NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, July 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI will share the findings of its probe into Jeffrey Epstein with the paedophile’s victims tomorrow.

They are said to include details of all those linked with the late billionaire – including the Duke of York.

And further arrests of people who enabled Epstein’s abuse of dozens of girls are expected.

Victims will meet US government lawyers ahead of a public announcement and congressional committee hearing next week.

FBI shares Jeffrey Epstein findings with victims - including Prince Andrew info

Miami Herald:

"A deadline has passed without opposition from two parties whose depositions in the bitter lawsuit between disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein’s accused co-conspirator, Ghislaine Maxwell, and an Epstein accuser are set to be made public.

Prosecutors wrote that they will be turning over 1.2 million documents from 62 devices they seized from Epstein. They were granted a two-week extension earlier this week on the delivery of those materials."

BBM ...Sure, the article is about the redaction of other parties' names, but wait, they confiscated 62 devices from JE? One million+ docs? How much of that was photos of underage females? Who organized and stored it all? JE? GM? A contractor? Just how expansive was this trafficking/blackmail biz?

ETA: Legally Bland's article is about the FBI sharing info, while the one I link notes that the agency is reluctant to release its JE docs.

"Meanwhile, in another closely followed legal matter, self-described muckraker Angela Clemente’s records lawsuit against the FBI has advanced in ways that may ultimately prove revealing. The FBI has sought to limit what it releases to Clemente in her Freedom of Information Act lawsuit demanding tens of thousands of documents from the agency about its relationship with Epstein.

...In an Oct. 26 ruling, Judge Trevor McFadden, who sits on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, ordered the FBI and Clemente to file a joint status report on their efforts to negotiate what documents will be made public. Importantly, he denied the FBI’s request to push the next status hearing to days before Christmas and ordered the two sides to update him on Nov. 23. McFadden also ordered the FBI to confer with Clemente and her lawyer on which records sought should be given priority treatment."

Clemente, a paralegal, sued the FBI in May, seeking to force the agency to release the documents on the grounds that Epstein is now dead, albeit under mysterious circumstances, and citing an overarching public interest in releasing documents. The Justice Department, representing the FBI, is fighting the effort.

Last edited:
@bethreinhard

Sen. Ben Sasse trashes DOJ probe of Epstein case, which "merely concluded" then-U.S. Atty Alex Acosta exercised "poor judgment: "Letting a well-connected billionaire get away with child rape and international sex trafficking isn’t ‘poor judgment’
“Americans ought to be enraged. Jeffrey Epstein should be rotting behind bars today, but the Justice Dept failed Epstein’s victims at every turn. The DOJ’s crooked deal with Epstein effectively shut down investigations into his child sex trafficking ring and protected his co-conspirators in other states. Justice has not been served. The full report needs to be released”.

Justice Department probe ends with no action against prosecutors who oversaw Epstein deal

Last edited:
Attorney for Jeffrey Epstein had prior relationship with prosecutor on his Florida case
Lilly Ann Sanchez briefly had a relationship with Matthew Menchel in 2003 when they both worked at the Southern District of Florida’s U.S. Attorney’s Office, the report found.
Sanchez left the office for private practice and was hired by Epstein around 2007. Menchel was chief of the criminal division when the office began investigating Epstein and helped negotiate an end to the case. Menchel left the office before the case was ultimately resolved.

“That stinks to high heaven,” the source familiar with the review said.

Attorney for Jeffrey Epstein had prior relationship with prosecutor on his Florida case

Lilly Ann Sanchez briefly had a relationship with Matthew Menchel in 2003 when they both worked at the Southern District of Florida’s U.S. Attorney’s Office, the report found.
Sanchez left the office for private practice and was hired by Epstein around 2007. Menchel was chief of the criminal division when the office began investigating Epstein and helped negotiate an end to the case. Menchel left the office before the case was ultimately resolved.

Just when you thought the case couldn't get more corrupt.

A Justice Department look-back report into its abortive 2008 prosecution of Jeffrey Epstein found that the Federal Bureau of Investigation had planned to arrest Jeffrey Epstein in May 2007, but pulled back after the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida, led by former Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta, frowned on the plan.

The report also concludes that Epstein wasn’t assisting the federal government in prosecuting Wall Street traders behind the collapse of investment bank Bear Stearns or serving as an “intelligence asset,” long rumored to be reasons for his notoriously lenient treatment.

That determination raises questions about an FBI document that seems to identify Epstein as providing information to the bureau.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article247183924.html

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

MORE: The lead Epstein prosecutor, Marie Villafana, emailed one of her bosses, Matt Menchel, blasting him in 2007 for making a deal with Epstein behind her back, the FBI’s back and the victim’ backs which was also contrary to federal policy.

Emz94I5XcAA9VbK

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
36m

Menchel told DOJ that Villafana’s tone was “highly unacceptable” and that her urgency to prosecute Epstein was “not respectful” of Acosta’s position. Furthermore, he told her she was never given authorization to seek an indictment (Me: so what was her job again?)

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
25m

I take back everything I said about the DOJ’s report into the Jeffrey Epstein’s case. Despite their conclusions, the report is quite damning of all the male federal prosecutors who handled this case. And I would add, their treatment of the female lead prosecutor was terrible.

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
21m

Quoting the lead Epstein prosecutor, Marie Villafana, in an email to her boss, “Raising the forgotten voices of victims in this case should not be classified as a lapse in judgement.” More...

[Not sure where the "more" is.]

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

MORE: The lead Epstein prosecutor, Marie Villafana, emailed one of her bosses, Matt Menchel, blasting him in 2007 for making a deal with Epstein behind her back, the FBI’s back and the victim’ backs which was also contrary to federal policy.

Emz94I5XcAA9VbK

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
36m

Menchel told DOJ that Villafana’s tone was “highly unacceptable” and that her urgency to prosecute Epstein was “not respectful” of Acosta’s position. Furthermore, he told her she was never given authorization to seek an indictment (Me: so what was her job again?)

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
25m

I take back everything I said about the DOJ’s report into the Jeffrey Epstein’s case. Despite their conclusions, the report is quite damning of all the male federal prosecutors who handled this case. And I would add, their treatment of the female lead prosecutor was terrible.

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
21m

Quoting the lead Epstein prosecutor, Marie Villafana, in an email to her boss, “Raising the forgotten voices of victims in this case should not be classified as a lapse in judgement.” More...

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

Emz94I5XcAA9VbK

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
36m

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
25m

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
21m

Dear @Legally Bland,

Thank you for this information.

With the "details" of the agreement unravelling, the truth is becoming quite clear surrounding it.

This makes me wonder what all we will learn before Maxwell's trial next July.

Dear @sds71,

The phrase "Truth is stranger than fiction..." couldn't apply more aptly than to this case.

“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.”

― Mark Twain, Following the Equator: A Journey Around the World

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
10h

Matthew Menchel’s comments should not age well. Villafana was doing her job. It was urgent — because Epstein continued to abuse young women even when he was in so -called jail — !

10h

Btw, all these federal prosecutors on the Jeffrey Epstein case went on to very LUCRATIVE law firm jobs. You know who didn’t? The female prosecutor who fought against the sweetheart deal.

15h

Another Tidbit,
@jkbjournalist
Don’t Forget AG Bill Barr Was A Former Counsel At Kirkland & Ellis And Son Of The Dalton School Headmaster Donald Barr Where Epstein Taught, With No College Degree, And Ended His Questionable Time There With A Dismissal.

9h

ICYMI: It’s quite surprising to me that Alex Acosta found the DOJ report vindicated him. Anyone who is patient enough to read the exhaustive report would know that that the only person vindicated in this probe was the lead prosecutor, Marie Villafana.

9h

Btw, you know all those sex tapes and recordings that Epstein had on his computers? The federal prosecutors refused Marie Villafana’s efforts to obtain them. Read the report.

9h

The DOJ report noted how federal prosecutors Sloman, Menchel and Lourie “couldn’t recall” meetings with Epstein’s lawyers but Marie Villafana (the lead prosecutor) provided DOJ with documentation of meetings. (how can you forget a meeting with Alan Dershowitz and Kenneth Starr?)

8h

NEW: another tidbit from the DOJ probe into the Jeffrey Epstein case, the FBI found a 14-year-old girl who said one of Epstein’s assistants took nude photographs of her — and she further told them there were lots of naked photographs of girls at his Palm Beach home. But....

9h

By reading the DOJ report into the Jeffrey Epstein case I suspect that there were some excellent investigators who were absolutely HORRIFIED by what happened. The details are mind-boggling. I would like to talk to you off the record if you were involved in the case.

https://twitter.com/jkbjournalist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member