GUILTY NY - Denice Fox, 57, found dismembered, Glen Cove, 17 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What I find scary (well, the whole story is scary), but what is involved in a "psycho-sexual" frenzy prior to the murder?

What kind of things did this woman endure before he killed her?

KJERVIS said:
Is it possible that they are seemingly rare because of the level of planning that normally goes into their attacks? Meaning that their crimes are considered one offs instead of serials?
That's a good question. My understanding is that sexual sadists are just plain rare - it takes a lot of damage to cause someone to become sexually aroused only in the face of extreme torture and pain inflicted on another human being. In a book by FBI profiler John Douglas, he gave the statistic that sexual sadists make up about 1% of rapists.

That said, I do think sexual sadists can be serial. Once they have a torture kit together and a place to go for privacy, the only planning they need to do is in choosing their victim and my understanding is that for thme that's part of the fun.

Marshall's past ‘volatile behavior’

Last fall Florida social worker asked police for help with a client now charged in Glen Cove killing

BY MICHAEL FRAZIER
Newsday Staff Correspondent

August 25, 2006

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Evan Marshall was out of control last fall and his "volatile behavior" prompted a social worker at a rehabilitation center here to call the authorities, according to a police report.

The report said that on Sept. 23 of last year Marshall's therapist, Edward Weber, called police to ask for assistance in sending Marshall to a local hospital in accordance with Florida's mental illness law. At the time, Marshall, 31, of Glen Cove, was receiving unspecified treatment at Boca Raton-based Renaissance Institute, which treats chemically dependent patients with psychological, behavioral and psychiatric problems.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-likill0825,0,2173219.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

Looks like he has some history of mental illness.

news link
Accused murderer taught in two LI schools

BY JOIE TYRRELL
Newsday Staff Writer

August 25, 2006, 11:07 PM EDT

A second school district confirmed Friday that the Glen Cove man accused of killing and dismembering a neighbor was a student teacher while studying education at Hofstra University.

But Evan Marshall didn't stay long at Sewanhaka High School in Floral Park because "there were some problems" and he left after about three weeks, said Sewanhaka Central High School District Superintendent John R. Williams. Marshall was never certified to teach, state education officials said.

"We are pretty certain that Evan Marshall was a student teacher for a very short period," Williams said. "Because there was some kind of an issue, he did not finish."

Judge orders DNA sample from suspect in gruesome murder

southcitymom said:
Thanks, Sewing Deb. It's just nuts that he was around students!

You're welcome. It really is nuts. I'm not sure, but I think his mental problems predate his student teaching. I don't know how much of a background check they do, but it seems like that would be known.

SewingDeb said:
You're welcome. It really is nuts. I'm not sure, but I think his mental problems predate his student teaching. I don't know how much of a background check they do, but it seems like that would be known.
Maybe the reason he didn't complete his student teaching is because they finally got the background check information regarding his mental illness history and let him go right away.

At least let's hope so. It would be nice to know that some of the checks and balances already in place are working.

:twocents:

Elliemae said:
Maybe the reason he didn't complete his student teaching is because they finally got the background check information regarding his mental illness history and let him go right away.

At least let's hope so. It would be nice to know that some of the checks and balances already in place are working.

:twocents:

That's a possibility I had not thought of. This should make them do their background checks sooner.

Depending on the type of background check it could take quite a bit of time to receive the report but if you are dealing w/ a situation where he would have direct contact w/ kids or the elderly etc. I would hope they would wait for the results before hiring.

And, just as a side note, I used to work at a Nursing Home where they would hire Certified Nursing Assistants w/o having the results of the criminal background due to the nursing shortage...scary!!! (it is NOT however against the dept of health codes) Although I was the one to do the check, upper management would push through candidates w/o the results so they would have "bodies" to fill slots. Hence, I am no longer there.

From December 2007:

http://abc7ny.com/archive/5815588/

The man who brutally murdered his neighbor was sentenced to 30 years to life in prison Wednesday.

Evan Marshall pleaded guilty to dismembering and decapitating his neighbor, Denice Fox. His plea deal leaves the possibility for parole, which the victim's family and the district attorney have argued against...

Marshall, 32, pleaded guilty to murder, assault and other charges last September, saying he was in search of money for drugs when he confronted the woman and repeatedly stabbed her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back