NY NY - Corrie Anderson, 36, Jamestown, 28 Oct 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What we haven't heard - actually we haven't heard anything - so I guess something else to add to the questions we all have ... why haven't the area pedophiles and other criminals with violence against women or kids, been interviewed or cleared, or have LE not thought about that?

Did anyone read the information that Bucky gave a week or so ago? He said that LE was so close to him - that he often heard what the police were talking about like the sorry Buffalo Bills ...

makes us feel more confident, huh?

State Police tell 2 On Your Side they will focus their search efforts on a one square mile area near Corrie Anderson's Ashville home on Thursday.

Investigators say they have new information that led them to this spot.

Dozens of state troopers, along with other agencies, are combing this new area for clues in Anderson's disappearance. State police will use ATVs, K9s, and a dive team to search this location, which is a mix of woods, heavy brush, fields, swamps, and ponds.

This particular spot had not been looked at before, but both State Police and an outside search team brought in by the family developed this area as an area of interest.

Anderson has been missing since last October. She was last seen on October 28th leaving a Jamestown car dealership where she had stopped to visit her boyfriend. Family members reported her missing after she failed to show up for an appointment at her son's school.

Two days later a hunter spotted Anderson's missing van in some low-lying woods near her home.

In April, Anderson's family called on an Indiana-based search team to help look for clues in Corrie's disappearance. Their efforts turned up nothing.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=68016&catid=141

By WKBW Programming

Story Published: Jun 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM EDT

(Story Updated: Jun 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM EDT )
Eyewitness News reporter Kyla Igoe is in the Southern Tier today as The New York State Police in conjunction with the New York State Forest Rangers, Chautauqua County Sheriff's Department, Town of Lakewood/Busti Police Department and the City of Salamanca Police Department are conducting a ground search of an area in the Town of Busti, Chautauqua County, N.Y. in relation to the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Corrie Anderson.
Ms. Anderson was last seen on October 28th, 2008. After Ms. Anderson did not pick up her children from school that day, family members of Ms. Anderson contacted the New York State Police who have, along with other law enforcement agencies, been actively investigating the circumstances of her dissapearance. The New York State Police are requesting anyone who may have information they feel would be helpful in locating Ms. Anderson to contact officials at 716-665-3113

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/49091106.html

You're quick, newbie! One of ours is on her way over to the scene right now. Sure could use lots of prayers that we finally can bring Corrie home!:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:

Our member at the scene says the area is swarming with activity and law enforcement. :clap: Another member is going to meet up there too.

I pray they find her today. Please please.

Hi Y'all!

(For some reason, my e-mail alert for this thread didn't notify me of new posts- guess I need to see if I changed the parameters as news about Corrie came to a halt after the last search.:waitasec: )

Is "Live to ride" there? I haven't chatted with her for while...

Oh, PLEASE dear Heavenly Father/Abba, PLEASE allow justice and closure for this family and command the storms to quiet!

I'm off to call for added prayers...please if anyone hears anything, please let us all know!!! (TYIA)

-Mish

Hi Mish! I am here and I was there yesterday! I haven't been online line lately...

Three of us went to the search site yesterday while they were searching, and then again when the search was over. Looking at the area they were searching, I can't imagine trying to get through that thick brush, muck and PRICKERS!

Some of the media is reporting, no more searches are planned. We have been hearing another search is planned in a different area. Lets hope they keep up the searching!

I would also like to mention that we have been planning an "Adopt A Highway" in Corrie's name. We will post the details soon. We will need volunteers to help with ideas for planting and just keeping up the area. A sign will be posted on the highway with Corrie's name along a 2 mile stretch of highway. I am hoping the sign will be up by next week. Once the sign is in place, we will post details, ask for volunteers and hopefully all meet at a specific location for planting ideas etc. We thought this would be a way to keep Corrie in the hearts and minds of people whenever they drive by, and a reminder when they see the sign, that Corrie will not be forgotten. As soon as we have all the details, we wil post here, and on Corrie's website. Hoping we can get volunteers to help out!

Hope all of you WSers are doing well and enjoying the summer! Will post again as soon as I have more info.

Mish... call me sometime... I miss talking to you!

Live2Ride

Hey Friend! (and all our fellow WS's :crazy: ) -

Thanks for the update; the Highway Adoption sounds fantastic, love it!

Hubby and I are off to take the boys to Huntsville (AL, of course :)) for a long weekend; we're trying the low-tech approach for once (just GPS/DVD/PS3 :crazy:), so no laptop for WS updates :eek: !

I'll call you after we get back (Tues)! And stepping-up the prayers once more for Corrie, her family, her precious children, and y'all over in NY that keep this in the news and in your hearts! :blowkiss:

-Mish :crazy:

Folks
On Saturday, there was a body found in the Onoville Marina area. The water level is down now. A fisherman spotted the body - fully intact (if the news is correct) at the waters edge. It would have been easy to put someone there ......
The sheriff said it had been there a long time.
No matter what - at least someones missing person was found.

Karen, any idea when they might know the identity of this precious soul?

It seems against human nature to celebrate the finding of a lost soul, yet at the same time knowing the pain will eventually allow healing because some family can now lay to rest a dearly loved family member.

Thank-you SO much for letting us know, Karen!!

Love, Mish :)

Yes, it's horrible that my heart lept with joy when I got the email about a body being found. Someone's search is over. I honestly hope that it's Corrie, and that there's evidence to put someone away!

Human Skeletal Remains Found in NY Not Corrie Anderson

Last weekend a fisherman in Cattaraugus County, NY, found human skeletal remains along the edge of the Allegheny Reservoir. According to a source close to the investigation, a skull and miscellaneous bones were recovered from the scene. For the past several days family members of Corrie Anderson, a mother of three from Ashville who went missing in October 2008, have been waiting and wondering if their search was finally over. Unfortunately, that was not the case and the family received word this afternoon that Corrie's dental records did not match the remains. A source within the NY State Police has also confirmed that they do not belong to Corrie.

Read the rest here:
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/10/human-skeletal-remains-ny.html

Since the remains were not Corrie perhaps a mod can start a new thread devoted to this new case. In the mean time, here is the latest info:

New Information Released on Human Skeletal Remains Found in Upstate NY

Last week, authorities announced that medical examiners had ruled out missing Chautauqua County mom Corrie Anderson using dental records. Authorities are now saying that dental records have also excluded Lori Ceci-Bova, a 26-year-old woman who disappeared in June 1997.

The remains are currently in the hands of Doctor Dennis Dirkmaat, a forensic anthropologist at Mercyhurst College in Erie, PA. According to local authorities...

Read the rest here:
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/10/dennis-dirkmaat.html

I'm thinking of Corrie today, out there alone, away from her family for almost a year now....

Since the remains were not Corrie perhaps a mod can start a new thread devoted to this new case. In the mean time, here is the latest info:

New Information Released on Human Skeletal Remains Found in Upstate NY

Last week, authorities announced that medical examiners had ruled out missing Chautauqua County mom Corrie Anderson using dental records. Authorities are now saying that dental records have also excluded Lori Ceci-Bova, a 26-year-old woman who disappeared in June 1997.

The remains are currently in the hands of Doctor Dennis Dirkmaat, a forensic anthropologist at Mercyhurst College in Erie, PA. According to local authorities...

Read the rest here:
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/10/dennis-dirkmaat.html
-----------------------------------------------

While I think UID's should have their own thread,
I know there are two more
women who disappeared in NY during that time period,
Kellisue Ackernecht, missing 9/39/2008 and
Lutricia Steele, missing 5/1/2008.
I know there was one more in /April 2008,
Bethanie L Dougherty, missing 4/1/2008,
Killawog, NY.
I think the forensic anthropologist is working to exclude at least two more missing people.

But, yes starting a new thread.

<snip>

October 28, 2009

Think of the person who means the most to you in your life. Now, think of what your life would be like if he or she suddenly vanished without a trace. That pain – the type of heart wrenching pain you can't truly know unless you have been in a similar situation - is all too real for the family of Corrie Anderson, a mother of three from Chautauqua County, NY, who went missing exactly one year ago today.

more here

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal...sing-mom-on-anniversary-of-disappearance.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16
Back