NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an interesting article about his potential sources of wealth (or not). Though it's largely speculative, it follows the threads many of us here suspect might be true (i.e., Blackmail)

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/hedge-funders-have-some-thoughts-on-what-epstein-was-doing.html

This old boys' network crap protecting their own continues to make me sick. Judges giving passes to rapists because they "come from good families" "go to good colleges" etc...what about the victims? Women and children should just lie down and take it, I suppose. Or they really enjoy it, I guess. ARGH! And the sad thing is that for everyone of these that we know about, there are probably 10 more lurking in the shadows who get lucky never to get caught.

Thanks for posting this! I also recommend reading the linked thread by “Q” in the article. It spells out the theory in no uncertain terms.

I, for one, can’t wait for all the “investors” and pimps to be nakedly exposed (yes, pun intended).

JMO but if my dad hired someone without a college degree to teach schoolkids at an elite private school, and that hire was later revealed as a sex offender with a penchant for prepubescent girls, I might be tempted, if I were in a position to do so, to try to mitigate any later charges against said sex offender to prove my dad didn't display the worst possible judgment in making that hire.

True and hilariously put.

Invariably when some pedophile/rapist is arrested, it turns out it is an open secret. Seen this with Jerry Sandusky, Jimmy Savile, Larry Nassar, Richard Strauss, George Tyndall, Philip Foglietta, Harvey Weinstein, etc.

Very good question. Regarding the answer -- no one cared about the victims before.
BBM

The second comment explains the first comment about these cases being an open secret...no one cared about the victims.

Invariably when some pedophile/rapist is arrested, it turns out it is an open secret. Seen this with Jerry Sandusky, Jimmy Savile, Larry Nassar, Richard Strauss, George Tyndall, Philip Foglietta, Harvey Weinstein, etc.

That is really true. Everyone "knew", and just looked the other way. I think about how many women who wouldn't kowtow to Harvey Weinstein, and it literally destroyed their careers. They refused rape.

It disgusts me how "Hollywood" venerates rapists. It is hypocritical.

Article about JE's finances:

What's he selling that is bringing in so much money? (Is the answer what seems obvious, underage girls?)

jmo

The underage girls may be freebie for rich and connected people who can offer insider trading tips, below market real estate, political cover for money laundering and who want access to other billionaires similarly compromised.

Think about it.
  • A billionaire pedo goes to "Fantasy Island," where he feels safe and surrounded by people who "are just like me."
  • To thank "Jeff" he alerts him to a stock that is about to tank. Everyone whose assets are managed by Epstein benefits from the shorting. He puts money the JE's wealth fund and benefits from everyone else's insider tips.
  • He also meets fellow a billionaire in the toy business - they both know they trust each other because JE can destroy either. So "Fantasy Island" is now a safe place to find business partners.
  • When an extremely lucrative deal in money laundering arises, billionaire pedo feels safe investing because the politicians who will do nothing.
I don't think the business model was sex trafficking, more of providing a safe place to do shady business.

Having worked in finance, two things stand out: how low yields are in conventional investments and how there is no sure thing unless you can trust the insiders.

JMO

Anyway, I think the ethical thing for Barr to do would be to recuse himself to avoid any possible appearance of bias. I think it's very strange that he did and then unrecused himself. I'd like to know why.

A political question, so according the TOS, we have to just imagine why. BTW, on another forum where the same issue of political discussion arose, I recommended following Websleuths. The best, both because the moderators vigorously review comments and because the members are familiar with the law, enforcement, forensics and the courts.

Found an interesting article about JE shipping a shredder and a carpet and tile extractor from his VI home to his NY home:
Jeffrey Epstein Shipped Himself a 53-Pound Shredder and a Carpet and Tile Extractor, Maritime Records Show

Didn't see mention of this in the thread, it's interesting and I'm looking forward to the explanation of the timing.
That article was missing one thing. He also shipped a dental chair......550 pounds worth.

New Revelations About Jeffrey Epstein Raise Serious Questions

Interesting analysis from WaPo:

Epstein agreed not to contest lawsuits filed by his victims. In the ensuing years, he reached untold dozens of settlements with women who were as young as 14 when he drew them into what has been called his sexual Ponzi scheme. In exchange for Epstein’s money, the women agreed to release him from any further responsibility for offenses against them “from the beginning of the world to the day of this release.”

BUT....

All the millions that Epstein has paid out in settlements offer zero protection against prosecution for subsequent crimes. Locked inside that safe, according to investigators, were “hundreds, and perhaps thousands” of sexually suggestive photographs of young women, and at least some appeared to be minors. With that discovery, Epstein’s defense came crashing down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ac6bb02d01d_story.html?utm_term=.9b7286ff8b5e

One word. Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!

I get that same feeling looking at him as I do with Harvey Weinstein: Instant desire to vomit.

Eeeeeeeeeewwwwww is right! I thought of posting a vomiting emoji but didn’t want to gross everyone out any more than they already were!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth