NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Sweat is gaming the system and winning. He had a radio with him. He knows what has been reported in the news. He wants to survive in solitary confinement, so he will play their game. He knows Tilly already admitted her involvement, so of course he is going to parrot everything she has confessed to. He gets two birds with one stone that way. Revenge and keeps on the best terms possible with any CO at any facility for not turning in anyone else involved. He is sly, and and unless the can prove he is telling lies all of the talking he is reported to to doing will certainly help him in the future. IMO

IMO, Sweat is gaming the system and winning. He had a radio with him. He knows what has been reported in the news. He wants to survive in solitary confinement, so he will play their game. He knows Tilly already admitted her involvement, so of course he is going to parrot everything she has confessed to. He gets two birds with one stone that way. Revenge and keeps on the best terms possible with any CO at any facility for not turning in anyone else involved. He is sly, and and unless the can prove he is telling lies all of the talking he is reported to to doing will certainly help him in the future. IMO

IMO it can't all be lies because they've said repeatedly that they'll corroborate his statements before putting anyone on leave yet 12 people were put on leave today which included making the person in charge of the prison and overseeing SIX total prisons take early retirement. This indicates to me that he's telling verifiable stuff. You don't do things like that based on nothing, and I don't think an independent investigation exposed ALL those people in a few days or whatever without him giving something to go on that panned out.

JMO

ETA plus his mother said straight out that he used to tell on himself all the time as a kid. I believe her. JMO

After watching the interview with Momma Sweat, I think if David had been killed by LE during the escape she would have sued the state of NY and prison for negligence.

I would not be surprised. I noticed every now and then there is a picture shown of when they were a young family. I think she is being paid for talking in that round about way of paying licensing fees.

I agree with you. Someone should reach out to Tillie.

Lifetime just does 'fluff' movies. I wish someone would make a good movie. This story has more twists & turns than almost any good movie than I've ever seen. The story deserves talented treatment of the subject matter.[/QUOTE]

It would be a good Clint Eastwood movie.

I would not be surprised. I noticed every now and then there is a picture shown of when they were a young family. I think she is being paid for talking in that round about way of paying licensing fees.

This area has no employment opportunities, not a whole lot of money, growing crime and drugs, it's a nowhere city that has been going downhill for a long long time and will probably become a ghost town just about in another 50 years the way it's going. Really sad.

I have no doubt she needs the money and hope she can afford a used car so she can at least visit her son in prison if she chooses to do so. JMO.

So Matt's body is unclaimed, doesn't state have to bury him since he was a convict and died while under the states system?

O/T Drew Peterson's new story is on CNN at 9pm

Erik Jensen and ex prisoner just said on CNN that inmates may get to go on a " family reunion program trailer visit for 3 days with their family and not search their family for contraband " in exchange for info. What is this ? does this mean they leave the prison for 3 days ? WTF ???

Personally I do not want sweat to look like a hero type criminal in a movie............he is a ruthless murderer.
He would watch it, laugh and be a hero to other criminals...............

IMO it can't all be lies because they've said repeatedly that they'll corroborate his statements before putting anyone on leave yet 12 people were put on leave today which included making the person in charge of the prison and overseeing SIX total prisons take early retirement. This indicates to me that he's telling verifiable stuff. You don't do things like that based on nothing, and I don't think an independent investigation exposed ALL those people in a few days or whatever without him giving something to go on that panned out.

JMO

ETA plus his mother said straight out that he used to tell on himself all the time as a kid. I believe her. JMO
Do we know if these people were put on leave because of the escape, or were they put on leave because of everything else that was uncovered during the investigation of the escape?
I agree he told on himself (which will benefit him down the road) but so far that I have seen he has not told on anyone else but Tilly. Maybe he has and since it is being investigated it just hasn't been released yet.

CNN - looking into guards working double shifts for a month then taking a month off, explains why it would seem some allegedly slept on the job pretty regularly.

great job benefits.................a month off and sleep on your double shift and get paid for it.....................what a joke! the system sure is broken!
What boss lets employees do this????

Sweat actually said they were going to kill her husband.

I don't understand WHY?
WHY kill him? Just take the wifey, the car and GO FAR FAR AWAY!!!!
WHY kill the husband?
Does anyone understand that?

(Did Joyce WANT her husband killed and mentioned it to the team of S&M?)

I wondered about that too. Then when he was interviewed he said they always went everywhere together -- they drove to work together, and I guess ran errands together, etc. Maybe it was simply logistical -- if Tillie was supposed to pick them up at midnight, how would she get away from the house with the car without Lyle noticing? I mean, what excuse could she give for needing to go somewhere at 11 PM? So...maybe they thought the only way she could get away from Lyle would be to drug him, and then kill him so he couldn't report his wife and car missing?

I wondered about that too. Then when he was interviewed he said they always went everywhere together -- they drove to work together, and I guess ran errands together, etc. Maybe it was simply logistical -- if Tillie was supposed to pick them up at midnight, how would she get away from the house with the car without Lyle noticing? I mean, what excuse could she give for needing to go somewhere at 11 PM? So...maybe they thought the only way she could get away from Lyle would be to drug him, and then kill him so he couldn't report his wife and car missing?

They could just drug the hubby....or Tilly could mix something up in his late night beverage to make him sleep a little sounder. But kill him? No way!!! It doesn't make sense at all!

Heads' up - AC360 is covering this but I can't transcribe tonight because I'm watching America's Got Talent.

While I agree killing Lyle doesn't make a lot of sense...
It might if they thought it would give them more time to get away.

Would anyone but Lyle have reported Tillie missing right away?
Would anyone else have even noticed her missing right away?

Maybe the reason the inmates agreed to kill Lyle was to give them MORE of a head start.
That is of course assuming that they really did plan to kill him to begin with. :twocents:

Oh, for Pete's sake! Lyle Mitchell's attorney on Anderson Cooper right now says "Lyle's still in love with her"

:facepalm:

So Matt's body is unclaimed, doesn't state have to bury him since he was a convict and died while under the states system?

O/T Drew Peterson's new story is on CNN at 9pm

Oh, the CNN special is also focused on the scenario of Drew putting a hit on the prosecutor

Female correspondent, no idea who she is, on AC360:

Re Joyce--

...she used muffins to convince the guards to do her bidding (paraphrasing) "which shows her Intent"

I believe I caught AC look at guest incredulously

There is an old saying that a good boss delegates authority because it is impossible for the head of a large institution be involved with every important detail in the running of a large company or institution. IMO, this is true. However the problem is selecting the right people for the delegated authority. Probably most of us here have, at one time or another in our life, been deceived or harmed by someone we trusted explicitly. We need to select our subordinates carefully & not just blindly assume they are dutifully performing their jobs correctly.

Too funny....my boss told me once that he paid me so well to keep me honest! You know what, there's a lot of truth to that when you think about it psychologically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member