NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CIq8QrVWUAACD34.jpg

Alexa Green ‏@AlexaTWCNews 8m8 minutes ago

A photo Pamela Sweat shared w/ me of her son #DavidSweat from 2010. Full interview w/ her @TWCNewsCNY #PrisonBreakNY

Here is some of his writing. I would say a teenage girl around age 13 wrote this.

Hardly seems the writing of a tough guy.

Notice the "Uncel"

Let's use our imagination for a minute and think of five questions for David Sweat assuming he really wants to talk......What would you ask him? Here are mine:
1. How did you cut that second hole in the pipe?
2. Who at the prison helped you escape?
3. What was you're biggest mistake in the planning?
4. Did you leave Matt because he was a liability?
5. Did other prisoners know you were escaping?

Those are all good. I would especially like to know the answers to #1, #2 and #4 plus the following:

1) What, exactly, was the final plan for Joyce Mitchell after the escape?

2) Were you and Matt really relying solely on her to provide transportation?

3) Was there a back-up plan(s)?

4) Why were you walking along a town road in Constable in broad daylight Sunday afternoon, which led to your capture?

5) Were you with/near Matt when he was taken down? Did you know he had been killed by LE?

I've got others but those are the five that are forefront in my mind.

Here is some of his writing. I would say a teenage girl around age 13 wrote this.

Notice the "Uncel"

And would you send this to a niece? Inappropriate.

There is a citation here not too long ago that states that he was in foster homes and no record has been found of him attending any schools.

I am a retired teacher and can tell you when children move around a lot and are in foster care with "chemical issues" their education is intensely affected. A child who is under severe stress would be worried about his very being, not educational issues.

He is removed from his parent(s). That is one of the most basic of a child's needs.

If he were in foster homes, school attendance would be a requirement, just as it would be if he were living with his parent(s). Also, his mother mentioned he was bullied at school. It's not that there's no record of his school attendance -- it's that the 3 schools that the reporter checked didn't have a record of his attendance.

Some children from troubled homes, or lots of living transitions (group homes, etc.) may find school the one place of order in their lives, the one place they might receive positive attention (if they are good students). I took in one of my students for awhile, after she aged out of the foster system, and even though she had mental health issues, and a horrific past, she was a straight A student.

Here is the reference to his life as a child.

Prisons have volunteers . There are also clergy who come.

Are there volunteers who had interactions with Sweat and Matt?

I stand by my assertion that he did not write the letter. It may be his feminine handwriting or not, but he did not compose that letter, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Momoffourboys View Post
I feel very sorry for his mother. This must be so awful. What do you hope for when your son is a convicted murderer? It's still her son.
I know. It must be heart-wrenching. She said in one article that apparently his violence started when he was being bullied in school. He took a knife to school and go in trouble for that. She also said in a recorded interview that he was diagnosed with a "chemical imbalance" around 9 or 10, which was sort of a euphemism back then for mental illness (I wonder if he was being treated for whatever it was while in prison?). But there may have been other troubles in the home, or perhaps one of his sister also had some behavior issues/mental illness because both of them were in foster care for part of their childhood. And his educational background seems a bit sketchy -- none of the elementary schools in the area where he lived has a record of his attendance. But he does seem to have acquired at least an adequate education. His letter shows excellent grammar (unlike Matt) and beautiful handwriting, and he must have been trained in art at some point (someone posted a painting on twitter that HE had done -- a little girl with a horse -- that was really quite good). I also noticed from that letter that he wrote to the reporter that he has an interesting blend of politeness, along with frankness in the way that he declined her request for an interview.

Those are all good. I would especially like to know the answers to #1, #2 and #4 plus the following:

1) What, exactly, was the final plan for Joyce Mitchell after the escape?

2) Were you and Matt really relying solely on her to provide transportation?

3) Was there a back-up plan(s)?

4) Why were you walking along a town road in Constable in broad daylight Sunday afternoon, which led to your capture?

5) Were you with/near Matt when he was taken down? Did you know he had been killed by LE?

I've got others but those are the five that are forefront in my mind.

Actually, I read in one account that he wasn't walking, he was jogging. I think there was a patch of land there where he had no tree cover, so may have been trying to cover that area as quickly as possible, and just at that moment the officer came along on patrol.

If he were in foster homes, school attendance would be a requirement, just as it would be if he were living with his parent(s). Also, his mother mentioned he was bullied at school. It's not that there's no record of his school attendance -- it's that the 3 schools that the reporter checked didn't have a record of his attendance.

Some children from troubled homes, or lots of living transitions (group homes, etc.) may find school the one place of order in their lives, the one place they might receive positive attention (if they are good students). I took in one of my students for awhile, after she aged out of the foster system, and even though she had mental health issues, and a horrific past, she was a straight A student.

Interesting. We will have to disagree.

I'm wondering about that. Those first hours were so critical to the success of their plan. The surprise visitor to the first cabin really was a gift to LE. I remember the frenzied searches along the Pa/NY border, LE having no idea that they were still so close to the prison. It's really amazing that they were caught at all, imo.

Bestill, an aware citizenry is often times, if not always a gift to LE in high profile investigations. Due to cell phones, social media, and other communication technology. Hunters are the eyes and ears of the forest and the American public is analogous to a security camera across the landscape of the USA and beyond. The public is LE's most valuable investigative resource when utilized..

I agree that the first hours were very critical, bestill. I'm still scratching my head wondering why there wasn't an escaped prisoner pre-plan prepared by the DOC that included all hunting clubs, vacant/abandoned structures, and other cabins within a specified distance of the prison to be initially searched and cleared.

What is amazing is that convicted murderers Matt and Sweat were killed or captured without a citizen or LEA being injured or killed, imo...

Notice the "Uncel"

Guess they don't have to just eat SOY in this prison. I guess I thought it was mandatory to only give SOY so inmates did not bulk up. But we know they got hamburger etc from Tilley. I don't think this is an inappropriate pic for a teenager. Probably one of the few he had and he was smiling, fully dressed, nothing inappropriate IMO.

Guys, way to many off topic posts going on. Please stay on track and leave the politics at the door.

Thank you

I have been following this with you guys the entire time. I haven't put my two cents in at all mostly because I'm new and was acquainting myself with the rules and didn't want to make a mistake. I guess I'm wondering if it's legal to put a little truth serum in his IV drip. I am kidding but it sure would help get some answers.

I have been following this with you guys the entire time. I haven't put my two cents in at all mostly because I'm new and was acquainting myself with the rules and didn't want to make a mistake. I guess I'm wondering if it's legal to put a little truth serum in his IV drip. I am kidding but it sure would help get some answers.

I have approached that idea before myself with Casey Anthony and NO apparently it is not legal.. Which to me really sucks, especially when your dealing with missing children..it should be mandatory IMO.

I asked my hubby about tools left by construction workers.

He has not worked in a prison, but has worked in locked units of hospitals. He said that tools are checked in and checked out everday when they are on the job site.

He said it would be unbelievabke that tools are locked in a gang box and left in the prison.

He feels that it is incredibly strange or lax or incompetent.

He said that he could cut a Master Lock with some simple tool. I forget what he said. He said to leave a grinder in the prison would be insane.

Lots going in in that prison.

It was reported (CNN) that Sweat will be returned to a northern NY county for charges in the prison escape, but will he necessarily be returned to Clinton? Maybe it would be in everyone's best interest for Sweat to be housed in an alternate maximum security correctional facility.

I wonder if the employees of the prison (including subcontrated ones) are required to report all of properties they own.

If Sweat did go back to Clinton, he's probably going to have a lot of Honor Block folks really Pizzed at him, if they all lost their perks due to him.

Oh and they've all been watching a little bit too much "Days of our Lives DRAMA".

My husband and I are off to Albany Med, this should be an adventure.

Welcome to the Websleuths family, Caycee.. Great first post.. Stick around we could use your help on the many threads of the silent epidemic of the unsolved missing/murdered persons investigations, etc..
Hopefully the anesthesiologist will slip something into Sweat's IV to get him talking, huh?

:wagon: :welcome:

CIq8QrVWUAACD34.jpg

Alexa Green ‏@AlexaTWCNews 8m8 minutes ago

A photo Pamela Sweat shared w/ me of her son #DavidSweat from 2010. Full interview w/ her @TWCNewsCNY #PrisonBreakNY

I know the question of who the artist is has come up a few times up and I came to the conclusion that they're both artists, but look at the Ys. I don't know why Sweat would give Matt credit for his work nor do I know why he'd sign them as Matt, but the Ys sure look the same to me. (Although I was obviously wrong about the park graffiti being Sweat's handwriting, so I may be way off base with this too.)

150625-richard-matt-oprah-winfrey-yh-1029a_4e92d96e8a34834cd588019c7282b9b0.nbcnews-fp-360-360.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ne...mer-allegedly-took-escapees-paintings-n381531

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413