist, but the outcome of a physicist and dice rolling, good with numbers, HS educated mother. LOL

Thanks, Lay, but I just want the facts to work out. We have a conflict of facts......namely the gas receipts. They don't show a trip back to St. George to the temple and back up state, and then back again.

As far as I can see, the receipts add up to appox. $79-$86.
Calculation for a one way trip from St. George to Ruby Valley is around 360 miles @ 30/mpg is calculated to $33
for that trip in fuel. (mapquest) That X4 for the back and forth trips would be approx. $132. The receipts aren't there.

The receipts are not there for YOUR proposed two trips. That's the only conflict.

It looks like my figures hold up pretty well....which is for one round-trip on I-15/I-80, totalling almost 1100 miles.

Ya know, I've been sitting here for almost two months with a scenario, I practically shout it out every time we post scenarios....and everyone else is on the GW bus. ;)

Shout it out! Or better yet, just spell it out. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members