NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or so he says....

Yup. I think these are the two overlooked people in the case. They'd almost certainly have some knowledge of each other, and Steven owes one of them a significant amount of money.

We don't know what the landlord said in the daily messages he left for Steven 1-5 Dec (or what was in the message he left for Steven's parents the next day)....but he had every right to be frustrated and angry. Not only did he have Steven behind three months on his rent, but Z had skipped out on them in mid-November with the roaster and without paying his rent.

Without those two incomes, the utilities were going to be shut off in the house -- making it harder to rent it out again. I'd be PO'd, blued and tattooed at those two guys.

Steven evidently had worked out "a plan" to pay off by the back rent in January. I just wish we knew if that plan was worked out *with* the landlord, or whether Steven told the landlord he had made up his own plan.

I think that would give us more information, about what kind of payment Steven thought he could come up with ... and whether Steven thought he had a job lined up without the help of his bishop. (As previously reporte,d the bishop had told Steven they'd find him a job "after the first of the year".)

I would love to know if there were any other videos of Steven taken by
the owner of the home on the corner...like that day or any other day.

I would also love to know if there might be another 5-10 minutes of the
"going down Evening Lights" video that Steven's parents might have seen and are holding back for some reason.

I'll ask Naegle again, but the last we heard, there's nothing else there....that they've seen. Mr Security gave them a stack of videos to go through, and they've done that.

NOW: I always wonder why one camera is CAM3 and one is named CAM7. Like where's CAM1, CAM2, CAM4, CAM5, CAM6....etc?
To me, the most valuable video would be IF there was one from a camera looking west on Savannah Springs -- which would capture Steven's car in a close-up after he parked.

I'll ask if anything else turned up.

Is it too morbid to suggest that we start checking stories of unidentified bodies? I would say that anywhere in the US would be a good place to start because we really don't know where Steven went.

Is it too morbid to suggest that we start checking stories of unidentified bodies? I would say that anywhere in the US would be a good place to start because we really don't know where Steven went.

Yeah, it's morbid and I've been doing that, almost since the start. I feel really guilty doing it, I hate doing it, but......

I've got these Google News searches set up as bookmarks, so I can just click on them:

body found location:usa
unidentified body location:usa
unidentified remains location:usa
"man's body" location:usa
body found location:nv
body found location:ca

The only thing that's turned up within a few hours of the Vegas area that weren't identified within a reasonable amount of time OR had a follow-up story, were the human remains found in Apple Valley, CA in a story reported Feb 1st. That's about two hours south of Vegas, not far off I-15.
There was never a follow-up, so I called the listed detective. His phone was busy, but I left a message on his answering machine "Just in case you haven't identified those remains.......here's a case......not far away...."

I never heard back, nor was there a follow-up. Which was good news.

Yeah, it's morbid and I've been doing that, almost since the start. I feel really guilty doing it, I hate doing it, but......

I've got these Google News searches set up as bookmarks, so I can just click on them:

body found location:usa
unidentified body location:usa
unidentified remains location:usa
"man's body" location:usa
body found location:nv
body found location:ca

The only thing that's turned up within a few hours of the Vegas area that weren't identified within a reasonable amount of time OR had a follow-up story, were the human remains found in Apple Valley, CA in a story reported Feb 1st. That's about two hours south of Vegas, not far off I-15.
There was never a follow-up, so I called the listed detective. His phone was busy, but I left a message on his answering machine "Just in case you haven't identified those remains.......here's a case......not far away...."

I never heard back, nor was there a follow-up. Which was good news.

What caught my eye were two unidentified bodies that were discovered a week apart in the Sacramento River. . .yes. . .near Sacramento. The most recent one being discovered Friday, believed to be a male.

I found the # 3 and # 7 camera thing odd too. I checked some places that sell these cams, and found out that they are usually sold in multiples of 4,6 or 8 cameras. While it is possible to just buy 1 camera,and add on more, most people with a decent sized property buy either the 6 or 8 unit cameras. I mentioned before that I would have thought he would have one camera pointed towards the mailbox, retirement community concerns and all.

I'll ask Naegle again, but the last we heard, there's nothing else there....that they've seen. Mr Security gave them a stack of videos to go through, and they've done that.

NOW: I always wonder why one camera is CAM3 and one is named CAM7. Like where's CAM1, CAM2, CAM4, CAM5, CAM6....etc?
To me, the most valuable video would be IF there was one from a camera looking west on Savannah Springs -- which would capture Steven's car in a close-up after he parked.

Wish we knew if LE has viewed those videos. And yes, I'm sure there were other cameras.

What caught my eye were two unidentified bodies that were discovered a week apart in the Sacramento River. . .yes. . .near Sacramento. The most recent one being discovered Friday, believed to be a male.

Three. Two have been ID'd.

The unidentified was found in the Sacramento River, 50 miles from Sacramento:
http://www.kcra.com/mostpopular/22689195/detail.html

The body found Feb 26th has been ID'd as a 50-year-old man:
http://cbs13.com/local/Body.Found.Along.2.1524393.html

They found one Saturday, in the American River (near Auburn, CA).
It's believed to be the 18-year-old who jumped off a bridge into the river.
http://tinyurl.com/ylar4ux

You (Vegas) have the guy found shot in the alley.

But they only show up there, if local authorities haven't ID'd them. I agree it's excellent for cases a bit older AND it'll be much better when they get the FBI data in there....the current bill looks like it's on its way.

The UID forum here is good too.

I have done some work with Rick Jones, investigator in the Clark County Coroner's Office here. He's awesome. Based on my dealings with him, it's difficult to believe he wouldn't put the pieces together.

Three. Two have been ID'd.

The unidentified was found in the Sacramento River, 50 miles from Sacramento:
http://www.kcra.com/mostpopular/22689195/detail.html

The body found Feb 26th has been ID'd as a 50-year-old man:
http://cbs13.com/local/Body.Found.Along.2.1524393.html

They found one Saturday, in the American River (near Auburn, CA).
It's believed to be the 18-year-old who jumped off a bridge into the river.
http://tinyurl.com/ylar4ux

You (Vegas) have the guy found shot in the alley.

The cbs13 link goes to an article that says a woman first smelled a bad odor. The Feb. 26 article I am talking about says a man saw a body in the reservoir.

The article I am talking about is the one 50 miles away. At this point, given that Steven mentioned Sacramento, I will take anything close.

Back in November-December - I think - 2 bodies were found on Sunrise Mountain - which is very close to my home. Never heard another word about either of them.

I started out with UID's here on WS. It can be a very frustrating road. I've contacted LE on a number of cases and nagged and nagged and never got a response.

I have to say, the CC Coroner's office has been very responsive and, with cases I've worked on, very thorough. I'm not saying cases don't fall through the cracks. But If LE is doing what they should be doing, it really shouldn't happen.

Back in November-December - I think - 2 bodies were found on Sunrise Mountain - which is very close to my home. Never heard another word about either of them.

I started out with UID's here on WS. It can be a very frustrating road. I've contacted LE on a number of cases and nagged and nagged and never got a response.

I have to say, the CC Coroner's office has been very responsive and, with cases I've worked on, very thorough. I'm not saying cases don't fall through the cracks. But If LE is doing what they should be doing, it really shouldn't happen.

But it does.
The woman Ted Bundy kidnapped from nearby us, was never found.
Ted only drove from SLC through here, to North Ogden that day. He arrived on time. Based on the time she went missing, he couldn't have done much more than dump her somewhere. But she's "gone".

I think it's getting better. DNA, databases, the internet.

But it does.
The woman Ted Bundy kidnapped from nearby us, was never found.
Ted only drove from SLC through here, to North Ogden that day. He arrived on time. Based on the time she went missing, he couldn't have done much more than dump her somewhere. But she's "gone".

I think it's getting better. DNA, databases, the internet.

It is getting better! The resources we have now were not available in the Bundy days. If only they had been!

This is huge to me. I think that the security tape could show someone NOT leaving. Like let's say that someone who lived on that street is not seen leaving in that direction, but is seen coming back. Well...why did they go the other way. This is just one scenario, where the additional video could be helpful.

Another scenario...someone else parking there at another time in the past. Maybe there is another person out there who "made it out", that could be found by their License plate.

Or depending on who DID drive by the house, looking at passengers would be helpful. Possibly, if someone told Steven to park there, they did not know about the cameras, and may have driven right past them.

Seems to me that if my child was missing...I would be locked up in a room watching hours of video. And if his cameras are like ours, they pick-up on movement, so you could avoid mindless "watching" using the computer to show when there is movement.

It just doesn't seem like any of these things have been considered...but then again maybe it has and no one bothered to mention the results.

This is huge to me. I think that the security tape could show someone NOT leaving. Like let's say that someone who lived on that street is not seen leaving in that direction, but is seen coming back. Well...why did they go the other way. This is just one scenario, where the additional video could be helpful.

Another scenario...someone else parking there at another time in the past. Maybe there is another person out there who "made it out", that could be found by their License plate.

Or depending on who DID drive by the house, looking at passengers would be helpful. Possibly, if someone told Steven to park there, they did not know about the cameras, and may have driven right past them.

Seems to me that if my child was missing...I would be locked up in a room watching hours of video. And if his cameras are like ours, they pick-up on movement, so you could avoid mindless "watching" using the computer to show when there is movement.

It just doesn't seem like any of these things have been considered...but then again maybe it has and no one bothered to mention the results.

I mentioned, long ago, that the HOA elderly patrol should have a record of all "parking violations" issued for that location. But that's a subpoena issue, unless the HOA is willing to give it up to a connected person, KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste