GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've learned, there are English who live around the Amish. And, that they are trusted by the Amish. These may be other business owners, or maybe an English driver.....autos are needed to travel at times, and the English drive the Amish folks. Where I'm getting with this is that hopefully these English who live in the area will get the word out on social outlets. Certain orders of Amish will allow telephones in their barns for business purposes, and maybe even a computer or cell phone. During summers, or after the kids chores are done they often adventure out. I've seen groups of children, 12yo and younger, out in about in the rural areas of western NY. Most recently we saw one girl pulling another in the back of a wagon on a county road. I'm guessing they just delivered something to a family friend's farm. I don't find it strange at all that the young girls went to tend the customers at the roadside stand. They are very friendly folks. Usually these small stands are on an honor system.....a permanent lock box with a money slot.

Does anyone know which community this is? Here's the info on NY Amish:
http://amishamerica.com/new-york-amish/

Conewengo Valley and Huevelton Amish are very, very conservative. These Amish will be different from most Amish you come across in PA or Ohio. Most Amish would consider these Amish to be too strict for them!

This may be relevant. It is entirely possible that this could be an estranged member for sure. I hope that is the case! Because then the intent would be "to rescue" and not to do something horrible. JMO

I'm an American living in Canada, and I always feel like a criminal being interrogated, no matter which direction I'm headed. Where are you headed? How long have you been out of the country? Do you have any bacon, tobacco or alcohol? How much did you spend? Who were you visiting? Do we have your DNA on file? Are these your children? Do you watch The Walking Dead?

(okay only some of those are real questions, but it wouldn't surprise me if they added a few just to mess you up and make you unsure which ones to answer honestly)

Once when I was in university and went hiking in New York state, i was stopped by border patrol for a lengthy time. Border patrol were snooping around in the trunk of my car and pulled out a brown bag, covered in a plastic bag. I told them the bag contained days old boiled eggs. They looked at me in disbelief and suspicion. When they opened the bag...it nice to see the expression on their faces.

Conewengo Valley and Huevelton Amish are very, very conservative. These Amish will be different from most Amish you come across in PA or Ohio. Most Amish would consider these Amish to be too strict for them!

This may be relevant. It is entirely possible that this could be an estranged member for sure. I hope that is the case! JMO

Huevelton

I'm curious to know if the eyewitness saw two men or a man and a woman. I think there would be very different outcomes for each scenario.

JMO I don't believe it would matter. Remember Jaycee Dougard was abducted by husband and wife.

I'm an American living in Canada, and I always feel like a criminal being interrogated, no matter which direction I'm headed. Where are you headed? How long have you been out of the country? Do you have any bacon, tobacco or alcohol? How much did you spend? Who were you visiting? Do we have your DNA on file? Are these your children? Do you watch The Walking Dead?

(okay only some of those are real questions, but it wouldn't surprise me if they added a few just to mess you up and make you unsure which ones to answer honestly)

O/T

Canada is not the least bit worried about Zombies :

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2013/02/14/zombies-eh-canadas-parliament-says-no/

How far from the border is this small town where these young girls are missing from?

I hope they are back soon!!!!!!

When I crossed into Canada for a trip (with family friends), border patrol took me into a separate room bc I was a minor and asked me a lot of questions (I think to make sure things were "ok"). Hoping they still do this with children who are with anyone else other than parents.

This may be relevant. It is entirely possible that this could be an estranged member for sure. I hope that is the case! Because then the intent would be "to rescue" and not to do something horrible. JMO

I am hoping this is the case too, rather than a sexual predator. If they had a relative, close friend, or distant relative that left the Amish community, they may have had some sort of attachment or feelings for the girls. Once they got settled living outside the community perhaps they thought it would be noble of them to "save them" and bring them into their lifestyle instead.

I hope LE is at least investigating all fairly recent ex-communicated people from that community. LE would have to be digilient to talk to the Amish to find out if such people left their community.

I am hoping this is the case too, rather than a sexual predator. If they had a relative, close friend, or distant relative that left the Amish community, they may have had some sort of attachment or feelings for the girls. Once they got settled living outside the community perhaps they thought it would be noble of them to "save them" and bring them into their lifestyle instead.

I hope LE is at least investigating all fairly recent ex-communicated people from that community. LE would have to be digilient to talk to the Amish to find out if such people left their community.

I agree. Maybe grandparents? Barbara (the mom) isn't exactly a traditional Amish name...

Well, I was thinking that if it was a man and a woman then maybe their chances of survival would be better than if it were two men instead. JMO. Pure speculation.

Oh Gosh I sure don't mean suspicious. I just mean it's pretty strict in this context. They might be Swartzentruber Amish--more strict. JMO

It was mentioned upthread that the family was of the more strict, Swartzentruber (sp?) order, Amish.

My son is 18. Since he was 5 his father passed away, I always was told to carry proper documents when air crossing border and land crossing. Passports, long form birth certificates for both my son and his deceased father, death certificate. Not once was anything ever looked at other then our passports. Just a quick glance at my son and me. As well we have different last names. For all they missed I could have kidnapped my son.

Just a guess, but being close to the border makes me think they did cross over the border into Canada. Especially because the eye witness claimed something about getting into backseat. I am just guessing that they had something in the vehicle to hide the girls in as they crossed the border.

Perhaps something they have done on numerous occasions and knew they would be able to cross through the border without it being checked well. Like maybe a dog kennel krate with dogs in it or something of that nature.
Maybe they were able to convince the girls to be quiet in whatever container they used.

Or maybe they just convinced them to act like their own children.

The whole "border thing" has me thinking they went to Canada.

I'm not too sure they would have attempted to cross the border. I would think that they would have headed in any other direction but that. JMO, that's all. I guess we'll just have to wait 'n see.

I think the family was also outside but in the barn. Someone was close enough to witness a car so I don't think they were totally alone, just out of reach. Besides, I think a 12yr old is perfectly capable of watching a younger sibling on their own property in daylight.
How far away was the barn? I've read they were milking cows, I doubt they were close enough to hear anything. Just because 12 is capable, would not let it happen. My kids are 11, 9 and almost 3 and I would not let them be out in the yard alone....in today's world, no matter where you are - its just too scary.
Welll..here in Canada a 12 year old is old enough to babysit, so why not man a stand alone? Of course, being rural would make them more secluded, and further from getting help. Still, lots mature enough in my opinion.
being "old enough" has nothing to do with it.
Especially with the family there on the property, and not far at all apparently, if they were able to see them being pulled into the car.

I haven't seen any MSM that said the family was the one who saw them pulled into the car, has their been any witness who actually saw them being pulled into the car? I thought it was only they saw someone putting something into the back seat.

aren't most barns set away from the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413