NY - Family of four found dead in basement of their Irondequoit home, 31 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
The official Media Release from Irondequoit PD

From the Press Conference:
Firefighters entered the home, and because of the time of day (5:30 AM) began searching in the bedrooms, which were empty. They searched the second and first floors before finding the victims in the basement of the home.

No history of PD visiting the home for any reason. No criminal record for parents.

The word "suspects" (plural) is used repeatedly throughout the press conference by police chief.

The mom "was being a mom, protecting her children. [As for] dad, I can't say".

Seemingly referring to motive or "why... this chain of events was set in motion," the police chief states, "I don't know if it was... well, I do know. I have a good idea why, but it's just too early to speculate on why this happened."

The bodies of Fraime Ubaldo, 30; Marangely Moreno-Santiago, 26; and their children Evangeline Ubaldo-Moreno, 4, and Sebastian Ubaldo-Moreno, 2, were found in the basement of a Knapp Avenue home early Saturday morning.

Chief Scott Peters said the family was targeted.

“This was a horrific scene,” he said. “In almost 32 years of doing this job, I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Police and fire responded to the home around 5:30 a.m. after someone called 911 and reported a fire. During a search of the house, they found the victims, who have lived there for about two to three years.

“Due to the condition of the bodies, it was readily apparent that this was going to be a homicide investigation,” Peters said.

He declined to disclose how they were killed. Peters said this was not a random act, and that investigators will be keeping information “close to the vest” as they work to solve this crime.

Peters was visibly emotional talking about the scene and the deaths of the children.

• "not a domestic incident" per the chief in the presser, he also stated it was a very nice neighborhood and no previous calls from the house or street.
  • family has owned house and lived there 2-3 years
  • chief says it's the worst scene he's ever seen and he will remember it for life

The bodies of Fraime Ubaldo, 30; Marangely Moreno-Santiago, 26; and their children Evangeline Ubaldo-Moreno, 4, and Sebastian Ubaldo-Moreno, 2, were found in the basement of a Knapp Avenue home early Saturday morning.

“This was a horrific scene,” he said. “In almost 32 years of doing this job, I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Police and fire responded to the home around 5:30 a.m. after someone called 911 and reported a fire. During a search of the house, they found the victims, who have lived there for about two to three years.

“Due to the condition of the bodies, it was readily apparent that this was going to be a homicide investigation,” Peters said.

He declined to disclose how they were killed. Peters said this was not a random act, and that investigators will be keeping information “close to the vest” as they work to solve this crime.

Peters was visibly emotional talking about the scene and the deaths of the children.

The town Irondequoit is on Lake Ontario. It's a suburb of Rochester, NY.

jmo

Relatives say the couple had been together for nearly six years.

Luz Moreno is Marangely's father. In a statement, Luz said, "She was a sweet girl—very dependable, a great mom. Everything was for her kid, you know?"

Xiomara Weeks, the godmother of the two children killed, is Marangely's best friend. She got choked up talking about the family.

She said in a statement, "I'm coming to reality now, but it's still kind of like a shock. I lost my best friend, I lost my god kids. I've been asking myself why, why them? Why them? I just don't get it."

Wow....such a heartfelt presser. The Police Chief had trouble keeping it together. He said it was the worst scene he's ever scene in over 30 years and that he will remember it for life. The scene was horrific and, of course, it involved two young children (2 and 4 years old).

existing thread here
I will alert a mod to merge

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member