NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If just one would have to very strong, and confident... considering she was able to furiously fight back, too bad she couldn't break free and ran - but not easy to do if more than one...
Considering locals say they don't go into "the weeds", could be group living in there, apart from homeless already interviewed... use of drone probably looking for campsite.. Seems very empty area for lone attacker to be waiting around... of course, could be local who knows she jogs there and was waiting for opportunity...
The rage stands out - would think if local there'd be prior confrontations with people..

I'm thinking it was a hangout spot for young people rather than people from a homeless camp.

I wrote upthread about an encounter I had in an isolated section of a neighborhood park, not unlike this case. I was there alone and a group of youth (all guys) came walking through - it was a chance encounter. They saw me in the distance and it felt like they turned into a wolf pack - they jogged toward me and surrounded me, whooping and hollering. I seriously think they thought from a distance I was a young woman (I am small stature and had long hair at that time) and were taken aback when they got close up and saw I was so mom-looking and probably older than their own mothers. I think if I had been young, they would've harassed me and perhaps hurt me - if one started, I think the others would have joined in. Nobody would've witnessed it or been able to help. But they just ran around me in circles a few times, howling, and then ran off. I was scared!

So, that encounter is coloring my thinking on this case. Perhaps Karina ran along the path and just happened upon a pair or group hanging out or walking through, and they hunted her down because they could.

Pure speculation on my part, and I could be off base, of course.

jmo

what is rapex2? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Multiple people accounts for "rapeX2"?

I don't know.

I feel like it's just one person. Someone would notice a group of people easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is rapex2? I haven't seen that anywhere.

I agree with your thoughts Momoffourboys - this was extreme overkill; one of the most brutal murders - strangulation - rapeX2 - beaten - battered - teeth broken - face down, bruised, abused -- just seems too brutal for a stranger; this feels 'personal' - OMG my heart bleeds for this young soul. All JMO, however. Bless this family.

I know but what is it?

like she was raped twice or by two ppl?

I was assuming raped in two places on her body. Sorry to be graphic.

I don't think LE knows enough yet to say two rapists (though I'm not ruling out more than one at this point).

jmo

oh ok :( that crossed my mind too.

I was assuming raped in two places. Sorry to be graphic.

I don't think LE knows enough yet to say two rapists (though I'm not ruling out more than one at this point).

jmo

Yes, it does sound "personal" to me too. Personal and absolutely enraged. jmo And familiar enough with the lanes to know that no one would be coming in that direction. jmo

I was assuming raped in two places on her body. Sorry to be graphic.

jmo

Oh sorry. This is what I think as well.

What would a 3D scanning device do??

"Police sealed off the block around the Vetrano family home with crime scene tape Friday morning as they set up a 3-D scanning device in the street."
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...a-vetrano-manhunt-continues-article-1.2739756

It enables LE to present a panoramic view of what is usually a crime scene. It enables investigators to better understand how a crime happened. They are doing the area around the home only ? tia

From what I read the 3D device was used around the family home and then later walked to the bicycle path where the attack occurred.

Obviously there's a purpose for the use of it at the family home but I'm wondering what the significance of it is.

Strangled New York City Jogger Bit Her Attacker So Hard, Her Teeth Cracked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,21022858,00.html

ETA - also recovered DNA from her...

I'm glad to hear that! If she bit so hard her teeth cracked he won't just have a bite mark, he'll have a deep wound which hopefully gets terribly infected. They should send out notices to all hospitals and GP's.

It enables LE to present a panoramic view of what is usually a crime scene. It enables investigators to better understand how a crime happened. They are doing the area around the home only ? tia

Why around the home? How perplexing.

From what I read the 3D device was used around the family home and then later walked to the bicycle path where the attack occurred.

Obviously there's a purpose for the use of it at the family home but I'm wondering what the significance of it is.

I had read that several of the homes along the route she took had security surveillance cameras. Wonder if she was detected on any of them. And I wonder if she was alone, and if anyone was following her, or met up with her. jmo

I believe up thread it was said the cops found her on video but no one was following her or anything.

I believe up thread it was said the cops found her on video but no one was following her or anything.

I wish they would release the video, at least to us on WS. I know some eyes here are super-sleuthy and can pick up clues.

wishful thinking.....

I read that LE checked out the homeless group in that general area, but they do not believe any of them were involved. If no one was following her on the video, it really is puzzling. The lanes are so remote, and likely not really frequented by locals ? she had her phone with her, does LE have it ? I read that she was texting a friend and listening to music before she was attacked. If her phone was on during the attack, it could have recorded the whole thing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow