DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

First picture shows the overpass and bike line going over to the side of the Belt Parkway where Spring Creek Park is.
Second picture shows the direction of the mall, and HB (Howard Beach area)
Third picture shows the outline in red of where the Bike Path is and where a person could possibly enter and walk through the high weeds to the path Karina was on.
Fourth picture shows the white boat I pointed out in my previous post.

Attachments

• 2016-08-08 18.02.59.jpg
    2016-08-08 18.02.59.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 2016-08-08 18.04.36.jpg
    2016-08-08 18.04.36.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 221
  • 2016-08-09 15.08.16.jpg
    2016-08-09 15.08.16.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 245
  • Screenshot_2016-08-08-19-20-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-08-19-20-25.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 236
Originally Posted by Inthedetails View Post
"Among the latest tips being run down by investigators is a report by a Howard Beach man who said he saw two agitated young men running from the park as he biked through the area around the time of killing, the source and neighborhood residents said.

The man has been interviewed and his information is being checked out, although it was unclear if the incident, happened on the date of Vetrano’s death, said the source, adding that the man had not been able to identify anyone in photographs he was shown."

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york...ays-1.12154981

I hope they are looking at teens/young adults in the neighborhood who ride bikes or hang out in the Weeds.

jmo
This is interesting. "Couldn't identify anyone in the photographs shown." I wonder what photographs were shown? Do they have POIs? How did Police come up with the photos?!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

If investigators are not sure that the man who saw two agitated young men running from the park, happened on the date of Vetrano’s death. Why would they be showing him photographs? Shouldn't a detective be able to verify the date of the incident?

Imo, the American public is the task force's most valuable investigative resource. Why hasn't a sketch been prepared and shared with the public via ms media?
Time is critical when a recidivist sexual predator/s or possible serial killer/s strike.. jmo

Hi All- Local here. I have been wanting to post for a few days now, was waiting for my account to be activated. I couldn't remember my login credentials back from when I use to post on the Hailey Dunn board!

I just wanted to give a little information for non locals to better understand the area. I am about 3 miles from the location of which Karina was found. My brother's in-laws live on the other side of the Belt Parkway (considered Lindenwood) on 78th St, and right behind their house are the marshes. So I am familiar with the area. I have also biked from the Gateway Center (mall, off Erskin St exit on Belt Pkwy) to Howard Beach (Crossbay Blvd area). There are many entrances (technically not man made entrances, but someone could definitely climb in to the marshes) from the bike path that runs parallel to the Belt Parkway. Someone can easily come from the Gateway Center Mall and cross the overpass and onto the bike path. The Bike path lets out onto 78th Street. Gateway Center Mall is located in a not so well area (East New York), there are many men shelters in that area as well. There have been times when I have been at my brother's in-laws for a party and leave late at night and go to my car (which I park right in front of the gated marshes) and it is pitch black back there. I have come across strange men walking back there (but just passed them off as homeless men, which I am pretty sure they were) If I had to pick up my nephew I would double park in the front of the house, instead of parking by the marshes for safety.

I am currently posting this on a computer, and will follow up with maps I have screenshotted of the area and noted the bike paths etc along Spring Creek Park. Now I have seen many comment on the word "park", this technically is not a park like you and I would consider a park to be. As you know the weeds are very high and there are just paths cut out. This isn't a true "park". I believe it should be created into a park now to honor Karina, where it would be safe for everyone to go, women to joj, and kids to play.

One other thing I have observed, I never thought it was accessible by boat, because no one ever talks about taking a boat ride over to Spring Creek Park. However, if you google map "Gateway Center" and zoom over to Spring Creek you will see a small white boat around the area where Karina's body was found. Google Map pictures were most likely taken years ago, however this is something to think of. Why was there a random white boat on the shore? This boat is not viewable if you search "Spring Creek Park" because the words are actually over the boat, so you would have to zoom into the area of Spring Creek to see the boat. I will post a follow up post from my phone with the photos.

Sorry for such a long all over the place (probably typos) post. I have been wanting to post for a few days but waiting on account activation now has made my thoughts all over the place!! Being a local I find myself looking at EVERY person I pass by, for cuts, scrapes, bruises, bites. Which I hope everyone in the area and outer areas are doing as well. I work in Manhattan and even look at every passerby here as well!

<modsnip>

Welcome back!! Great to have locals.

<modsnip>

Thanks for the great insight.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

First picture shows the overpass and bike line going over to the side of the Belt Parkway where Spring Creek Park is.
Second picture shows the direction of the mall, and HB (Howard Beach area)
Third picture shows the outline in red of where the Bike Path is and where a person could possibly enter and walk through the high weeds to the path Karina was on.
Fourth picture shows the white boat I pointed out in my previous post.

Excellent!! So glad you're here on this thread.

Yes I have that same feeling myself. She was beautiful. Yes I am so sorry for Karina as well and the other joggers that were killed this week.
Her father found her. Why did they have him at the site? He shouldn't have been the one to find her. I didn't think they had family members search like that. My thoughts go out to her family and friends. So sad.

Keep in mind he was a firefighter and part of search & rescue after 9/11, not to mention a devoted father and someone who knew her running routes. I don't think LE "had him at the site" but rather that wild horses couldn't have kept him away.

jmo

This is interesting. "Couldn't identify anyone in the photographs shown." I wonder what photographs were shown? Do they have POIs? How did Police come up with the photos?!

Exactly. What photos? Given my hunch that a youth (or youths) committed this horrible crime, they might not have police photos.

I realize the witness's sighting of two agitated youths leaving the area on bikes might have happened a different day....but it seems like a promising lead to me.

jmopinion at the moment

BBM I had a nephew who was diagnosed with cancer and from that day on he didn't want to see family
and I am sure that no pictures were taken. We tried to visit him but he stayed inside his room and didn't want
anyone to see him. Of course his cancer was melanoma which was on his neck cheek..so
the surgery made him feel conscious I would say. He died at a young age of 40.

The mother has indeed appeared - she gave a press conference over the weekend. If you haven't heard it, google it. She's no shrinking violet who doesn't want to be seen. This mom is a force!

Lauranyc83, your first two posts are stellar! As always, your local perspective is beyond appreciated here at WS!
:welcome4:

Your pictures (and explanations) really do help non-locals, such as myself, to gain a better understanding of the area. For me personally, I'm not a wizard with spatial organization or maps, so this is awesome. :gthanks:

I honesty can NOT imagine what this past week has been like for you and your community. Some may say you shouldn't allow fear to overtake you in situations like this (generalization), but how can you not? The very fabric of the safety and security of HB has been torn to shreds! :no:

#PrayersUp to you for calling in to the tip line. Just reading your description of that man you saw sent chills down my spine. :(

I believe it is is the willingness of people like you to be vigilant and proactive that will make all the difference in solving this case!

I thank you for the picture your words painted of the little corner of the world you share with Karina and her family. I look forward to your insight. :sleuth:

#JusticeForKarina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If investigators are not sure that the man who saw two agitated young men running from the park, happened on the date of Vetrano’s death. Why would they be showing him photographs? Shouldn't a detective be able to verify the date of the incident?

Imo, the American public is the task force's most valuable investigative resource. Why hasn't a sketch been prepared and shared with the public via ms media?
Time is critical when a recidivist sexual predator/s or possible serial killer/s strike.. jmo

If witness isn't sure about the date he saw two agitated young men, how would police verify it?

The mother has indeed appeared - she gave a press conference over the weekend. If you haven't heard it, google it. She's no shrinking violet who doesn't want to be seen. This mom is a force!

ETA: Yes, she is a force!

Here's the link to the full video via @JayDow - MSM reporter at The Day's News / PIX11:
ETA:
Jay Dow | New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV
http://pix11.com/author/jay-dow/

Cathy Vetrano GOES OFF On Her Daughter's Killer
(WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE)

https://youtu.be/8jwUhm5AQcM

ETA2: (I've seen edited portions of her statement on multiple broadcasts. The media has been willing to bleep out a few words here and there, in order for Mrs. Vetrano to get her point across - moo:
This segment also includes a few words from Mr. Vetrano, and Karina's two BFF's )

Just had to share this quote from a NY Times article about female runners dealing with fear after the recent attacks on Karina and Vanessa.

BBM

"For other runners, like Martha (redacted last name), 73, jogging in groups is not an easy alternative; Ms. (redacted), who lives in Brooklyn Heights, said she had a hard time keeping up with younger runners."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/nyregion/vanessa-marcotte-karina-vetrano.html?_r=0

You go, girl!!

Lauranyc83, your first two posts are stellar! As always, your local perspective is beyond appreciated here at WS!
:welcome4:

Your pictures (and explanations) really do help non-locals, such as myself, to gain a better understanding of the area. For me personally, I'm not a wizard with spatial organization or maps, so this is awesome. :gthanks:

Thank you! I wish I didn't have to be here to give a local view point, but I am here if anyone has questions! I hope her killer is caught today, It saddens me that there are no leads, suspects, person of interest, nothing!

I just think no one knows anything!

Could very well be....but I'm thinking somebody's girlfriend knows something. Not that the girlfriend is involved, but I think some woman has seen marks on her man - or her man has been avoiding showing parts of himself. She may or may not connect the marks to the crime, but I think someone has seen some injuries that are laughed off as a bike accident, street fight, etc.

Total hunch and speculation.

jmo

I thought the same thing. Unless it was photos of local RSO's, rapists ?

I'm going back to the beginning of Karina's thread & watching every video posted (I'm clicking each news link and copying & pasting them to save for future reference). Some have direct links, while others do not.

There is substantial media coverage on her case. What are your thoughts on a Media, Maps & Timeline (No Discussion) thread for her?

Hi everyone. First I want to say that it deeply saddens me that these types of crimes happen in this country and the perpetrator in some cases get away with it. Wouldn't you love to stop one of these psychopaths? It makes me so sad and angry at the same time.
Also, regarding the level of brutality in this crime. Some of the most horrid and vicious crimes I've seen have been committed by serial killers, not necessarily "friends" with the victim. A hatred for women in general can be behind some of the awful things they do and also trying to subdue their subject. I really wish I could catch these people. It just sickens me to no end and I cannot even imagine what the family is going through. The father must feel awfully guilty for not going that day, even though he is not at fault. I would keep repeating the events in my mind thinking of what I could have done differently to affect the outcome. It's just really sad. I also believe there may be a connection between this crime and that in Mass. For whatever reason, maybe he wanted to eliminate a tie to the previous crime by burning the body of DNA evidence. From what I recall, I believe if a criminal is committing acts across state lines, the FBI gets involved. I guess we will all find out soon enough.

I read that the FBI has been involved since the beginning of Karina's case. She was murdered on what is federal land. But,yes, you're right,they will also be involved in V.'s case too.

I'm going back to the beginning of Karina's thread & watching every video posted (I'm clicking each news link and copying & pasting them to save for future reference). Some have direct links, while others do not.

There is substantial media coverage on her case. What are your thoughts on a Media, Maps & Timeline (No Discussion) thread for her?

That would be awesome. Can you start it?

That would be awesome. Can you start it?

I will alert a Mod/Admin to ask (not sure I'm allowed to do that on my own...

If given the green light I'd be happy to start bringing the links & posts over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member