NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AC360

Lyle's attorney on phone with AC:

"Lyle will wait for Joyce [Tillie] "

LM is applying, transferring to another facility in the area; wants to continue working in system

Oh, for Pete's sake! Lyle Mitchell's attorney on Anderson Cooper right now says "Lyle's still in love with her"

:facepalm:

I literally laughed out loud when he said that Lyle keeps saying that "Joyce saved his life". He's going to stick by her. He's crazy too, imo.

Oh, for Pete's sake! Lyle Mitchell's attorney on Anderson Cooper right now says "Lyle's still in love with her"

:facepalm:

Yeah, saw that & had to jump in here for that! And he's going to wait for her? What's wrong with this guy???????

IMO it can't all be lies because they've said repeatedly that they'll corroborate his statements before putting anyone on leave yet 12 people were put on leave today which included making the person in charge of the prison and overseeing SIX total prisons take early retirement. This indicates to me that he's telling verifiable stuff. You don't do things like that based on nothing, and I don't think an independent investigation exposed ALL theose people in a few days or whatever without him giving something to go on that panned out

ETA plus his mother said straight out that he used to tell on himself all the time as a kid. I believe her. JMO

Me thinks he is retiring to ensure he gets his benefits. If he stayed on and was fired...then he'd probably lose retirement. Correct?

Me thinks he is retiring to ensure he gets his benefits. If he stayed on and was fired...then he'd probably lose retirement. Correct?

You must have 10 years in to get anything out of retirement. You get extra pay for additional years and can get benefits for life and full pay if you stay long enough.

...Sweat added that Matt "rarely" ventured down there, Wylie said.

But on June 5, the men both went through the tunnels and ended up at a manhole near the prison facility in the town of Dannemora, that was close to homes, Sweat said. They popped their heads up, but decided it would not be the right hole to escape from.

Instead, they decided, when it came time to bust out of Clinton, they would escape from a different manhole that appeared slightly more secluded, Sweat added.

The convicted killer told investigators that prison worker Joyce Mitchell was supposed to pick up them up the night of the actual escape, and they were going to head for West Virginia, and then, eventually, Mexico.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ne...ractice-run-night-escaping-prosecutor-n384701

West Virginia is way further away than 7 hours, and you don't need a 4WD to go off road there anywhere in the mountains. They are crisscrossed every which way with dirt/unpaved back roads nobody ever thought to name. But....with far fewer unoccupied cabins scattered about.

WV makes no sense to me, and it definitely doesn't match what they told Tillie. Whatever else, Sweat just confessed he lied to Tillie about their plans, though that falls short of admitting she wasn't going to share in them whatever they were.

Erik Jensen and ex prisoner just said on CNN that inmates may get to go on a " family reunion program trailer visit for 3 days with their family and not search their family for contraband " in exchange for info. What is this ? does this mean they leave the prison for 3 days ? WTF ???

With all due respect, I think the New York prison system must be really strange. I'm sure the state's intentions were good but there sure do seem to be a lot of 'feel good' perks for prisoners. Does this happen in other states? I know we in Texas are considered cruel by some & the Texas prisons are, beyond doubt, but surely there are some states who manage to reach a happy medium in dealing with their prisoners.

So Tillie seeks or attracts men who are as dumb as a door knob & murders who escape from prison. Who will she hook up with when she's sent away?

A psychiatrist could have a field day with this!

Yeah, saw that & had to jump in here for that! And he's going to wait for her? What's wrong with this guy???????

To be kind, I doubt the guy would score very high on an IQ test PLUS love is blind, deaf, & dumb.

How did you feel when you heard that your son was found alive?
I was happy. A lot of stress was off me.

And now he's telling authorities all about his escape plan. Does it surprise you?

No he always told on himself when he was a kid.

Being his mother makes this hard on you in a lot of ways. This was meticulously planned, are you surprised he took this risk to do this?
Yeah I'm really surprised I still say to this day that if that woman, if those guys, wouldn't have given that stuff they couldnt' have ever escaped, they woudln't have even done this, they knew better.

You're talking about Joyce Mitchell.
Not just her, but other people in the prison system.

And what do you think should happen to them?
I do'nt know but they shouldn't 'get away with it, cuz my son could've been killed like that other guy. They basically let 'em loose. They couldn't have done it without their help. (paraphrased)

What does he say in the letters?
About how he cooks and when it's his turn, um, things each one does for each other, and he was making pocket on jeans and working in the library.

Did he ever talk about Matt or other people?
No just one girlfriend he used to have. She used to come see him.

And I know he went to jail for burglary at one time and he had a list of crimes he intended to commit in the future and I know this is hard to ask a mother but was he always this type of person to plan to do these terrible crimes?

No, not that I knew of, I used to take him to Dr. Frost (?) and they used to give him some pills for.. I can't remember what it's called.. there's something in his brain that's not right.

This is your son. what is your hope for his future?
I just hope he learned his lesson and he stays where he's at and I get to go see him.

So you do want to visit him?
Yes. but if he's up in Dannemora he's too far away.

And as his mother you still love him?
Yes I do, very much, I love all of my children.

And what would your message to him be if he's watching this right now?
I hope he gets better and I love him and I miss him.

Ok...now that's a mix of funny ("he always told on himself"), sad (can't remember what doc said, but something isn't right with his brain), and something else....her son is too far away to visit??

Ok...now that's a mix of funny ("he always told on himself"), sad (can't remember what doc said, but something isn't right with his brain), and something else....her son is too far away to visit??

It's like 4 hours away anyway, each way, and she doesn't have a car as far as I know.

ETA - google maps says 4 hrs 38 min each way.

Sweat's condition having been listed as fair must be better for him to do all this talking.

So Tillie seeks or attracts men who are as dumb as a door knob & murders who escape from prison. Who will she hook up with when she's sent away?

A psychiatrist could have a field day with this!

Probably will.

Sweat says he didn't use any power tools at all:

Authorities said the pair used the tools to cut through steel walls in the maximum-security prison and then cut through a steam pipe to shimmy to freedom.

But Sweat tells a different story. He says he did not use power tools - only a hacksaw blade...

http://www.wkbw.com/news/sweat-tells-da-he-started-making-escape-in-january

Sweat also claims he didn't pick any lock on contractor's toolbox that was left in the catwalk.

And the drill bits Tillie gave them were used for............?

Investigators have said since day one they used power tools...not "possibly used," but "used." They even released a photo of the wall they unsuccessfully attempted to drill through before coming up with the idea of cutting through the steam pipe:
imrs.php

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ty-prison-with-power-tools-and-extra-bedding/

"And to power their tools, they hot-wired the electrical junction boxes and strung extension cords." http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/felons-escaped-n-y-prison-cuomo-article-1.2250257

This photo shows the extension cord. Note the mask too:
628x471.jpg

http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...-return-to-court-in-6355185.php#photo-8119918

But for argument's sake, let's say he's telling the truth. From the article in the quoted post:

"But Sweat tells a different story. He says he did not use power tools - only a hacksaw blade. Sweat told the Clinton County DA that he started cutting through the steel cellblock in January and had access to a catwalk area in the prison bowels for several weeks before escaping."

Tillie admitted to giving them hacksaw blades via Palmer, but that was only six days before they escaped. So how and from whom did they get the hacksaw blade in January, if that is indeed what they used and when they started? There's still holes in his story....unless it comes out that some of those who were placed on leave today helped them too.

I am not surprised by the stories that Sweat is spinning. Is there some truth in each thing he says? I think so. But, he is definitely making himself seem perfect in planning, disclosing his thinking, etc. Extension cords but no power tools? Deer blind above the LEOs? Not sure. Nah. He has a narrative that he is selling but it is not necessarily the truth. There are bigger fish to fry in all of this. Sweat is trying to be the "good boy" who is trying to veer people away from the big issues ---drug dealing, guards on the wrong side, admins who turn a blind eye. Just waiting to see the whole picture beyond Sweat's picture.

I imagine blades get dull so they would need plenty for the work they did.

Just think. The art work, the pllanning, the skill in cutting so neatly--- they could have been productive in life.

I am not surprised by the stories that Sweat is spinning. Is there some truth in each thing he says? I think so. But, he is definitely making himself seem perfect in planning, disclosing his thinking, etc. Extension cords but no power tools? Deer blind above the LEOs? Not sure. Nah. He has a narrative that he is selling but it is not necessarily the truth. There are bigger fish to fry in all of this. Sweat is trying to be the "good boy" who is trying to veer people away from the big issues ---drug dealing, guards on the wrong side, admins who turn a blind eye. Just waiting to see the whole picture beyond Sweat's picture.

I agree with all you say. Let me just say, tho, it may be the meds he's on that are allowing him to leak like a volcano. When I was in the hospital a few years ago for a cracked rib and pneumonia, they had me on Percocet and when it kicked in, I was happy, happy, happy and full of love, peace and happiness for everyone; anything anyone wanted me to do, I was in. I suspect maybe if he's on something like that, he's just feeling mellow and willing to talk...maybe more so than he would be if he were in a "normal" state without medication.

(BTW...I can see how people get addicted to stuff like Percocet. When my subscription ran out, after I'd been released from the hospital, I was kind of sad!)

Of course...Sweat does have incentive to talk to avoid the maximum amount of solitary that faces him in his next facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klints tabitha