Found Deceased NY - Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, Staten Island, 18 Nov 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just in
The case has prompted an outpouring of support from the community on social media over the past few days, with well-wishes and pleas for Saukin— if she is safe— to check-in with family.

One former patient described their professional relationship as more like “having a close friend.” Another comment read, “Where are you??? Let someone know you’re safe.”

Search for missing S.I. doctor intensifies, along with public concern

Family members so far have declined to speak publicly on the incident, as a police investigation remains ongoing Sunday.

Saukin held a family medicine practice in Grant City until Oct. 9, when “due to unforeseen circumstances,” she temporarily withdrew from the practice of medicine, she told her patients in a letter dated Oct. 20 and obtained by the Advance/SILive.com.

The flyer in this article says "Last seen walking at Cloves Lake Park off Victory Blvd..." May just remain a minor detail and it could become important. Never know. MOO

Search for missing S.I. doctor intensifies, along with public concern - silive.com

AYKZAZX52RDZ3DK6XFG3NC6QWI.png

Clove Lakes Park - Google Maps

Facebook: Tamara Saukin, MD, DABFM - Family Practitioner

Dr. Tamara Saukin, MD | Staten Island, NY | Healthgrades
Biography
Accepted to Harvard University and valedictorian from Midwood High School, Dr. Saukin went to an accelerated program being accepted to medical school right out of high school at Union College where she double majored in economics and biology and then Albany medical College. A national retired figure skater and college track athlete, Dr. Saukin is also an accomplished classical guitarist for 16 years having studied at the elite Mannes College of Music.

Also from a practice description page posted above:

With her practice, Dr Saukin speaks both conversational Spanish and Russian in addition to English, which allows her to treat a wide variety of diverse patients...When she is not seeing patients, Dr Saukin enjoys playing classical guitar, hiking with her rescue golden retriever, volunteering for autistic children, reading, and travelling.

Tamara seems to be extraordinarily gifted across the board — academically, athletically, musically, professionally and socially. I mean sheesh, Dr. Saukin, give the rest of us something to aspire to! ;) She sounds like an amazing person.

IME, individuals who are blessed with (and fulfill) so many talents measure themselves by a different ruler and can be much harder on themselves than anyone else would be. I’m concerned that may be the case with Tamara. I hope she simply needed time away, but there is no mention of a vehicle or credit card use, and I don’t think LE would be focusing resources on the park area if they thought a time-out was a distinct possibility. MOO.

I’m quite worried she was in a lot of emotional pain and distress about surrendering her license and whatever issues may have led to that action. I really hope she is found alive and that everyone in her life can reinforce to her how much she means to them. ❤️ MOO.

Also from a practice description page posted above:

Tamara seems to be extraordinarily gifted across the board — academically, athletically, musically, professionally and socially. I mean sheesh, Dr. Saukin, give the rest of us something to aspire to! ;) She sounds like an amazing person.

IME, individuals who are blessed with (and fulfill) so many talents measure themselves by a different ruler and can be much harder on themselves than anyone else would be. I’m concerned that may be the case with Tamara. I hope she simply needed time away, but there is no mention of a vehicle or credit card use, and I don’t think LE would be focusing resources on the park area if they thought a time-out was a distinct possibility. MOO.

I’m quite worried she was in a lot of emotional pain and distress about surrendering her license and whatever issues may have led to that action. I really hope she is found alive and that everyone in her life can reinforce to her how much she means to them. ❤️ MOO.
I so agree with you. She was a competitive figure skater and rose to the top of her sport. That starts at a very early age and consumes several hours a day/week. At the same time she was at the top of her schooling, graduating as valedictorian and that takes much time in study. She was accepted to Harvard but chose a fast track through Union college to Albany Medical school. She was an accomplished guitarist and studied that for 16 years. That takes time each day to perfect. It sounds like she never got to just stroll along and smell the roses and do something just for the fun of it.

She is 44 years old and maybe she realized her life is half over and she wants to be sure the second half is how she wants to live it. Maybe the struggle with recovery from her leg injury over the last couple of years, now compounded with the isolation of Covid pandemic and the constant on-call aspects of her practice pushed her to taking steps to self-preservation.

If that is the case though, I do not understand why that has not been communicated to LE. It seems that her family could tell them that it is unnecessary for them to continue. On the other hand, perhaps she is escaping their influence too. MOO MOO MOO MOO

Ok....coffee is kicking in me hearties!!! Possibly a lawyer advised her surrendering of license pending an investigation etc....what is the state of her home and life? Groceries, laundry done, current with meds, vitamins and bills....does it look like she "left for a walk to return in a couple of hours" or does her home look like "left with no intention of coming back"....thinking of myself only if I am out for a couple of hours, coffee mug in sink with spoon. If I were to leave on vacation or a stay away then everything is put away and orderly. I am no doctor or near the professional and achiever this soul is but I think humans share some commonalities...all MOO

I’m stuck on knowing how her last location was Cloves Lake Park. Are there cameras at the park and she was seen on one? Otherwise, how do we know she was last seen here?

And it’s hard to look at her routines because with the recent surrender of her license and leaving the practice, she likely had new routines.

If she surrendered her license for “family issue,” does that mean she was caring for a family member? What was she doing now that she no longer had patients to attend to?

I add to that, who is taking care of her rescue Golden retriever that she likes to go hiking with? She sounds like a kind and caring individual who would never just leave her dog at home to fend for itself until it is discovered to be alone. Or, was her dog with her? Where is her dog?

My initial thought was self harm but she's not listed as Endangered Missing which would give me a sense of that. The flyer also doesn't say she hasn't got her meds with her or that she needs meds.

So I am perplexed.

I think we really need to know why she surrendered her medical license. Did she do it of her own accord or was she forced?

Is there anyway to look up a Doctor and see if there is any disciplinary actions pending or something going on?

It is clear to me that something BIG happened in her life and this is not just "taking a break" or wanting to try something new.

MOO

My initial thought was self harm but she's not listed as Endangered Missing which would give me a sense of that. The flyer also doesn't say she hasn't got her meds with her or that she needs meds.

So I am perplexed.

I think we really need to know why she surrendered her medical license. Did she do it of her own accord or was she forced?

Is there anyway to look up a Doctor and see if there is any disciplinary actions pending or something going on?

It is clear to me that something BIG happened in her life and this is not just "taking a break" or wanting to try something new.

MOO
Medical Malpractice – Tamara Anna Marie Saukin, MD
This indicates that the license was voluntarily surrendered and was not disciplinary in nature.

Medical Malpractice – Tamara Anna Marie Saukin, MD
This indicates that the license was voluntarily surrendered and was not disciplinary in nature.
As a non-medical person, it is my amateur understanding that there can be an agreement to surrender a license and not have it marked in your record as disciplinary or punitive. This would be an agreement that is reached with the subject and the licensing/review board. I am *not* saying this is the case here...I would have no way of knowing. Others in the medical field please weigh in to validate my amateur understanding of these types of voluntary license surrenders, as I characterize.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow