Found Deceased NY - Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, Staten Island, 18 Nov 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No doubt, but Dr. Saukin seems to be an empathetic, sensitive person. I seriously doubt she would intend any self-harm while on a walk with her own mom, or just vanish for whatever reason without contacting her loved ones.
People suffering from depression do things they would never do unless clinically depressed. This is why friends and family can be so shocked. We have all too many celebrity examples to refer to. It’s an ugly “taker” disease.

amateur opinion and speculation

When the mother went back to her car, Saukin decided to keep walking and that’s when she went missing, the source said.

“She disappeared without a trace,” said a source with knowledge of the investigation, who added that there are no solid leads as to her whereabouts at this time.

The source previously told the Advance/SILive.com that there are no signs of foul play in the case at this time.
“Tamara is an extremely kind woman and a respected physician who seems to forge a personal connection with everyone she meets/treats,” one person wrote on Facebook.
Missing S.I. doctor was walking with mom before she disappeared, source says

Police intensified the search for Saukin over the weekend with more flyers spread in the area of Clove Lakes Park and divers searching the water in the park.

I'm still feeling that she met with foul play here.
They searched the lake for a very fit, despite injury, youngish woman who presumably was also a competent swimmer?
Mother waiting in car... she extends her walk, did not return.
Has that park got CCTV?
Is it known for muggings?

I'm running a hunt on crimes at Cloves lakes Park. First article dated 2016, updated, 2019
From muggings to murders, danger lurks in parks

2017 Teen sentenced as adult in Clove Lakes Park muggings

2016 Bail set at $100K for suspect in Clove Lake Park mugging

2016 NYPD Warns People On Staten Island To Not Walk Alone In Popular Park
Desperately searching for more up to date crime stats for this geographical location but now 'cos Clove is in the name, google is taking me to recipes. Grr

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/crime_statistics/cs-en-us-120pct.pdf

My questions, unanswerable for now..
-Was she carrying a mobile device when she continued her walk alone

-Would she have been likely to struggle if an attempted mugging had taken place?

-Did she witness an accident or attack in the course of her run that impelled her to leave the park in order to assist?

-Which track was she using when last seen?

The divers have searched the lake and the forested areas have been searched too. How could she have disappeared from the park, while still remaining in the park to be found or not? What could possibly have happened? I'm not considering suicide at this point.
I will consider a history of alcoholism- it's possible she got a craving for a drink and found an early opening bar in the locality. (my next search).
-Is it possible she is still alive but drinking somewhere?

My questions, unanswerable for now.

The divers have searched the lake and the forested areas have been searched too. How could she have disappeared from the park, while still remaining in the park to be found or not? What could possibly have happened? I'm not considering suicide at this point.
I will consider a history of alcoholism- it's possible she got a craving for a drink and found an early opening bar in the locality. (my next search).
-Is it possible she is still alive but drinking somewhere?

Sbm. the park is 200 acres with 3 lakes, so there is quite a bit to search.

Staten Island is a small borough with big mouths. If she was in a local bar drinking, someone would have said something by now. Jmo

I’m not getting a foul play vibe at all with this one. Hopefully she just needed some time to herself, but I’m not optimistic. Jmo

Reminds me of that woman in Kalamazoo. Can't remember her name, but very intelligent.

The psychiatric resident who deluded herself into thinking she was married to a famous gospel singer (he had to file a restraining order against her) and was later found dead? That was a real tragedy.

Olympic skater Debi Thomas also went to medical school, and that didn't end well either. Links about that are quite easy to find. :(

If she were to have checked herself into a healthcare treatment facility of any type (rehab/pain/depression/etc), would they be allowed to let the police know so they can call off a search? Honest question.
Due to HIPA laws, I doubt it. Great question!

Amateur opinion and speculation

If she were to have checked herself into a healthcare treatment facility of any type (rehab/pain/depression/etc), would they be allowed to let the police know so they can call off a search? Honest question.
I don't know but I imagine if she was sufficiently fit and well for an early morning walk with her mother, she probably would have mentioned it.
Once ensconced she would have the right to refuse visitors or calls in any case.

Without knowledge of her habitual practices, it's impossible to search for her properly.
We don't even know if she lived alone, whose car it was or anything at all.

If the NYP is accurate about her history of alcoholism, we don't even know how old that information is. She could be sober for 10 years for all we know.

She continued walking.....
is all we got... no direction, pace or goal described or whether or not this was her usual practice or why mum retired early to the vehicle..

I just HOPE she is found alive and I'm going to hold on to that hope until I know better.
No harm sending her a prayer.

HIPAA can be overridden in situations like this, where it's to the patient's and public's benefit.

I think we should give her the benefit of the doubt as far as where she went. If she went to a business, she'd be back home.
I wonder if this was the first time she extended her walk alone, what were the circumstances. Depression is very tough and not in the control of the person who has it.
Are hotels open there?
Or maybe she is staying with a friend. Let's hope.

It seems that her financial records should be accessible to family or LE by now and would reflect any payments to a rehab facility or travel tickets etc. Has there been any action on her credit cards?

How does one take their own life by just walking into a shallow lake like Clove Lake. The SCUBA divers are standing on the bottom. It seems that instinct would make it hard to deliberately drown. There doesn't appear to be any height to jump from. It was getting light out and there were other people at the lake, it seems that she would been seen.

Last, but not least, wouldn't her body have come back to the surface by now?
MOO MOO MOO

It seems that her financial records should be accessible to family or LE by now and would reflect any payments to a rehab facility or travel tickets etc. Has there been any action on her credit cards?

How does one take their own life by just walking into a shallow lake like Clove Lake. The SCUBA divers are standing on the bottom. It seems that instinct would make it hard to deliberately drown. There doesn't appear to be any height to jump from. It was getting light out and there were other people at the lake, it seems that she would been seen.

Last, but not least, wouldn't her body have come back to the surface by now?
MOO MOO MOO
Yes, yes and yes again.
It's been a full week now.
I cannot even imagine, I assumed there would be CCTV at each entrance or exit and some other places within the park too, if there are I was unable to locate them.
Quite a mystery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back