NY - Dr. Krystal Cascetta, 40, and baby dead in apparent murder/suicide - Westchester, Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
krystal cascetta, tim talty, timothy talty

Twitter (Mt Sinai)/LinkedInDr. Krystal Cascetta (l) and Tim Talty (r).
Cascetta, 40, was married to husband Tim Talty. Cascetta and Timothy Taltyhad a baby registry at Pottery Barn.

Lohud.com reports that the baby was about four and a half months old. Talty runs a protein bar company called Talty Bar, which featured Cascetta as a medical expert on its website.

Tim Talty appears to have deleted his Instagram and Facebook pages. “My Wife! It took us a year to plan and a lifetime to gather all of the wonderful people to make our wedding so special!” he wrote on Instagram, according to Daily Mail.
She was honored for “humanistic clinical care,” according to her hospital biography, which says she treated multiple forms of cancer.

Cascetta was named a super doctor rising star by New York Times Magazine in 2022, physician of the year in 2018 at Mount Sinai Queens, and a resident teacher of the year, according to her LinkedIn page.

wow this case hurts so much. There are many grieving people in this case but I can’t imagine the future her parents are to endure after that sight and experience.

Where did she get the damn gun?!
She’s secretly had it this whole time?
She stole her mom/dad/husbands?
She illegally procured it?

Nevel said the 911 call came from someone inside the residence, who, upon hearing the first gunshot, rushed to the baby's room, thinking something had fallen. The unidentified caller heard a second gunshot before arriving at the room, broke down the locked door and found the dead mother and baby inside, Nevel said.

Nevel said the 911 call came from someone inside the residence, who, upon hearing the first gunshot, rushed to the baby's room, thinking something had fallen. The unidentified caller heard a second gunshot before arriving at the room, broke down the locked door and found the dead mother and baby inside, Nevel said.
Wow, her locking of the door beforehand really shows some determination in a way that’s so aware that it’s disturbing! Moo

Wow, her locking of the door beforehand really shows some determination in a way that’s so aware that it’s disturbing! Moo

She might have also done it to try and protect her parents from seeing the horror inside the room.

There's no way a gun should have been in that house.

I think I read she was an only child. So her parents lost their only child and grandchild. Unbelievably sad.

Last edited:
She didn't just kill herself, she shot her defenseless child. I find it impossible to believe her husband did not know a gun was in the house. I'm also betting LE asked about access to weapons when they responded to the previous 911 calls.

JMO
Agreed 100 %.
Many questions as to this being preventable and also if there were any red flags ?

There is an outpouring of love and sympathy for this woman and I think it speaks volumes as to the kindness of the populace at large.
My take on it is this could have been ppd but we don't know that yet.
I do think her job was extremely stressful and having a baby might have been the last straw for her ?
With her income, mightn't she have hired a full time live-in nanny, at least for a while ?
Although it looks like her parents had stepped in.
Deepest condolences to her parents and spouse.

To everyone here; I don't think I can follow this case yet ... as I am struggling with the fact that anyone could point a gun at a little precious baby.
Horrors !
Sorry, I admittedly feel somewhat judgmental and I'll try to think better of Krystal.
Omo.
Imo.
Ymmv.

I don’t care what anguish or mental illness she was experiencing. It might explain it but no way in hell does it excuse her taking a weapon to eliminate her child. She took away these precious branches of her parents family tree, they are grandparents no more. Intentionally. Why? To inflict pain to match her own?

I don’t care what anguish or mental illness she was experiencing. It might explain it but no way in hell does it excuse her taking a weapon to eliminate her child. She took away these precious branches of her parents family tree, they are grandparents no more. Intentionally. Why? To inflict pain to match her own?
I thinks it’s infinitely more complicated than that. I’m not excusing murdering your child when I say that either.

If the baby was around four months old, as news stories surmise. Krystal might have just either returned to work, or was preparing to do so. I wonder if this was a big stressor for her and another reason her parents were in the home?

Agreed 100 %.
Many questions as to this being preventable and also if there were any red flags ?

There is an outpouring of love and sympathy for this woman and I think it speaks volumes as to the kindness of the populace at large.
My take on it is this could have been ppd but we don't know that yet.
I do think her job was extremely stressful and having a baby might have been the last straw for her ?
With her income, mightn't she have hired a full time live-in nanny, at least for a while ?
Although it looks like her parents had stepped in.
Deepest condolences to her parents and spouse.

To everyone here; I don't think I can follow this case yet ... as I am struggling with the fact that anyone could point a gun at a little precious baby.
Horrors !
Sorry, I admittedly feel somewhat judgmental and I'll try to think better of Krystal.
Omo.
Imo.
Ymmv.

I so understand. I cannot "follow" cases where children are in any way abused, violated or killed. Just can't.

I start to read when a case comes out....
but when something like this case, has a finite ending, there is just little more to do or say.
and when something ends up in a trial (eg Letby/Watts), i just cannot follow.

BUT I am more alarmed with, what occurs to me, to be an increasing number of cases where high performing respected medical professional mothers......KILL.

Its a more specific kind of PPD. Its as if highly trained medical professionals have demands for perfection, order...or whatever. Perhaps this is clearly understood in the "field". However, I continue to be amazed.

Cops were called to the home of Dr. Krystal Cascetta at least twice before she shot dead her 4-month-old daughter and fatally turned the gun on herself, an upstate neighbor told The Post on Sunday — as it surfaced the oncologist’s parents were in the house at the time of the slay-suicide horror.

“They had ambulances and police come to their house two, maybe three times this summer. At least twice,” recalled neighbor Bob Stuart, 71, who lives near the 40-year-old cancer doctor’s million-dollar home in Somers, Westchester County. “I saw the police and ambulances arrive.”

This is so tragic. Someone in that house was most likely in need of mental health help. Too bad something wasn't done during the first time IMO someone called 911/ JMO

This is completely my own speculation and not based on anything than my own opinion: perhaps the extra strain on the medical profession at large in the last few years has contributed to PPD sufferers feeling that it's better to spare the child future suffering? "I can't go on any more and I can't leave this child to face all the things I know the world can do", kind of a thing. I would be interested to know how many cases of postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis manifest specifically in first responders or the military, or any other profession where the stakes are high.

Cops were called to the home of Dr. Krystal Cascetta at least twice before she shot dead her 4-month-old daughter and fatally turned the gun on herself, an upstate neighbor told The Post on Sunday — as it surfaced the oncologist’s parents were in the house at the time of the slay-suicide horror.

“They had ambulances and police come to their house two, maybe three times this summer. At least twice,” recalled neighbor Bob Stuart, 71, who lives near the 40-year-old cancer doctor’s million-dollar home in Somers, Westchester County. “I saw the police and ambulances arrive.”

I am very curious about these calls to police before the murder/suicide.

She might have also done it to try and protect her parents from seeing the horror inside the room.

There's no way a gun should have been in that house.

I think I read she was an only child. So her parents lost their only child and grandchild. Unbelievably sad.
Do we know when the gun was purchased or how long it's been in the home? Is it possible that Dr. Cascetta purchased it herself recently?

I assume you’re referring to Lindsay Clancey. Who is the third?

I assume you’re referring to Lindsay Clancey. Who is the third?

Dr. Lauren Dickason, currently on trial in New Zealand, for killing her three daughters in 2021.
Haunting and horrible case........

Dr. Lauren Dickason, currently on trial in New Zealand, for killing her three daughters in 2021.
Haunting and horrible case........

The attached article is from The Daily Mail. i know, i know.

In this case, where a Doctor and mother of 3, killed her children. The 5 psychiatrists testifying disagree on her condition, and whether she can be considered insane. So it is certainly not just us on WS!

The article also mentions that Dr. Dickason DID think about her children not being safe in a bad world. (as one poster suggested in this case, up thread.)

Last edited:
This is completely my own speculation and not based on anything than my own opinion: perhaps the extra strain on the medical profession at large in the last few years has contributed to PPD sufferers feeling that it's better to spare the child future suffering? "I can't go on any more and I can't leave this child to face all the things I know the world can do", kind of a thing. I would be interested to know how many cases of postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis manifest specifically in first responders or the military, or any other profession where the stakes are high.
Yes but even so, being a doctor, she would have access to injections to give baby a more peaceful death.

Just as a sidenote, we have no idea why the police and/or ambulances were called to the home, and though it would seem most likely that they were due to Krystals mental health, that is not the only possibility.

This is another horrific case and I feel for everyone involved, including Krystal until I hear anything that suggests this was anything other than ppp.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back