NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the area, but it seems a bike rider would blend right in for hanging around there. I definitely can imagine he'd use a bike and fled on a bike. Hoping someone starts to remember something that might be a tip to help LE. Looks like it's a very concerned community.

As a retired firefighter who also searched for remains at the 9/11 World Trade Center aftermath, her father would know a lot about search and rescue.

Clarification: "As a retired firefighter" refers to KV's father, not me. I'm not a firefighter.

When I click on the link it's there�� Hopefully this works but I'm sure the quality isn't very good

[video]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh540/laurendini82/10703635-5844-41EF-8BBD-B74105E8BE3D_zpsrubws92r.png[/video]

It seems that the trail bends to follow the line of houses and if the perspective on this photo is right, the houses seem high enough to see over the weeds to the trail. We are up above a golf course like this and although there are lots of trees on the "slope" can see the course easily... especially from the upper level of the house.

Does the loop of trail take her further away from the houses and then back up to where they are again? Because she seems to have been attacked on the part closest to the houses. That's odd if the trail loops to a more secluded spot.

Just want to reiterate that this particular picture looks like the weeds had been cut, during the investigation they cut a lot of it down to find evidence.

But where the red circle is, indicating where she was found, that would be bringing her back towards the houses. I believe she was heading north on 78th towards the belt parkway, which is the last time she was seen on home surveillance approx 5:46pm, looping around away from the houses and then coming back towards and in view again of the homes. But right before she was in view of the homes seems to be, to me at least, where the attack occurred.

Keep in mind the weeds "before" the evidence collection were said to be 10ft high.

It seems that the trail bends to follow the line of houses and if the perspective on this photo is right, the houses seem high enough to see over the weeds to the trail. We are up above a golf course like this and although there are lots of trees on the "slope" can see the course easily... especially from the upper level of the house.

Does the loop of trail take her further away from the houses and then back up to where they are again? Because she seems to have been attacked on the part closest to the houses. That's odd if the trail loops to a more secluded spot.

Well. I haven't jogged in about a week. I have a gym membership now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I click on the link it's there�� Hopefully this works but I'm sure the quality isn't very good

[video]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh540/laurendini82/10703635-5844-41EF-8BBD-B74105E8BE3D_zpsrubws92r.png[/video]

Thank you! Yes I saw this picture in the article but it's not the one I was thinking about earlier. I have searched google images but can't find. I will try again. But thanks anyway! This pictures also gives us a good idea of the area.

How far are those houses from the entrance Karina used? Did she loop around and exit that way too? Because if someone was watching her from one of those houses and saw her enter, is it likely that the Watcher could go to the entrance and walk into the trail, waiting for her to loop back as she always did?

I'm not sure why...but this seems personal to me. One problem with social media, IMO, is that it allows strangers to feel they know you. I wonder if her Instagram was open to the public. She posted beautiful artistic pictures, but I can see some stranger who knew her pattern of running...watching her...obsessing, fantasizing over her Instagram. And then, realizing, that he could make his twisted fantasy happen.

BBM

But that's just the thing....a video capture HER entering the Weeds, but no one else. So, if someone from one of those houses watched her, he would've entered some other way than the way she did. The area between the houses and her location look choked with weeds and bramble. Maybe there are some pathways, but I'm just not envisioning someone looking out their window and then sneaking down into the Weeds to ambush her. Possible? Yes. But I just don't think that's what happened.

I think she ran in, someone or someones saw her, brutally attacked, and fled. I think it's someone local who knows the Weeds and the neighborhood, but who didn't personally know Karina. (I don't think anyone who actually knew her would do this to her in that neighborhood.)

jmopinion at the moment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...body-covered-bruises-panties-pulled-down.html

This article states she was texting with a friend at the time of the attack.

She must have slowed down to be texting at the time of the attack.
Sorry, getting confused by pictures from different angles.
The picture with the red circle here looks very close to some houses, not near a shoreline.
It must not be where her body was found?
Locals are very important to this case, IMO.
Praying for one good tip.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...body-covered-bruises-panties-pulled-down.html

"Police officers found her cellphone near a bicycle path and then found her body closer to the shoreline.

After Mr Vetrano called the police, he led officers down the track where she could have been heading towards the beach.

He then spotted her phone and started running. Moments later he found her lifeless remains face down in the tall grass.

She was believed to be texting a friend when she was attacked."

OMG , my thoughts exactly.. I grew up in Queens and Still live here. I remember Son of Sam my friends and I were in grade school and all of us that had brunette hair were afraid and we wore hats in july. Exactly like Ted Bundy.. he had a type....
And now I see this happen again with these 2 joggers and it completely brought me back..and my friend and I were talking today.. we jog and we are small and have long dark hair.. it kind of creeps you out..

They have mentioned that Vanessa lives in NYC but Queens is NYC (5 boroughs).. has anyone seen where exactly was it that she lived?.. it really would be interesting to know.. I think there might be some connection here..something is not right.. I feel they are connected..(or a sick copy cat killer)
Also I did Read that Karina had earbuds.. I have not been able to find if Vanessa had them too.. Nobody I know wears them because we I think are old school and paranoid and if you wear them you never hear what is around you...
This whole thing has hit very close to home on a couple of levels and it personally creeps me out.

I feel Queens neighborhoods used to be safer because pretty much everybody knew everybody in some way or form.. the people on the blocks used to be much closer. Everybody looked out for one another and you knew who to just stay away from and someone was always outside somewhere.. Sadly things have changed people die grow up move out and the neighborhoods are just suddenly being flooded with new people that wont even say hi even though the live on the block. Or everyone just stuck looking down on there phone. its kind of sad but I guess it just progress.. That was one of the things that was so great about living on a block in NYC. Anyway.. I have a feeling this guy might be the same killer.

Also I was wondering about the guy going around the park grabbing the women in Queens it would be interesting to know if these women that were grabbed looked like either Vanessa or Karina. And if there were any other attacks murders or missing women that have a similar look to these two women.. it could be a pattern.. Iam also going to look into this.

Oh no...I got a weird Son of Sam feeling when I first read about this case. Or.more likely a Ted Bundy, who also seemed to victimize young brunette women of a certain type...jmo

"Among the latest tips being run down by investigators is a report by a Howard Beach man who said he saw two agitated young men running from the park as he biked through the area around the time of killing, the source and neighborhood residents said.

The man has been interviewed and his information is being checked out, although it was unclear if the incident happened on the date of Vetrano’s death, said the source, adding that the man had not been able to identify anyone in photographs he was shown."

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...ard-beach-jogger-slaying-nypd-says-1.12154981

I hope they are looking at teens/young adults in the neighborhood who ride bikes or hang out in the Weeds.

jmo

"Among the latest tips being run down by investigators is a report by a Howard Beach man who said he saw two agitated young men running from the park as he biked through the area around the time of killing, the source and neighborhood residents said.

The man has been interviewed and his information is being checked out, although it was unclear if the incident happened on the date of Vetrano’s death, said the source, adding that the man had not been able to identify anyone in photographs he was shown."

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...ard-beach-jogger-slaying-nypd-says-1.12154981

I hope they are looking at teens/young adults in the neighborhood who ride bikes or hang out in the Weeds.

jmo

I don't think this was done by young guys. Or a young guy. I haven't heard about any rapes as brutal as this in Queens, or anyplace in NYC. I think if he is a serial rapist, after a period of time, he will want to repeat this. I think either he was just starting on his arc or else K. was targeted. jmo

I don't know if this could be connected but its the same MO. this was a female jogger 21 yrs old with dark long hair and dark eyes also went missing and found dead in the daylight. except she was thrown in the lake where she was jogging near in Illinois in Feb 2016. Jessica Suarez http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2016/04/earthly-body-located-jessica-suarez-21.html

I think it's a strong possibility of a serial killer. It's not that far of a drive and it's easy to target someone via social media now. Imagine what Ted Bundy would have done with sm? scares me. But, Sm, data and DNA will convict if it is a serial rapist/killer.

No news on KV, but Channel 5 (NYC) just reported that LE has received hundreds of tips regarding the Vanessa Marcotte murder. Last I heard, KV's case has only received three. I just don't understand that. Someone must have seen something useful. I hope people in HB aren't too afraid to talk.

No news on KV, but Channel 5 (NYC) just reported that LE has received hundreds of tips regarding the Vanessa Marcotte murder. Last I heard, KV's case has only received three. I just don't understand that. Someone must have seen something useful. I hope people in HB aren't too afraid to talk.

Why do you suppose they might be too afraid to talk, to call in a tip ? Who would they be afraid of ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

PUBLISHED: 00:00 GMT, 10 August 2016 | UPDATED: 01:10 GMT, 10 August 2016

Is this a serial jogger killer?
Police won't rule out link between murders of
lookalike Google worker and New Yorker
slaughtered while out running

Police officials have 'not ruled out' a connection between the murders of Karina Vetrano and Vanessa Marcotte
Vetrano, 30, was murdered while jogging in Queen on Tuesday, August 2
Marcotte, 27, was killed during a run on a trip to Massachusetts, Sunday
Both victims are successful, attractive New Yorkers, killed while jogging
Police say they're not ruling out possibility the two deaths are connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics