NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<snip>

But Mitchell, who has been arrested on charges she helped the inmates, did not require much coaxing. She went out of her way to make sure Matt and Sweat were in the good graces of prison staffers by giving away sweets.

“It’s almost nonsensical. She baked brownies and cookies and gave them to other staffers, hoping they would be lenient on Matt and Sweat,” the law enforcement official said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...ard-matt-david-sweat-for-her-husband-20150706

It's not "almost nonsensical": It's nonsense and LE, the COs and the Admins know it!!

I don't get it. Why should her baking goodies mean they should be lenient on any prisoners???:waitasec:

Unless she was baking hash brownies, no reason. I am glad Lyle is sticking by her side, maybe he can take her some burgers when she goes up the river.
Just when you think this story is going to get even crazier, it does. Lyle my friends is 100% Cuckold, end of story.

NY prison escape: Richard Matt's family receives donations for funeral

Matt's only son Nick Harris told The Buffalo Newsthat a private service will be held this weekend at an undisclosed location. He said certain people will be invited and thanked people who made donations to help with the cost.

"A lady whose husband is a corrections officer and knew my father just came by and asked, 'Are you Nicholas?' I said, 'Yes,' and she handed me an envelope with a donation," Harris, 23, told the newspaper. "Another person sent me a money order and signed it 'a complete stranger'... But I want it known I am not going out of my way seeking contributions."

The Angola, N.Y. resident added that he had to use college tuition funds to cover the cost of transferring his father's body from Plattsburgh to a funeral home in Western New York for cremation.

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index...cape_richard_matt_funeral_joyce_mitchell.html

Slipper Factory Co-Worker: Joyce Mitchell Was Involved in a Love Triangle Before Allegedly Helping Prisoners Escape

"I met Tobey a year and a half after they divorced," Premo tells PEOPLE. "She cheated on Tobey with the man she is married to. They all worked together. He was a basket case when I met him. He was devastated."

When Tobey learned of their affair, says Premo, "He was so mad, he followed Lyle to the bathroom and got into a fight with him. That caused tension between him and Joyce for a while. She denied it, though, for a while."

Since all three worked together, Mitchell's affair with Lyle was the talk of the factory.

"They were the gossip," a former co-worker tells PEOPLE. "We were nosy and curious. Every day you had a new story with her."

http://www.people.com/article/ny-prison-break-joyce-mitchell-first-love-triangle

Dozens Escaped Dannemora
http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...mora-prison-before-Richard-6374254.php#page-1

Gov. Cuoma asserted that no one has escaped Clinton in 100 years. In fact, nearly 70 men escaped between 1914 and 1922. Seven were never caught again.

Two inmates serving time for burglary scaled the stockade wall and fled into the deep woods. Instead of crossing over the border into Canada, they got lost, inadvertently circled back and were recaptured a few hundred yards from the prison walls.

Can you imagine finally escaping and walking around in a circle ? I guess you would have a long time to think about that! what a nightmare.

Could almost make the convict suicidal.

On another note - Sweat did get what he wanted, he is out of Clinton Correctional now and wont be going back there, just not the way he wanted to be.

I wonder if Sweat would trade it all to either have been shot dead, or just not broken out to begin with....guess it doesn't matter now.

Slipper Factory Co-Worker: Joyce Mitchell Was Involved in a Love Triangle Before Allegedly Helping Prisoners Escape

"I met Tobey a year and a half after they divorced," Premo tells PEOPLE. "She cheated on Tobey with the man she is married to. They all worked together. He was a basket case when I met him. He was devastated."

When Tobey learned of their affair, says Premo, "He was so mad, he followed Lyle to the bathroom and got into a fight with him. That caused tension between him and Joyce for a while. She denied it, though, for a while."

Since all three worked together, Mitchell's affair with Lyle was the talk of the factory.

"They were the gossip," a former co-worker tells PEOPLE. "We were nosy and curious. Every day you had a new story with her."

http://www.people.com/article/ny-prison-break-joyce-mitchell-first-love-triangle

Prison affairs must be common. My daughter works at a prison and sees this going on all the time. Employees are having affairs with other employees. Employees occasionally get caught with prisoners. I knew a married couple that worked there way back when and it wasn't long before they each started having affairs. They were divorced before too long.

Hannah McDonald &#8207;@HannahWPTZ
Police: The backpack Sweat had on him when he was captured has not been claimed #PrisonBreakNY

World&#8217;s worst drug lord escapes from Mexican prison
By Associated PressJuly 12, 2015 |

'Life of fear' awaits twins who ratted out drug lord: judge

MEXICO CITY &#8212; Top Mexican drug lord Joaquin &#8220;El Chapo&#8221; Guzman, head of the powerful Sinaloa Cartel, has escaped from a maximum security prison for the second time, Mexican officials said as they launched a manhunt.

Guzman was last seen about 9 p.m. Saturday in the shower area of the Altiplano prison, 90 kilometers (56 miles) outside of Mexico City, according to a statement from the National Security Commission. He went to the shower area but after some time was lost by security camera surveillance. Upon checking his cell, authorities found it was empty.

His Sinaloa Cartel empire still stretches throughout North America and reaches as far away as Europe and Australia. The cartel has been heavily involved in the bloody drug war that has torn through parts of Mexico for the last decade, taking at least an estimated 100,000 lives.

Mexican officials had no immediate comment, but have scheduled a press conference for 7 a.m. local time.

I've cut and paste - it's NOT the entire article - not at all. This is terrible.
And - now Donald Trump will jump ALL over this one - just watch!!! And if I were
Donald - and he has been tearing into Mexican's in the past 2 weeks - THIS is ONE MAN
you don't want to criticize - I'd be looking over my shoulder if I were THEDONALD!

There wouldn't be drug lords if there wasn't the insatiable desire for drugs in America and the rest of the world.

I hooe everyone who is a drug user thinks about their contribution to the scourge

I can't decide if he was so drunk that he was shooting recklessly or if he was shooting because he wanted it to be over.??

Thanks for link. There's a lot of new detail in it, including who may be claiming a huge chunk of award.

FWIW, I doubt Matt was so drunk he didn't know what he was doing.

Tillie failed them, they were spotted in Owl's head, 1,000 plus LEOs were in hot pursuit and honing in on their location, and Sweat had abandoned him. IMO he knew it was over, knew what awaited him if captured, and had no interest in being taken alive.

Sweat was obviously more determined, but it was only by sheer luck that a lone beat cop spotted him and shot. Who knows what Sweat would have done if he'd been cornered by multiple LEOs as Matt was.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back