NY NY - Freeport, Blk Fem 16-30, UP11657 found in dumpster, plenty of jewelry Nov 82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number1184465
ME/C Case Number82-4230
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupLate Teen/Young Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years)16-30
Estimated Year of Death1982
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 1"(61 inches) , Estimated
WeightCannot Estimate
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundNovember 4, 1982
NamUs Case CreatedOctober 6, 2013
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street Address431 N. Main StFreeport, New York 11520
CountyNassau County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoverySkeletal remains found in dumpster
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Physical Description
Hair Color--
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color--
Right Eye Color--
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
-Sweater- opening in front of sweater. Striped pattern with blue, red, green and yellow coloring throughout -Bra
On the Body

Jewelry
5 necklaces -choker necklace and is made of silver-like metal in a flexible cord type fashion -Chain with pendant. Attached to the pendant is a stone resembling an opal stone -Yellow metal chain with a heart shaped pendant and has a letter "K" in the center
On the Body

STREET VIEW
Google Maps

Jane Freeport Doe 1982

NCMU1184465c1.jpg

NCMU1184465x1.jpg

NCMU1184465x3.jpg
NCMU1184465x2.jpg

On November 4, 1982 human remains of a young female were discovered inside a city dumpster along N Main Street in Freeport, New York (Nassau County). The location was near the intersection of N Main Street and Mount Joy Ave.

The female had been deceased for an extended period of time, but less than one year. She is estimated to have been in her teens or twenties at the time of her death. Her hair color, hair style, and eye color are unknown. She stood approximately 5'00"-5'03" tall. Her race is unknown, but possibly Caucasian with African admixture.

She was found wearing a short sleeve yellow, pink, and blue striped sweater that zippered up the front. Three necklaces were also found with her. One was an 18K necklace with an opal pendant, another was a metal necklace with yellow heart pendant with the letter "K" in the center; and a badly tarnished "snake" chain with a small green stone.

Digitally enhanced images of the opal necklace and sweater are depicted above. The other images are a facial reconstruction created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depict what the female may have looked like in life.

Have you seen this child?

Interesting that the newspaper article and the NamUs page list Jane Doe's race as Black, but NCMEC lists it as "possibly Caucasian with African admixture."

I'm nowhere near positive on this, but I think Kathleen Durst is a decent potential match for Freeport Jane Doe. I admittedly haven't looked much into her case prior to this, but I think the "K" pendant and the close proximity between Kathleen's location of disappearance and Freeport Jane Doe's location of discovery (Manhattan to Freeport is about a 45 minute drive, it seems) are interesting. In one of the pictures shown of Durst on Charley, she's wearing a necklace that could possibly be similar to the one found on FJD, but it's not shown in nearly enough detail or clearly enough to make any sort of conclusive determination.

durst_kathleen5.jpg

However, Durst is listed as being 4" taller than Freeport Jane, and she's at the upper end of the age range listed for FJD on NamUs and NCMEC (16-30). If the 14-18 age range listed in the newspaper article were to be accurate, then Durst would be off that estimate significantly.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Kathleen Durst – The Charley Project

KD1.png KD2.png

"Cold case cops release new pictures of 1982 murder victim using facial recognition technology in hope of identifying body found in a dumpster"

Facial recognition technology creates pictures of murder victim | Daily Mail Online
From link, thanks.. rbbm.
30012590-8456045-image-a-37_1593018370698.jpg

Officers in Nassau County, New York, shared the images of 'what the victim was believed to have looked like' using facial recognition technology Tuesday

''The county medical examiner’s office said she had been dead for two to four months when she was found on November 4 1982.''

Detective Lt. Shaun Spillane told The Daily News that year: 'We don’t know who she is, how she died or where she died.'

''Hemlock needles are said to have been found in her clothing at the time, suggesting she had been in the woods before her death.

Anyone with information is asked to call Nassau County Crime Stoppers on 1-800-244-TIPS or to call 911. ''

She went missing from Long Island Cotton March 1981 she wore lots of jewelry fits the size and brown hair. Now the only thing is she is not black.. but I know it also says Caucasian so I thought I would post Valerie.. also with the K pendant the K could of belonged to a mother or grandmother? Just a thought.

NY - NY - Valerie Smith, 20, Long Island City, Queens, 4 March 1981

Deborah Kim Green – The Charley Project

This lady might have been a bit far away in Florida, but I think she looks similar and the timeframe is about right. She went by her middle name 'Kim'. Thoughts?

her face looks similar but her height is 5’9 to 5’10 and the UID is around 5 feet tall so I think the height is a bit off.

I think the evidence of the body being moved from it's original place may end up being a major clue. What was the point of moving the body months after disposing of it? Did something happen that risked the remains being discovered? What happened that made that area no longer suitable to hide a body?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back