DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Mar 18, 2007

SBM
n the early morning hours of Sept. 28, 2001, Anthony Avojan was asleep in the living room of 1814 Niagara Ave. Also sleeping in the living room were a husband and wife, friends of Avojan, and three children.

Police investigators say it wasn’t uncommon for Avojan to be at the Niagara Avenue home.

“He hung out there and worked on cars with one of the residents,” Coney said.

However the home wasn’t noted in the neighborhood just for auto repairs. Detectives say it was “a well- known weed house.”

“People in the neighborhood knew what went on there,” Coney said. “You ask the guys hanging by the convenience store on the corner, and they told you that was the place to go buy weed.”

As Avojan and his friends slept, at 3:35 a.m., bad things were about to happen.

First, there was a knock at the side door of the home, but before anyone could answer the knock, someone kicked in the door. A single suspect, brandishing a shotgun stepped into the dining room of the home as Avojan was waking toward closed French doors and separated the living room from the dining area.

“There were two shots fired,” Coney said. “One, which we think was accidental, into the floor and one through the French doors.”

[snip]

As investigators looked for evidence, they didn’t find much. To preserve the crime scene, officers actually took the people inside the home out a rear window.

“The best piece of evidence we found at the scene was a sneaker print (from the killer),” Palmer said.

Despite checking the unique print, from an Air Force 1 sneaker, against a number of pairs of footwear belonging to potential persons of interest, detectives didn’t get a match, Now, more than five years later, investigators worry that the sneaker print evidence has probably lost most of its value.

“That sneaker is probably long gone now,” Palmer said. “How long do you keep your sneakers?”

# More at link

Feb 16, 2020
SBM
A witness told police they saw a car speeding away from the scene, but that was all they saw. Eventually, detectives released a description of a possible suspect, described as a black male wearing a short-sleeve white shirt and white sneakers. The suspect also reportedly wore a black bandana.

[snip]

Detectives said the vague description of the suspect, the suddenness of the crime and the possible tie to weed dealing may have chilled the desire of those with information to cooperate with authorities.

A year later, in an effort to spark movement in the case, members of the victim's family posted a reward for information. The reward led to a few tip calls, but no solid leads.

# More at link

Yes this is the homicide I am trying to get help with. I lived there with my ex boyfriend and 3 children and his daughter at the time.I have a lot of information pertaining to this case. I have also reached out to law enforcement with all new leads that I receive and yet as of June 2023 it sits in the archives.

gypsy67 has now been verified as Anthony's friend. Our verified member does not have to provide links to what they state as fact about their knowledge of the case or any inside information. In all other respects, our VIs are held to the same TOS as our regular members.

Please treat our VI with respect at all times. Members may ask questions but it is up to a VI if they wish to answer them. Don't badger them for information they may not be able to provide, and don't argue with them in any way. (Hey, we know you won't but we have to say that :D).

Thank you gypsy67 for being here for your friend, and to all others who are here to discuss Anthony's case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse
Back