NY NY - Christina White, 19, Ballston Spa, Saratoga County, 30 June 2005 *remains found in Greenfield*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Christina N. White

Basic Information

Race:
White
DOB: July 4, 1985
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 95 pounds
Eyes: Blue

Additional Information

Christina White was last seen by family members on the evening of June 30, 2005, in Ballston Spa, Saratoga County, NY. Her skeletal remains were found almost a year later on Daketown Rd., Greenfield, Saratoga County, NY, about 8 miles from her home. She had been stabbed in the abdomen. Her phone, wallet and a knife that she always carried were missing.

If you have any information, please call:
Saratoga County Sheriff
Ballston Spa, New York
(518) 885-6761

or e-mail the information to: nysvicap@troopers.ny.gov

MILTON — A Milton woman whose skeleton was found Friday in Daketown State Forest was stabbed to death, the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday. ‘We are treating this as a homicide,’ Undersheriff Michael Woodcock said. Christina N. White left her family home in the Stockade Mobile Home Park on Rock City Road June 30. She was last seen in the Geyser Road-Rowland Street area in the early morning of July 1. Her family reported her missing July 3. She was 19 years old when she was reported missing, but her 20th birthday has since passed. Woodcock said Wednesday that police don’t know when White died.

Based on the condition of her skeleton, they believe she’d been dead in the woods since shortly after her disappearance. Daketown State Forest, 505 acres of mostly pine tree plantations, is about a mile north of Middle Grove on Lake Desolation Road and about six miles from White’s home.

Christina White suffered from bipolar disorder and was in the habit of taking long walks when she was upset. The Rev. Nick TeBordo of the United Church of Cohoes remembered White as a little girl who came to Sunday school every week, often bringing her younger brother and sister with her.

‘I didn’t know the woman she’d become, or was becoming, I should say,’ TeBordo said. ‘I remember a little girl who obviously loved her brother and sister and who loved Jesus.’ He has spoken often with the White family since Sunday, when a forensic dentist matched the remains with White’s records and identified the bones as hers. ‘I know they are coming together,’ TeBordo said.

‘I know they’d been praying since she disappeared.’ Undersheriff Woodcock said a task force of about 20 detectives from the county and state police is still working on the case. ‘We’re concentrating on the town of Milton right now, all the places she hung out,’ Woodcock said. ‘We’re talking to all the ex-boyfriends, friends and family members.’

He said they are looking for anyone who may have seen White to call them at 885-2475 or 885-6761. She was a small, slightly built woman and favored dark, goth-style clothing.

*2017:
Two red-headed young women disappeared in the early 2000s from mobile home parks in Milton. Years later, hunters found their remains less than five miles apart, hidden deep in the woods of Greenfield. Neither slaying has been solved.

Investigators do know one thing: their deaths are most likely related.

Saratoga County Sheriff Michael Zurlo said the similarities are uncanny. "They lived in close proximity of each other," he said. One was 18 years old, the other was 19 when they disappeared on summer days two years apart. Zurlo declined to say how the women died, saying investigators want to see if tips match their facts.

The cold cases resurfaced Friday after the sheriff's office published the details of unsolved homicides online in the hopes to generate new leads. "Any little thing helps," Zurlo said.

The web page states "there is a strong possibility" the 2003 and 2005 deaths of the two young women are related.

*2017:
Two red-headed young women disappeared in the early 2000s from mobile home parks in Milton. Years later, hunters found their remains less than five miles apart, hidden deep in the woods of Greenfield. Neither slaying has been solved.

Investigators do know one thing: their deaths are most likely related.

Saratoga County Sheriff Michael Zurlo said the similarities are uncanny. "They lived in close proximity of each other," he said. One was 18 years old, the other was 19 when they disappeared on summer days two years apart. Zurlo declined to say how the women died, saying investigators want to see if tips match their facts.

The cold cases resurfaced Friday after the sheriff's office published the details of unsolved homicides online in the hopes to generate new leads. "Any little thing helps," Zurlo said.

The web page states "there is a strong possibility" the 2003 and 2005 deaths of the two young women are related.
Thank you, I couldn't access the link to copy the wording but I'd read it earlier today and wanted others to be able to see it. So thank you for that!

1696605633110.jpegChristina White’s mother, Suzanne, said her family — her daughter and son, and their grandmother — had been living at the Rock City Road mobile home park for about five years when her daughter vanished just two days before her 20th birthday. Suzanne White said her daughter regularly took walks at night.

Christina “was often seen out walking, like at 3 o’clock in the morning,” she said. “She couldn’t sleep, so she would often just get up and go for a walk.”

White said that she did not recall ever meeting or knowing Ross when he lived in that mobile home park around the same time she did. She moved away from there in 2006, she said, because it was too hard to stay in that neighborhood after her daughter’s abduction. She said that police have never informed the family that they have identified a suspect or any person of interest in the murder.

Robinson, who also is assigned to an FBI Crimes Against Children Task Force, declined to say whether Ross was ever interviewed in connection with either woman’s homicide. When asked if Ross’ name had ever surfaced in those two case, he said only: “Not with any kind of significance.”

Two years later, White was reported missing after she was last seen by her family the evening of June 30, 2005.

Witnesses told investigators they had spotted her walking alone on a road about 3 miles from her home.

White’s skeletal remains were discovered by a hunter in March 2006 in the Daketown Forest in Greenfield — some 10 miles from where she was last seen alive.

An autopsy found she had been fatally stabbed in the chest and abdomen.

Investigators have previously said there’s a strong possibility Hammond and White may have been killed by the same perp due to the proximity of where they were abducted and where their remains were found.

Police said more charges are expected.

The trailer

MILTON — A Milton woman whose skeleton was found Friday in Daketown State Forest was stabbed to death, the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday. ‘We are treating this as a homicide,’ Undersheriff Michael Woodcock said. Christina N. White left her family home in the Stockade Mobile Home Park on Rock City Road June 30. She was last seen in the Geyser Road-Rowland Street area in the early morning of July 1. Her family reported her missing July 3. She was 19 years old when she was reported missing, but her 20th birthday has since passed. Woodcock said Wednesday that police don’t know when White died.

Based on the condition of her skeleton, they believe she’d been dead in the woods since shortly after her disappearance. Daketown State Forest, 505 acres of mostly pine tree plantations, is about a mile north of Middle Grove on Lake Desolation Road and about six miles from White’s home.

Christina White suffered from bipolar disorder and was in the habit of taking long walks when she was upset. The Rev. Nick TeBordo of the United Church of Cohoes remembered White as a little girl who came to Sunday school every week, often bringing her younger brother and sister with her.

‘I didn’t know the woman she’d become, or was becoming, I should say,’ TeBordo said. ‘I remember a little girl who obviously loved her brother and sister and who loved Jesus.’ He has spoken often with the White family since Sunday, when a forensic dentist matched the remains with White’s records and identified the bones as hers. ‘I know they are coming together,’ TeBordo said.

‘I know they’d been praying since she disappeared.’ Undersheriff Woodcock said a task force of about 20 detectives from the county and state police is still working on the case. ‘We’re concentrating on the town of Milton right now, all the places she hung out,’ Woodcock said. ‘We’re talking to all the ex-boyfriends, friends and family members.’

He said they are looking for anyone who may have seen White to call them at 885-2475 or 885-6761. She was a small, slightly built woman and favored dark, goth-style clothing.
Thanks for sharing this!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here