NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 #2 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hulking ex-cop facing the death penalty on federal murder and drug charges was reportedly Jeffrey Epstein's cellmate at Manhattan's Metropolitan Correctional Center — but an official says Epstein feared the former police officer, who was questioned after the disgraced financier's apparent suicide attempt last month and who was transferred out of Epstein's cell shortly before the 66-year-old died early Saturday.

Nicholas Tartaglione, who'd been a Briarcliffe Manor cop in Westchester County, N.Y., was charged in 2016 with the deaths of four men stemming from an alleged cocaine drug conspiracy. The 51-year-old was reportedly housed at the MCC federal lockup with Epstein after the accused sex trafficker's July arrest.
upload_2019-8-12_8-56-15.jpeg

Tartaglione reportedly told officials he didn't see anything related to the apparent suicide attempt and maintained he didn't touch Epstein. Bruce Barket, an attorney for the former cop, said the two men were "in the same unit and doing well," adding rumors Tartaglione may have attacked Epstein are "absolutely not true."

"Any suggestion that Mr. Tartaglione assaulted anyone is a complete fabrication," Barket said in a statement, according to the Journal News. "This story is being leaked to retaliate against Mr. Tartaglione for complaining to the court about the deplorable conditions at the MCC."
Jeffrey Epstein feared cellmate, a muscle-bound ex-cop charged in murder who was moved before financier's death: report

he is the highest profile prisoner they have had since Madoff or whoever..um shouldn't his safety be the number one priority of the prison?

I mean they might as well have killed him themselves.

I read he stuffed as sock down his throat or something like this.

so not auto-erotic- and almost impossible to imagine someone doing this to themselves.

mOO
If a person had enough time, it might be interesting to have a list of all the inmates at that facility and keep track of who gets released soon...and whether that release was already scheduled prior to JE’s death...

Epstein had been meeting with his attorneys for up to 12 hours a day before they requested that he be taken off suicide watch, sources familiar with the matter told the Wall Street Journal.

He had been downgraded to “special observation status,” which required two guards to make separate checks on him every 30 minutes, but that procedure was not followed, a source has told Reuters.

Under the status, Epstein also was supposed to have a cellmate, a person familiar with the matter told the Journal.

His cellmate had apparently left, possibly for a court appearance or another appointment, and was not immediately replaced as required by protocol, the source told the newspaper.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/12/jeffrey-epstein-was-taken-off-suicide-watch-at-his-lawyers-request/

Jeffrey Epstein likely died by suicide without a single camera catching the event.
No cameras caught his apparent suicide because, though cameras monitor the facility, they only scan common areas and outside the prison, not inside the cells, sources familiar with the facility told theNew York Post.
No surveillance cameras caught Jeffrey Epstein's death: Report

Last edited:
Epstein had been meeting with his attorneys for up to 12 hours a day before they requested that he be taken off suicide watch, sources familiar with the matter told the Wall Street Journal.

He had been downgraded to “special observation status,” which required two guards to make separate checks on him every 30 minutes, but that procedure was not followed, a source has told Reuters.

Under the status, Epstein also was supposed to have a cellmate, a person familiar with the matter told the Journal.

His cellmate had apparently left, possibly for a court appearance or another appointment, and was not immediately replaced as required by protocol, the source told the newspaper.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/12/jeffrey-epstein-was-taken-off-suicide-watch-at-his-lawyers-request/

Epstein was meeting with this attorneys for up to 12 hours a day. That seems a bit extreme to me. Is that "normal"?

I think if he were extorting the rich and powerful because of their sexual preferences, he would have been dead years ago. I think he collected that info so he could provide what they wanted.

jmo

IMO; I think this whole think reeks. FIHP- friends in high places- globally, used JE for human trafficking and acquiring underage for sex. JE was maybe the middle man(?)

Once he becomes a liability, I agree with some others here. He either suicided or was reminded that he had few options. FIHP would have their tentacles reach everywhere.

Why is it that human trafficking isn't mentioned very often in the news? Only recently, seems like. These past few years.

IMO he is/was merely a cog in a very large wheel.

World News Tonight on Twitter

World News Tonight
@ABCWorldNews
Attorney General Bill Barr on the suicide of accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein: "Let me assure you that this case will continue on against anyone who was complicit with Epstein. Any co-conspirators should not rest easy" (link: Jail protocols for checking on Jeffrey Epstein before suicide not followed: Sources) abcn.ws/2MX6rUv

Has he mentioned investigating Epstein's death? Does he plan to reveal all the new incriminating evidence gathered in the most recent federal investigation, even if no one else is found to be complicit? Will he be pursuing financial crimes as well as those relating to sex trafficking, etc.? TIA if you want to pass it along to Mr. Barr.

Epstein investigation now turns to his 'co-conspirators' as the Feds pledge to 'stand for victims' | Daily Mail Online

BREAKING: AG Bill Barr slams 'inadequate' Manhattan jail where Epstein killed himself and turns up heat on his 'co-conspirators', including Ghislaine Maxwell, as investigation threatens to implicate world's most powerful men
  • Barr issued a stark warning to Epstein's alleged co-conspirators on Monday
  • He also slammed the handling of Epstein by the Manhattan Correctional Center
  • Barr said he is 'appalled' and 'angry' at the failure to 'adequately secure' Epstein
  • While Epstein was the only person charged the Manhattan U.S. Attorney pledged to 'stand for victims' following his death in his cell on Saturday morning
  • Socialite Ghislaine Maxwell is one of those who may find herself in the spotlight
  • She was described as the 'madam of the house' but has denied any wrongdoing
  • Prosecutors may also target those set to testify now that 'they don't need them'
  • Sarah Kellen Vickers, Adriana Ross and Lesley Groff could also face new probes
  • And there are still 'thousands of more documents to be released', reports say
  • Epstein's accusers may also be able to pursue civil cases against his estate

And El Chapo complained about the conditions
Manafort left there two weeks ago
Considering the importance of El Chapo, Manafort, and Epstein, you'd think the Feds would have had top-notch security there and not overworked exhausted guards.

How are we going to secure the US from really horrible international criminals if we can't guard them appropriately?

(mumbles something about appropriation of funds...)

Wealth of Jeffrey Epstein’s Brother Is Also a Mystery

the Marine Science and Nautical Training Academy of Charleston, S.C., which is known as Manta

The 80-foot yacht, dubbed Izmo, co-owned by Mark Epstein and other partners that were unidentified in an online listing, was docked in Miami until last fall when it was donated to a small marine-science nonprofit.
The yacht, which has three staterooms, an owner’s cabin and spacious decks, according to online promotional listings, was put up for sale in December 2012 for $990,000. An online advertisement posted last May listed it at $600,000. No sale occurred, and Mr. Epstein began offering the yacht to charities, according to a blast email sent out to organizations reviewed by the Journal.
The recipient ended up being the Marine Science and Nautical Training Academy of Charleston, S.C., which is known as Manta. In a Nov. 13, 2018, email, its president, Russell Day, said the nonprofit had been chosen over “many amazing and deserving organizations.” Transformed into a marine-research vessel for high-school and college students, the yacht would ply the waters of the British Virgin Islands, Mr. Day wrote. The Little Saint James, an island owned by Jeffrey Epstein, is in the nearby U.S. Virgin Islands.

Jeremy Harris‏Verified account @JeremyHarrisTV
All this #JeffreyEpstein stuff reminds me ... I sent a #FOIA request to the Bureau of Prisons in 2015. They wrote back in 2016 to tell me my expedited response request was denied, haven’t heard from them since. Maybe politicians can get faster answers from them than a reporter.

9:41 AM - 12 Aug 2019 pt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member