NY NY - Debra Fardella, 22, Brooklyn, June 23, 1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Murkywaters

Reaction score
WkeNzZYl.jpg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Debra was last seen on June 23, 1983, at approximately 1630 hours. She was last seen at Mermaid Avenue and West 23 Street in Brooklyn New York.

She reminds me a lot of princess doe, but the dates don't match unfortunately.

Debra has been added to The Charley Project

Debra Fardella – The Charley Project

fardella_debra.jpg
fardella_debra2.jpg
fardella_debra3.jpg

• Missing Since 06/23/1983
  • Missing From Brooklyn, New York
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 22 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 105 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Fardella has scars on both legs. Her nickname is Debbie.
Details of Disappearance
Fardella was last seen at Mermaid Avenue and west 23 Street in Brooklyn, New York at 4:30 p.m. on June 23, 1983. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

I wonder if fardella is a married name. There is a marriage record from 1979 on Ancestry for Joseph M Fardella to Deborah A Messina. This seems the best match for her as other possible matches have conflicting records. Debbie Messina is listed as dying June 1988 in Brooklyn as Debbie A Fardella in the US Social Security Index, but this would be equally consistent with a declaration of death from an earlier disappearance. Any information confirming or refuting this identification would be useful.

I wish we could hear from a relative more about Debra and her case, what they think happened, if anyone in the family can think of any other physical characteristics to help identify her.

W23rd and Mermaid... is a police station. Would be nice to know more about the last sighting said to be at this location.

W23rd and Mermaid... is a police station. Would be nice to know more about the last sighting said to be at this location.

Yeah that is interesting. It’s prob where they did the report and she was from the area of the precinct but the person who reported her did not know.. just guessing here. I hate that so many of these missing cases are so vague..

WkeNzZYl.jpg

Debra was last seen on June 23, 1983, at approximately 1630 hours. She was last seen at Mermaid Avenue and West 23 Street in Brooklyn New York.

looks like she had a small gap between her front teeth so did this uid found in Florida.

UNIDENTIFIED
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP16373Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body FoundNovember 24, 1984
Location FoundMiami, Florida

Could she be Fire Island Jane Doe found in April 1996? Namus says she had scars on both legs like the Fire Island Jane Doe.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210327-231509_Facebook.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210327-231509_Facebook.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210327-232550_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210327-232550_Chrome.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 7
oh this is interesting!

This is on Google images. I see some similarities. But this is her married name and I don't know if the missing woman was married or not.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210328-130632_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210328-130632_Chrome.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 6
Bumping case up. This will be a tough one, such an old case.
Could we have a list of Rule-outs?
If anyone reading this is able to submit to Doe Network, I don't see her there? Though I was hoping it would show which identifiers are available for her.

Bumping case up. This will be a tough one, such an old case.
Could we have a list of Rule-outs?
If anyone reading this is able to submit to Doe Network, I don't see her there? Though I was hoping it would show which identifiers are available for her.

I just looked on NamUs, she has no rule outs listed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back