NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this kind of stuff goes on in all prisons, in Texas a death row inmate got a hold of a cell phone and called a judge and threatened him and his daughters, now how in the world did he get a cell phone and get the judge's home phone number? It was the judge that convicted him btw.

The problem at that prison in Huntsville was so bad they talked about scrambling the signals since so many cell phones were floating around the place.

Every single time I go out! :gaah:

Well I guess I can finally submit my own speculation as to why they would help these guys to escape:

They weren't supposed to escape. They were supposed to go out just for the night and come back in after meeting some of Matt's drug cartel contacts from his time in Mexico (he was shipped back to the US with one, even) - they were motivated by greed because of their part in the heroin ring. Really thought the guys would come back - they probably had gone out and back a few times in days leading up to this as LE has come out and said it appeared they'd rehearsed the escape a few times at least.

Just a thought added to the pile of "why would they help?" speculations.

ROFLMAO
Tom Fuentes on CNN right now. Really like that man, a voice of reason. Stated with all that went on I'm surprised people were not trying to break in that Prison :laughing:

Lol.....too funny!

Could drugs have been transported through the paintings in any way? Curious.

if paintings were allowed in and not inspected properly, yes

up here even stamps are peeled off & stickers not allowed

Every single time I go out! :gaah:

Well I guess I can finally submit my own speculation as to why they would help these guys to escape:

They weren't supposed to escape. They were supposed to go out just for the night and come back in after meeting some of Matt's drug cartel contacts from his time in Mexico (he was shipped back to the US with one, even) - they were motivated by greed because of their part in the heroin ring. Really thought the guys would come back - they probably had gone out and back a few times in days leading up to this as LE has come out and said it appeared they'd rehearsed the escape a few times at least.

Just a thought added to the pile of "why would they help?" speculations.

It sure seems silly to me to go to all that trouble and not have a better plan B like a complete Amish outfit including a horse and buggy, or a complete Jewish outfit with the costume and hat along with a bike or car and fake Id's etc so as to at least make a sufficient attempt to stay free, it just seems so pointless knowing what the end results would be without a good plan

"Investigators are also examining whether Matt and Sweat were part of the alleged drug trafficking ring, according to law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation.

So far, they've uncovered information indicating that Matt and Sweat may have enjoyed greater freedoms inside the prison, even more than other prisoners in the so-called honor block, the officials said.

Among the questions investigators are focusing on: Did the two inmates get those freedoms because of their involvement with some of the alleged illegal activity with other guards?"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/29/us/new-york-prison-investigation/

A thought occurred to me, that the real users in there probably don't even think about escaping because they know which side of the bread is buttered. JMO

Can LE check the residue from the burned paintings for drugs? Could dogs still sniff it out?

CNN - Jean Casarez just said Sweat told LE today that Palmer didn't know abut the escape, only Tillie. Not sure if that had been known before I got back here or not - didn't notice it mentioned though.

Going back to the riot, a few weeks before the escape. Who and where is the person that made the final decision NOT to lock down and search the prison? Did they not want it searched knowing full well about the drug ring inside?

It sure seems silly to me to go to all that trouble and not have a better plan B like a complete Amish outfit including a horse and buggy, or a complete Jewish outfit with the costume and hat along with a bike or car and fake Id's etc so as to at least make a sufficient attempt to stay free, it just seems so pointless knowing what the end results would be without a good plan

The Amish disguise would have been a great idea. I doubt LE would want to stop an Amish buggy cart with a long bearded guy.

If they would have just had some extra cash and a cellphone, then I think a simple call to a Taxi may have worked too. I wonder why they didnt try that.
They could have called a taxicab and been taken to NYC to blend in with population before the news broke over the radio.

Can LE check the residue from the burned paintings for drugs? Could dogs still sniff it out?

not sure

was it said what condition the paintings were in when recovered - was it just a pile of ashes or did they even recover them - maybe Palmer just told them he burned them IYKWIM

Matts TOX hasn't been released. But, IMO no user would plan his escape and withdrawal at the same time. JMO

The Amish disguise would have been a great idea. I doubt LE would want to stop an Amish buggy cart with a long bearded guy.

If they would have just had some extra cash and a cellphone, then I think a simple call to a Taxi may have worked too. I wonder why they didnt try that.
They could have called a taxicab and been taken to NYC to blend in with population before the news broke over the radio.

even a 500 dollar car from craigslist would have been a better idea than trusting ole Tillie

I tend to believe Sweat. They could trust those on the inside who helped willingly or not realizing they were helping with an escape. Those folks had much to lose providing favors of any kind. It would be a huge risk to try and have somebody on the outside help. That could have ended the great escape. I'm so glad they were contained as it may have been a series of carjackings, robberies etc. They had such a head start they could have been miles away had Tillie showed up.

Let's think about this, some of the paintings he burned and some he buried, that's just dang strange. I asked earlier if drugs could be smuggled via the paintings (maybe it was in the paint?).

Its a good question and use of the paintings as part of the smuggling is possible IMO.

For example if Frames were being sent into the prison then there could have been hollowed out areas of the wooden frames to get the drugs in.

Even the raised texture areas of a painting could hide drugs. Like if they boiled down concentrated heroin and made a liquid of it then they could paste some in a corner of a painting and use dye to blend it in with the painting.

If the prisoner knew a certain corner of the painting always had that done to it, they could scrape off the area and have a small amount of drugs.

If it was done to the whole painting then the amount could be substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.