NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I had the same reaction as you did.

Plus I had the reaction of gagging while reading that Mrs. W has an interest in children's causes and sexual abuse.

Why does everything seem like a joke against women/girls at every step of this case?! Wexner and Epstein hide their money in a charity started by a woman who is working on causes to benefit children and abuse victims? Did Epstein get a big laugh out of that?!

Also, I'd like to know who the recipients of any donations from any of these charities and fundraisers are. It looks like funds are just shifted from one charity to another. Are any actual people in need getting any help - or is it just numbers on paper?

jmo

Yes, gag worthy irony for sure. The donations given out are far less than what JF gave, even accounting for the recession IMO. Did the money move back to JF at some point?

Surfing Wexner and Abigail this afternoon.

The contrast between Wexner and Wife’s public persona and his deep seated, longstanding, co-joined life with Epstein is startling.

Wexner and wife appear to be saints of Columbus, Ohio. Business mission statements flaunt high morals and values. So much philanthropy.

And there is Jeffrey.

GM's charity is being investigated now.

BBM:

"A mysterious do-nothing charity founded by Jeffrey Epstein’s socialite gal pal is being investigated by the FBI for possible links to the convicted pedophile, The Post has learned.

The TerraMar Project was incorporated in London and Delaware in 2012, purportedly to raise awareness of environmental and other issues facing the oceans, and exclusively funded by hundreds of thousands in loans by heiress Ghislaine Maxwell, public filings show.....

She pumped $283,429 into it between 2012 and 2017. In that time, the so-called charity gave out a total of $874 in grants....

After The Post began making inquiries this month, the charity blocked its public website and made it password-accessible. Last week, the home page included this message: 'The TerraMar Project is sad to announce that it will cease operations.' No reason was given."

https://nypost.com/2019/07/27/feds-...-ocean-charity-over-links-to-jeffrey-epstein/

GM gave a TedTalk about her ocean charity work, but it seems to be zapped from the internet. You can see another talk by her by searching for her name and TerraMar Project youtube. It's not MSM so I'm not linking it. It was posted in 2014 and it's about 14 minutes.

GM's charity is being investigated now.

BBM:

"A mysterious do-nothing charity founded by Jeffrey Epstein’s socialite gal pal is being investigated by the FBI for possible links to the convicted pedophile, The Post has learned.

The TerraMar Project was incorporated in London and Delaware in 2012, purportedly to raise awareness of environmental and other issues facing the oceans, and exclusively funded by hundreds of thousands in loans by heiress Ghislaine Maxwell, public filings show.....

She pumped $283,429 into it between 2012 and 2017. In that time, the so-called charity gave out a total of $874 in grants....

After The Post began making inquiries this month, the charity blocked its public website and made it password-accessible. Last week, the home page included this message: 'The TerraMar Project is sad to announce that it will cease operations.' No reason was given."

https://nypost.com/2019/07/27/feds-...-ocean-charity-over-links-to-jeffrey-epstein/

Oh, that's not suspicious at all.

Wow, this book, "Filthy Rich" is really an eye opener to what a criminal JE is...and how so many of his friends are also criminals.

Thank goodness JE is not being allowed to sleaze his way off of these charges.

Wow, this book, "Filthy Rich" is really an eye opener to what a criminal JE is...and how so many of his friends are also criminals.

Thank goodness JE is not being allowed to sleaze his way off of these charges.

There’s an 18 week wait for “Filthy Rich” in our library system! Guess I’ll have to buy it. :D

Filthy Rich

Attachments

• F0A1F914-E071-4AA0-8464-98F7819EF319.png
    F0A1F914-E071-4AA0-8464-98F7819EF319.png
    166 KB · Views: 6
Another day, another outrage.

A Tale of Two Jeffreys: How the Virgin Islands Welcomed a Rich Sex Offender—and Punished a Poor One

A Tale of Two Jeffreys: How the Virgin Islands Welcomed a Rich Sex Offender—and Punished a Poor One

These enablers and promoters of unequal justice should be the ones who are shamed with signs on their cars and lawns!

And once again Bob Dylan’s line from his masterpiece ‘It’s all right Ma” gets stuck in my head...:mad:

“While money doesn't talk, it swears...”

It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding) | The Official Bob Dylan Site

Last edited:
Surprising, given he dodged these charges years ago. I wonder what's up? The NYT article says he was only charged with one count of sex trafficking and one count of conspiracy to commit sex trafficking. There were allegations that many more girls were invovled, so why only one count?

Was there only one victim who decided to come forward? I've heard the difficulty in prosecuting these cases is that victims are sometimes paid to keep quiet.

BBM

This was the old rigged deal that resulted in previous federal charges against Mr. Epstein being dropped.

I hope they're not just doing this for "show" and that they really go through with this. With only 1 count of sex trafficking, though, I'm skeptical. IANAL, but it seems like there should be more.

ETA: Here's a link to the Miami Herald story. They've done a lot of hard work to research and report on these crimes.

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Follow the money! I too am curious about this billionaire where his money came from.

Plus he has other identities, explaining one of them from Saudi Arabia, as being afraid of kidnappers, so he used a fake name on a passport he purchased.

I think the bottom line, is you don't set bail. He is too high a risk for flight and no doubt has riches socked away in off shore accounts no one will ever find except perhaps his brother.

Otherwise, why should the judge set bail when he offers up a 70 Million dollar townhouse, (his brothers place is offered too, in Florida) and even 100 million in bail?

As an ex prosecutor in the news mentioned, "The State or Govt. will confiscate all these assets anyway, if he is found guilty, so he's not giving them anything for his freedom".

As an ex prosecutor in the news mentioned, "The State or Govt. will confiscate all these assets anyway, if he is found guilty, so he's not giving them anything for his freedom".

What a good point! And if he were to flee, he would likely have money squirreled away so he could access it. Judge Berman was so wise. Here’s hoping the appeals judge is wise too.

“He enjoys the company of pretty women. Ghislaine is important to him in other ways. She arranges his social life,” one pal told London’s Evening Standard in 2001.

In December 2003, Page Six declared Epstein, then 50 years old, one of New York City’s “most eligible guys” under the headline “Singling Out Apple’s Top Studs.”
(Along with Anthony Weiner)

When Epstein Was Cosmo’s Bachelor of the Month
upload_2019-7-28_13-26-19.jpeg

“He enjoys the company of pretty women. Ghislaine is important to him in other ways. She arranges his social life,” one pal told London’s Evening Standard in 2001.

In December 2003, Page Six declared Epstein, then 50 years old, one of New York City’s “most eligible guys” under the headline “Singling Out Apple’s Top Studs.”
(Along with Anthony Weiner)

When Epstein Was Cosmo’s Bachelor of the Month
View attachment 195467
Along with Anthony Weiner. Good grief.

Weiner was a rising star at the time! Hard to think of him like that now, just like it's hard to see JE as "most eligible."

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member