NY NY - Annemarie “Mimi” Cusumano 33, Preg, called fam "I’m not safe out here", Brooklyn, 13 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Knox

Reaction score
A 33-year-old pregnant woman from Queens was reported missing to the NYPD Tuesday.

Annemarie “Mimi” Cusumano, of Ozone Park, was last seen on Liberty and Van Siclen Avenues in East New York, Brooklyn on Dec. 13, according to police.

Her family said Cusumano is about seven weeks pregnant and was last heard from on Dec. 17.

At the time, she sounded “scared and irritated,” the family said.

Cusumano is 5 feet and 2 inches tall with a medium build. She was last seen wearing all black, according to the NYPD.

missing-brooklyn-woman-628.jpg

Cops looking for pregnant woman who went missing in NYC

Pregnant Queens mom missing after domestic violence report: family (pix11.com)

UPDATE: Domestic violence involved; additional details; husband named.
Aw geez, I hope this ends up better than it's sounding at the moment.
The FB posts of her being home safe, then being taken down seem damning. I hope there is an explanation, and that this couple can get on track if its not too late already. Praying for a positive outcome, against the odds.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Missing pregnant woman Annemarie Cusumano Chavarria spotted on video from Brooklyn hotel

Seen at a Brooklyn hotel on Tuesday. From the article:

The missing pregnant Queens woman who ceased contact with her Long Island family on Dec. 17 was spotted by police in a Brooklyn hotel on Tuesday, according to two sources familiar with the investigation. Annemarie Cusumano Chavarria, 33, then left the premises for parts unknown.

“Officers from the 75th Precinct responded to that hotel for a disturbance call. She was there with another woman and a man,” according to the NYPD. Cusumano, who has a history of personal struggles, reportedly left the hotel on New Jersey Avenue in East New York voluntarily and also left her identification behind.

We still don’t know the identities of the man and woman the missing woman was seen with at the Brooklyn hotel. But police from the 75th Precinct who responded to the disturbance were wearing body cameras and they shared the footage with detectives across the border at the 102 Precinct in Queens. “That body cam footage was shown to the woman’s parents,” an NYPD spokesperson told PIX11 News, “and they said it was her.”

Missing pregnant woman Annemarie Cusumano Chavarria spotted on video from Brooklyn hotel

Seen at a Brooklyn hotel on Tuesday. From the article:

The missing pregnant Queens woman who ceased contact with her Long Island family on Dec. 17 was spotted by police in a Brooklyn hotel on Tuesday, according to two sources familiar with the investigation. Annemarie Cusumano Chavarria, 33, then left the premises for parts unknown.

“Officers from the 75th Precinct responded to that hotel for a disturbance call. She was there with another woman and a man,” according to the NYPD. Cusumano, who has a history of personal struggles, reportedly left the hotel on New Jersey Avenue in East New York voluntarily and also left her identification behind.

We still don’t know the identities of the man and woman the missing woman was seen with at the Brooklyn hotel. But police from the 75th Precinct who responded to the disturbance were wearing body cameras and they shared the footage with detectives across the border at the 102 Precinct in Queens. “That body cam footage was shown to the woman’s parents,” an NYPD spokesperson told PIX11 News, “and they said it was her.”
Wow, well while this certainly isn't good, but it's a heck of a lot better than originally suspected. It sounds like this gal is spinning out of control and needs some serious assistance. I wonder if she has any known medical or psychiatric conditions that pregnancy could have exacerbated. Or, she might have stopped taking meds b/c she was pregnant. Just spitballing here, have no facts, 100% speculation.

Hope this gal is found soon and gets the care she needs for herself and the unborn child.

Aw geez, I hope this ends up better than it's sounding at the moment.
The FB posts of her being home safe, then being taken down seem damning. I hope there is an explanation, and that this couple can get on track if its not too late already. Praying for a positive outcome, against the odds.

"The 33-year-old woman had filed a domestic violence report with the 75th Precinct dated Dec. 16, according to the NYPD, complaining that her husband took her cellphone and knocked her down on the floor."

Domestic violence accellerates when women are pregnant and gets worse, the longer the abuser has access to his target. If she is not already dead, I hope that she has family who will support her to "kick him to the curb" (figuratively) and protect the baby from him as much as she can. MOO

"The 33-year-old woman had filed a domestic violence report with the 75th Precinct dated Dec. 16, according to the NYPD, complaining that her husband took her cellphone and knocked her down on the floor."

Domestic violence accellerates when women are pregnant and gets worse, the longer the abuser has access to his target. If she is not already dead, I hope that she has family who will support her to "kick him to the curb" (figuratively) and protect the baby from him as much as she can. MOO
It sounds like there are many dynamics involved in this case, and it certainly sounds like the subject needs to be found and evaluated asap.

I’m withholding judgement on this one until we learn more.

amateur opinion and speculation

So just to be clear, we have the DV report 12/16, followed by the hotel sighting 12/28? Is that correct? The article which references Tuesday doesn't contain a date, but it was posted on Wednesday 12/29, so assuming she was seen the day before-Tuesday 12/28.

ITA! MOO too strange.

Here's another FB for Annemarie - marked as "old page", last post August:

Mimi Cusumano
Just went down a rabbit hole on his page, the posts are er, um, well, interesting ... if I didn't know better, I'd think that was a chick's page. KWIM?
Also, did you all see the ultrasound pic with name and date?

Pregnant Queens mom missing after domestic violence report: family
Dec 29, 2021

SBM

Dec. 16
  • filed a domestic violence report
  • FB post on new FB page - “Officially married to the love of my life and a baby on the way”
  • supposed to go to court
  • another post - “I love my husband he’s so good to me.”
Dec. 17
  • made a last phone call to the family, using a stranger’s phone. [snip] ‘I’m not safe out here,'”
  • ceased all contact with her family.
Meanwhile, the FB page for MDC posted [snip]
“If anyone has seen my wife. Please call me or the cops … we filed a missing persons [report]. PLEASE COME HOME ANNEMARIE.”

SNIP

...MDC posted a photo of a sleeping Annemarie, claiming “She’s home and safe. She’s resting now.” The same person also notified missing persons Facebook pages that his wife was located.

...landlord [snip] told her family he hadn’t seen Cusumano Chavarria for two weeks.

IMG_2555.png

#more at link

ETA - MDC's FB page mentioned in the report has two posts made 2 hours ago. MOO

Pregnant Queens mom missing after domestic violence report: family
Dec 29, 2021

SBM

Dec. 16
  • filed a domestic violence report
  • FB post on new FB page - “Officially married to the love of my life and a baby on the way”
  • supposed to go to court
  • another post - “I love my husband he’s so good to me.”
Dec. 17
  • made a last phone call to the family, using a stranger’s phone. [snip] ‘I’m not safe out here,'”
  • ceased all contact with her family.
Meanwhile, the FB page for MDC posted [snip]
“If anyone has seen my wife. Please call me or the cops … we filed a missing persons [report]. PLEASE COME HOME ANNEMARIE.”

SNIP

...MDC posted a photo of a sleeping Annemarie, claiming “She’s home and safe. She’s resting now.” The same person also notified missing persons Facebook pages that his wife was located.

...landlord [snip] told her family he hadn’t seen Cusumano Chavarria for two weeks.

IMG_2555.png

#more at link

ETA - MDC's FB page mentioned in the report has two posts made 2 hours ago. MOO
A picture of her sleeping? Home & safe? Resting now? Then why two hours ago is he saying "Missing you so much" & "Just come home please"?

Barring a direct quote from LE as to Mimi's status, I'm discounting anything said by her husband. This is a confusing mess, who's playing games here and why?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back