NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 #2 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there security camera footage of what happened to Epstein? If not, why?
The New York Post reported on Sunday that no surveillance footage existed of Epstein’s death. According to its sources, surveillance cameras in that part of the jail do not show the inside of the cells or the area outside them. It is not clear why, but it appears to have been by design.

Everything We Know About the Failures to Prevent Jeffrey Epstein’s Death
Well that takes care of that. I thought for sure there would be cameras there of all places.

But he was found hung.
True, but it's the Pathologist job to determine the exact cause of death.
For example, if he was found hung, the cause of death would be asphyxiation, but if he had a heart attack right after he put the sheet around his neck, then the cause of death would be myocardial infarction.

Despite the apparent suicide of wealthy financier Jeffrey Epstein, there are “thousands and thousands” of other documents linked to his sex trafficking case and “so many threads of information” that could implicate co-conspirators, a Miami Herald investigative reporter revealed on MSNBC Sunday.
There Are 'Thousands And Thousands' Of Other Documents On Jeffrey Epstein Case: Journalist | HuffPost

Prosecutors could still seek to seize individual assets through a civil forfeiture proceeding if they determine that the property was used to facilitate a crime or was the proceeds of criminal activity, said Sharon Cohen Levin, a former federal prosecutor who headed the Southern District of New York's money laundering and asset forfeiture unit.

They would have to file a complaint against an individual asset, such as Epstein's New York mansion, lay out the basis for the underlying crime and the evidence showing it was committed — similar to the indictment — and prove how it was it was used to facilitate the crime, Levin said.

Unlike in a criminal case, prosecutors would only have to prove that the crime more than likely occurred, not that it was beyond a reasonable doubt.
Who'll get Epstein's estate?

Last edited:
I know it is the federal prison, however, was it the prison guards union that complained of overwork? Do we have separate federal and state unions? (I truly don’t know).
These guards are members of the "American Federation Of Government Employees" which has a counsel of prison locals.
Right now, they are fighting prison reform. (Of course they are. The less people in prison, the less guards they employ and the less dues they collect)
JMO, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was a deliberate act to draw attention. What better scape goat to use than this high profile Epstein to make a political point?

Prince Andrew’s paedophile pal Jeffrey Epstein left diary secrets

A diary, said to be written in “meticulous detail”, was kept by the billionaire before his apparent suicide on Saturday.
It set out his interactions and transactions with the rich and famous – including the Duke of York.
Epstein’s secrets are set to spark panic among his powerful associates who include Donald Trump and Bill Clinton.
A source revealed: “Jeff knew his relationships with the rich and famous also brought him protection. He kept a diary in meticulous detail just in case he ever needed it.
“One former congressman said there are a lot of people ‘breathing a huge sigh of relief’ now Jeff is dead.
"They should hold their breath for a long time to come. It ain’t over.”

Prince Andrew’s paedophile pal Jeffrey Epstein left diary secrets

Due to that Epstein apparently was a sex addict, I wonder if his death could have been
caused by an act of Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation gone wrong ?

Erotic asphyxiation - Wikipedia

I sort of thought of that too, but with the documents fixing to be unsealed, I think he offed himself w/a lil help from a friend, or two, three. I'm interested to know if there are any type of drugs in his system. He could probably hang himself on the shower head w/ his prison clothing. Right before doing the deal, he takes an o.d. of drugs. Wouldn't have to be much. His bunk-mate may have even given him instructions. No one likes <modsnip> anyway. I'm not for killing anyone, j.s. but suicide gives him an out. I wanted him to face his charges, and those he hurt, but dying in jail is nothing new, whether assisted, or from lack of compassion when an inmate is in need of treatment. Honestly, I'm surprised at the shock and outrage I've been seeing across some of the sites. In most of these type of cases, folks don't even want a <modsnip - term is not allowed here> to make it to their trial date, and are very vocal about how we should just skip the trials all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Officers didn't check on Epstein for 'several' hours before his death, person familiar with case says

Matt Zapotosky and Devlin Barrett, The Washington Post | on August 11, 2019

Corrections officers had not checked in on financier and registered sex offender Jeffrey Epstein for "several" hours before he was found hanging in his cell Saturday, a person familiar with the matter said, just one in a series of missteps in the hours leading up to his death.
Officers should have been checking on Epstein, who was being held in a special housing unit of the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City, every 30 minutes, and, under normal circumstances, he also should have had a cellmate, according to the person familiar with the matter and union officials representing facility employees.
But a person who had been assigned to share a cell with Epstein was transferred on Friday, and - for reasons that investigators are still exploring - he did not receive a new one, the person familiar with the matter said Sunday night. That left Epstein, who had previously been placed on suicide watch, alone and unmonitored - at least in the hours before his death - by even those officers assigned to guard him.
The person familiar with the matter spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the investigation.

I agree @rsd1200 about the shower head or anything a foot or so above ground. There are bars that he could have tied up to if the guards were overworked and never checked. They didn't check so he could have been hanging from the jail bars for a bit.

I thought there was no cell mate at the time of his death? Since he just came off a suicide watch? At least I read an article whether true or not about it.

No bunk mate, early off mental evaluation watch after potential suicide, no camera, no witnesses that we have heard of, no idea how he hung himself as staff was overworked due to cutbacks. Except how he couldn't but obviously did or someone did. More about he did it though with a little help from his friends, jmo. Really curious about his death though. jmo

Last edited:
Jeffrey Epstein could have 'paid dearly' for help with alleged suicide | Daily Mail Online

A former close associate of the late mobster John Gotti Sr. has said that if Jeffrey Epstein killed himself inside his cell at Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan, he would have had to 'pay dearly' for help.
Kasman said for the right price, inmates could get virtually anything they wanted from corrupt guards standing watch over the institution.
'That facility for years had issues of corruption, with correction officers bringing in food or cellphones for wealthy people.'
Kasman said he has kept up to date with the conditions at the facility since he used to visit Gotti there in the early 1990s.
'There are cameras going 24/7 and they're watching 24/7. Someone had to give [Epstein] the equipment to kill himself and he had to pay for it dearly,' Kasman said.
He noted that while Gotti was locked up in both the 9 South and 10 South units, which are supposed to be the most secure on site, Gotti had no problem having his favorite steak dinner hand-delivered.
'He had Peter Luger's whenever he wanted,' Kasman said.
'That facility for years had issues of corruption, with correction officers bringing in food or cellphones for wealthy people.'

There’s no surveillance video of the incident during which Jeffrey Epstein apparently hanged himself in a federal lockup in Lower Manhattan, law-enforcement officials told The Post on Sunday.

Although there are cameras in the 9 South wingwhere the convicted pedophile was being held at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, they are trained on the areas outside the cells and not inside, according to sources familiar with the setup there.

Pols who attended Sunday’s annual Dominican Day Parade in Manhattan demanded answers to the many questions surrounding Epstein’s Saturday morning death, which is being investigated by the FBI and the Justice Department.

“Something doesn’t smell right – and it’s not his dead body,” Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams

https://nypost.com/2019/08/11/theres-no-video-of-jeffrey-epsteins-apparent-suicide-sources/

Carol Leonnig‏Verified account @CarolLeonnig
Carol Leonnig Retweeted Carol Leonnig

Remember previous incident July 23: it was never cleared up whether Epstein had been attacked, as he said, or if he was covering up his own suicide attempt

Carol Leonnig added,

Carol LeonnigVerified account @CarolLeonnig
People close to Epstein fear he was murdered...as Epstein told authorities someone tried to kill him in a previous incident weeks earlier. He was described as being in good spirits in recent days... https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...4e39_story.html#click=https://t.co/IuyQ74HFet
8:42 AM - 10 Aug 2019 pst

Marlene Schiappa, France’s gender equality minister, called on Monday for an investigation into the activities in France of Jeffrey Epstein, the U.S. financier found dead in an apparent suicide while being held on sex-trafficking charges

“The American investigation has highlighted ties with France. It therefore seems fundamental to us, and for the victims, that an investigation should be opened in France so that all the light is shed on this matter,” Schiappa said in a statement.
French minister demands investigation into Epstein's activities in France - Reuters

I sort of thought of that too, but with the documents fixing to be unsealed, I think he offed himself w/a lil help from a friend, or two, three. I'm interested to know if there are any type of drugs in his system. He could probably hang himself on the shower head w/ his prison clothing. Right before doing the deal, he takes an o.d. of drugs. Wouldn't have to be much. His bunk-mate may have even given him instructions. No one likes <modsnip - term not allowed here> anyway. I'm not for killing anyone, j.s. but suicide gives him an out. I wanted him to face his charges, and those he hurt, but dying in jail is nothing new, whether assisted, or from lack of compassion when an inmate is in need of treatment. Honestly, I'm surprised at the shock and outrage I've been seeing across some of the sites. In most of these type of cases, folks don't even want a <modsnip - term is not allowed here> to make it to their trial date, and are very vocal about how we should just skip the trials all together.
What's a <modsnip - term not allowed here>?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member