NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say thank you to all of you wonderful posters for your up-to-date information & discussions. A special thank you to those manning the basement & to GGE for all the first morning news sources, discussion & transcriptions (which I am in awe of your speed reading & typing skills!).

Although following WS for many years, I finally joined a year ago, but never posted until now. Guess it was time to crawl out from under my rock!

And yes, I got this one wrong...Sweat was still alive & they appear to have been together!

Don't leave BUF! Now we have to follow the investigation, Tillie and Palmers trials. Way too many questions! I'm so happy that no one was hurt except the prisoners themselves.

Oh, I'm not leaving bestill! Too many unanswered questions!!!

Chris Cuomo ‏@ChrisCuomo 38s38 seconds ago

.@nyspolice Maj Guess: #DavidSweat IS talking from the hospital. Adds trooper interviewed Sweat, chased before firing

(this is MSM, he is a CNN anchor besides being Gov. Cuomo's brother.)

Dude. Guy on CNN just said Ex-cape. :facepalm:

Some words are so easy to just say correctly. It's okay to say carribean or carribean, tomato or tomato, either or either (each of which have two pronunciations if not more) but Escape is Escape. It's never Ex cape. YEESH

(then again my husband insists on saying Fermiliar instead of FA- miliar. Drives me INSANE.)
What a roar! You are so funny GGE! We have to follow you to a next case. I will so miss many of the people on this thread. :boohoo:

DA Wylie is on CNN now. He says there is no plea bargain we can put out there, he has life in prison without parole. There will be charges in Franklin county because of the burglaries. (I assume they mean breaking into cabins? who knows.)

DA Wylie - Our main objective is putting together a case and getting it ready for grand jury presentment. We're working with the insp. general's office to ensure that aspect of the investigation goes smoothly. The escape IS under my office's jurisdiction, yes, and the Clinton county DAs office will prosecute Mitchell and Palmer [for the charges against them] as well as Sweat for his escape. Still investigating whether any other individuals were involved and that's something that we hope Sweat can help us with (paraphrasing).

Cuomo asks whether any more arrests are expected, Wylie says its too early to tell (paraphrasing).

I wonder if the location of the COs hunting cabin was clearly marked on his maps in his backpack?

Looks like Sweat is alive because he had a backpack containing pop tarts, just saying. Maybe they saved his life? If he is talking, I am sure people are sweating.

I stand by my theory that someone else cut that hole in the pipe, would have been near impossible from inside on the second one. In regards to Sweat, he spent three weeks traveling and was only a half hour from entering the wilds of Canada. Not leaving the area in those first 5 crucial hours was also a mistake. Maybe his planning needed work.Their B plan was destined to fail.

Seems that K9s equipped with GoPro cameras & gps would be a much more effective way to locate escapees in forested areas with rough terrain. 'Who let the Dogs Out'..

http://blog.timesunion.com/picturep...n-escapees-richard-matt-and-david-sweat/1219/

"Two people checking their camp near Malone, N.Y., weren’t aware that they would be misidentified as Clinton Correctional Facility escapees Richard Matt and David Sweat. But the N.Y. Daily News published their picture online with a caption, claiming that these were the two convicted killers who pulled off one of the most audacious breakouts in New York history.

Reporter Keshia Clukey of the Albany Times Union was impressed to see the Daily News’ ‘trail cam’ photo during her coverage of the manhunt. The website caption below the picture read, “This image, captured by a ‘trail cam,’ shows escaped prisoners David Sweat and Richard Matt walking while on the loose on June 24.”

Her journalistic prowess kicked in: “This is so great. How did they get this and how can I?” But Clukey’s pursuit led to a source close to the investigation who revealed that these people were checking on their camp — and were not escapees David Sweat and Richard Matt."

<snip>

"According to Clukey’s source, several news outlets have posted this image capture as Matt and Sweat.

ATTENTION READERS: CAN YOU IDENTIFY THESE LANDOWNERS? Please write to the Picture Prosecutor so we can set the record straight."

CNN - "Inmates gathered cabin, terrain info for a year" - waiting to hear why they have that in their ticker but they're switching stories again now.

What a bunch of lies:

"Dog the Bounty Hunter helped capture 'Shawshank' prison escapee David Sweat after massive three week manhunt "

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dog-bounty-hunter-helped-capture-5967908

I am not even quoting any of it because someone here will think it's true and will quote me and run with it. This is just so much nonsense.

ETA: ok I"m breakinig my rule. I"ll quote part of it to show just how wrong the entire article is. The Mirror reads like shoddy fanfiction or something.

Check this bunch of nonsense out:

"Hours later, the 49-year-old tried to carjack a camper van, but the driver fled and called 911.

Within minutes, authorities had Matt surrounded and he was killed with three shots to his head after he failed to comply with their orders."

We ALL know that's wrong. Why do they lie like this??

Shoddy journalism indeed! And then there was one news-feed along with some twitters that were quoting Sen. Schumer as saying this lady had someone knock on her door in the middle of the night, and she didn't answer the door, she called 911 instead, and LE came, and the dogs picked up the scent at her house and followed it to where Matt was, and that's when they shot and killed him. Obviously, that didn't happen..at least not the part where the dogs tracked down Matt from the lady's house. But...even if it did, how would Sen. Schumer be the source of that info?? They were also quoting him on Sweat's medical information last night. Geez!

CNN - "Inmates gathered cabin, terrain info for a year" - waiting to hear why they have that in their ticker but they're switching stories again now.

"Investigators have questioned guards at the Clinton Correctional Facility about what conversations they had with the escapees about life outside the prison, according to a law enforcement official.

They believe Sweat and Matt were gathering information for almost a year about hunting cabins and the fields around the prison to help them navigate the terrain.

It's believed their conversations with the guards might have given the escapees some knowledge of how to get around, the official said."

Shoddy journalism indeed! And then there was one news-feed along with some twitters that were quoting Sen. Schumer as saying this lady had someone knock on her door in the middle of the night, and she didn't answer the door, she called 911 instead, and LE came, and the dogs picked up the scent at her house and followed it to where Matt was, and that's when they shot and killed him. Obviously, that didn't happen..at least not the part where the dogs tracked down Matt from the lady's house. But...even if it did, how would Sen. Schumer be the source of that info?? They were also quoting him on Sweat's medical information last night. Geez!

The lady who heard a knock on her door in the middle of the night did nothing until she found bloody claw marks on her basement door the next morning, that was when she called LE. No dogs ever did anything IIRC.

http://www.wmur.com/news/man-says-outofplace-liquor-bottle-alerted-him-to-escaped-fugitive/33810380

"Carol Gerber, a resident on Webster Road, said she was awakened about 2 a.m. Friday to the sound of banging on her door. She notified police later in the morning and said she later learned their was a blood stain on her door and scratch marks on a door leading to the basement.

Gerber said officials told her she should have called authorities sooner, and they believe one of the fugitives had been there. The discovery led to a search of the area by officers and K-9 units, but as far as Gerber knows, nothing was found."

I never heard it told the way you are telling it now... until I googled it your way and found this - http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/06/26/escaped-prisoner-richard-matt-dead/ - yep it came from Schumer. Ima call him Bernie, as in Weekend at Bernie's. :facepalm:

Crazy how stuff gets mixed up!

""Deputy Tarsia was a good person. Happy, smiling all the time," said Broome County Sheriff David Harder (R). "I don't have much to say good about Sweat. All he was was just a killer, a murderer. The way he treated Deputy Tarsia that night was inhumane."

Now that Sweat has been captured, Tarsia's family wants answers.

"At least now we'll maybe know what happened," said his brother Tom. "They'll put him in a pen where he never gets out. He should have been in there in the first place."

<snip>

During the capture, Sweat suffered two gunshot wounds to the torso.
Tarsia's brother said Sweat got what he deserved.

"I was hoping they'd catch him and shoot him and run him over and do every harmful thing they did to [my brother Kevin]," said Tom."

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/I-had-trouble-310556151.html

As I recall, it was the tenacious detective work of Tarsia's brothers that helped resolved the case. I think I remember that they went back to the park with a metal detector (after LE had done their search) and found a key piece of evidence.

As I recall, it was the tenacious detective work of Tarsia's brothers that helped resolved the case. I think I remember that they went back to the park with a metal detector (after LE had done their search) and found a key piece of evidence.

Correct! Great memory!

I suspect that Tillie was not very popular with other women, at the prison, or otherwise. The only woman who has spoken up for her is her daughter-in-law, who is betrayed by Tillie, along with the rest of her family. JMO

I believe it was a female correction officer who first ratted her out for having an affair with Sweat. Both Sweat and Tillie managed to convince the investigators that the accusation was simply made out of spite, because Tillie and that woman didn't get along. I don't have links for that, but I think someone brought it out (with links) somewhere back in one of the earlier threads.

IMO: There had to have been a whole tight-knit group of Clinton staff involved in the excape-]

Well, I notice GGE graciously overlooked the spelling!! Or, perhaps Minnesota Mary is just having a little fun :)

(I like how Obama has nothing at all to say about this whatsoever. No praise for LE for doing a good job without anyone being hurt, nothing. Only the biggest criminal news story of the 2000s so far, that's all. The escape of the century, ya know. But that's okay. He doesn't need New Yorkers on his side I guess. smh)

You know I was wondering about that. This would have been an excellent time for him and his administration to give a shout out to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413