NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the father - or the mother, for that matter - thought for a second that the ex-boyfriend was involved, I think he would make sure the world knew.

The guy has an alibi, right?

We know in hindsight that the dad wasn't running with her that day, but nobody in the moment knew he wasn't going to be there.

IMO, the exbf is not a suspect.

jmo
Please re-read my post. I'm not saying I think the ex did it. I said it would be more likely the perp is someone who saw the breakup as an opportunity to pursue a relationship with Karina himself. JMO

Please re-read my post. I'm not saying I think the ex did it. I said it would be more likely the perp is someone who saw the breakup as an opportunity to pursue a relationship with Karina himself. JMO

Aha! I did mis-read your post. Apologies!

Here's a map to show where Spring Creek Park is and Wantagh Park is (where a body was just found today next to an unoccupied boat). This may not be a connection. But I have thought that this killer was possibly on shore at Spring Park Creek with his boat and took off on his boat. Again, this is just my own opinion. At this point we do not even know sex of body found today in water.
bd929400b8721f9b3c37a8fc6c5a3337.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good to know that The Go Fund Me Team contributed $5,000:
$5,000
The Go Fund Me Team
1 hour ago

New development in the Vanessa Marcotta case in Princeton ! :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ogle-executive-27-murdered-going-jogging.html

EXCLUSIVE: Police seize footage of 'cut and bruised' man seen close to woodlands where Google executive, 27, was murdered after going jogging

And police have also stated that the killer is a man so it's 99% sure they have his DNA

Todays Vanessa Marcotte case press conference :

http://mix1041.cbslocal.com/video/c...a-princeton-murder-suspect-suffered-injuries/

DA: Princeton Murder Suspect Suffered Injuries
Investigators say the man who attacked Vanessa Marcotte likely suffered scratches.

Mob hit?

Gang initiation?

Revenge on the father for being a (now-retired) fireman?

All have been proposed over the last week. I truly cannot recall ever reading about a woman being raped and murdered by either the mob or by a gang initiation or as revenge to one of NYC's finest.

The theories sure are creative.

Mob hit?

Gang initiation?

Revenge on the father for being a (now-retired) fireman?

All have been proposed over the last week. I truly cannot recall ever reading about a woman being raped and murdered by either the mob or by a gang initiation or as revenge to one of NYC's finest.

The theories sure are creative.
I mentioned gang initiation only because I am a local and it is known to everyone around here that gangs frequent Spring Creek Park. It was just an opinion and thoughts on who could have commited this heinous crime. Spring Creek is known for drug deals/gang activity and dumping of bodies for drug deals that have gone wrong and gang revenge. Never said this was the reason she was killed. Only mentioned it to give a better outlook to non locals of who actually utilizes the "park". Honestly, Karina and her Dad have been the only ones I know of that actually goes running/jogging in there. It's technically not a park or a man made running path for runners.

I do not think that a professional or semi-professional hitman / person who received money to kill her would do that during daylight and in that park.

Why not? Seems very remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mentioned gang initiation only because I am a local and it is known to everyone around here that gangs frequent Spring Creek Park. It was just an opinion and thoughts on who could have commited this heinous crime. Spring Creek is known for drug deals/gang activity and dumping of bodies for drug deals that have gone wrong and gang revenge. Never said this was the reason she was killed. Only mentioned it to give a better outlook to non locals of who actually utilizes the "park". Honestly, Karina and her Dad have been the only ones I know of that actually goes running/jogging in there. It's technically not a park or a man made running path for runners.

All ideas are on the table, imo, at this point.

Until we know more, I like the brainstorming.

If we had the definitive answer, the crime would be solved by now. :)

Mary Murphy's interview with the commander and ride through Gateway.

https://www.facebook.com/marymurphymystery/?fref=nf
Interesting they showed a lot of Fort Tilden. I have gone to Fort Tilden at dusk and it's the safest area in that area! I grew up camping there with girl scouts, and that very same path they walked down where the gentlemen pointed out how a jogger could get hurt here as well, I walked by myself many times. Its the path that leads to the beach area where we spread my mother's ashes. I frequent there many times throughout the year. I was even there this past weekend. There are always park rangers driving around and rangers on horses.

Now Spring Creek is another story. I don't ever recall seeing park police there at all prior to Karina's murder. I didnt even know it was part of Gateway National Recreational parks!

Under the Crossbay bridge there are many homeless people. I believe this is what the lady was referring to.

Also- In regards to the Crossbay Bridge and the homeless living under it...here is a good post by the Guardian Angels whom explain perfectly of what type of people hide out under the bridge. All that marsh and weeds they are walking in, eventually connects to the pathway where Karina was found.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1096133997119501&id=748044635261774

For those not familiar with the area, here is a map of where Karina's body was found and the Cross Bay Blvd bridge...along the weeds by the bridge under the bridge is where the homeless, etc live as noted by the Guardian Angels. Also note- Vetro (the restaurant where Karina worked at, which I was also just at on Mothers day this year) is right before the bridge. I have seen men go through the gates and walk down underneath while at the red light right there. I really do hope LE has questioned these men under there. It could be someone who lives under there who is aware of her from Vetro. Ugh. Heading to bed. Hope when I wake up there is a break in the case!!
d8c552d1b7bc3bd6f3b3895087ed6fb3.jpg

Hi Chrissy-

I have the same fear lately. I have always been cautious walking around my neighborhood (Ridgewood, Queens), however lately I have been extra cautious, filled with fear. Any man that walks by me, I think he is out to get me. I walk my dog late at night and still fear even having him with me. I also am aware of the bike path. I've biked to the Rockaways, to the Gateway Mall, and know exactly what you are talking about with the path going off and away from the parkway. I too wondered what was in those weeds. It's always been a hangout for drug lords and gang members. It has crossed my mind that perhaps this was a gang initiation. Someone would have had to know though that a female would be in there.

Also want to clarify for many asking how no one could hear her screams if in fact she did scream. The location where her phone was found and her body found was further away from the street houses and closer to the shore line. Even if she screamed loudly, unless someone was in the park at the same time, or walking on 78th street, it wouldn't be able to be heard in a house with AC on, TV on etc.

Hi Lauranyc83, I used to work on Maspeth Ave and my bus passed through Ridgewood. I am in Starrett City right by the Gateway Mall, I usually just say ENY because most people aren't familiar with Starrett. I have to say, there's a lot less crime in Ozone Park/Howard Beach than there is in my area so when I go to my mom's I usually have no fear whatsoever. I will walk down to Crossbay by myself at night and not think twice about it. Now I realize how dangerous that false sense of security could be but it really is the kind of neighborhood that makes you feel safe. I can completely understand how that isolated park was a happy place for Karina and how she went running with no fear even after she was told by her father not to go near the weeds alone.

For those not familiar with the area, here is a map of where Karina's body was found and the Cross Bay Blvd bridge...along the weeds by the bridge under the bridge is where the homeless, etc live as noted by the Guardian Angels. Also note- Vetro (the restaurant where Karina worked at, which I was also just at on Mothers day this year) is right before the bridge. I have seen men go through the gates and walk down underneath while at the red light right there. I really do hope LE has questioned these men under there. It could be someone who lives under there who is aware of her from Vetro. Ugh. Heading to bed. Hope when I wake up there is a break in the case!!

Excellent point that it could be someone who has seen her at Vetros. That makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

My brother found out a few days before Karina was killed that my sister in law would sometimes walk down to the Crossbay bridge when she would go for a walk. That caused a very big argument in their house the day he found out. She couldn't understand why he was so upset. Then a few days later the news broke about Karina and now my sister in law totally understands why my brother was so upset with her.

There's an interesting mention in various news that there was a sect that sacrifice chicken in the weeds. I wonder if that plays a role or not. I'm sure LE, the experts have already factored that in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991